Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 04:44 PM

63,156 posts, read 29,323,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
are they looking for those factory jobs Trump is bringing back?

They probably won't have to if we get rid of illegal aliens out of our country. That will open up millions of jobs right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 04:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,364,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Keynesian economics is not "demand side" focused either. It merely appears that way because of the errant notion of Ricardian finical theory ignored the idea of involuntary demand barriers entirely, especially with regard to finance. I think it is safe to say that if the dollar disappeared entirely , apparent demand for real goods and services would fall. That has nothing to do with the idea of da guberment intervention. I use Keynesian economic principles to predict financial flows in the US , just like I use endogenous money theory to get an idea of private financial flows. It hardly means I want to give loans to every bum on the street. You have simply taken the Democratic lefty's word for it that they are "Keynesian" . Keynes is merely a label on the concept anyway. Its quite clear that the Federal budget impacts the economy in many ways both in what it consumes and where its buying power flows. Even a big da guberment Keynesian would have objected to what was going on in early 2000s. Large deficits with 3% unemployment is bloatamous economics.
Hmm..interesting take on it. The bold is probably true.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:48 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,510,515 times
I went to Paris and saw many immigrants peeing in public.

So, Nationalist.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:54 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,904,518 times
I am a Damn Yankee so that makes me a bit more restrictive then just nationalist. Most of my nationalism is expressed in terms of trade deals that use countervailing tariffs to negate any advantage associated with lower wages, health care, government support and environmental pollution for imported products.

One of the things I approve of is the near elimination of the Clintonista control of the Democratic party. Let the investor classes support the Republicans why we Democrats work for the rights and prosperity of the workers of the US.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:09 PM

6,492 posts, read 4,104,601 times
I am going to expand more on my previous comment.

Meiji Restoration- This started solely because the Japanese came into contact with foreigners, instead of s I king to their own culture they adapted aspects of the foreign culture and made Japan into a world power, China did the opposite and Japan vs China shows what could happen between Globalism and Nationalism. The Chinese at first were miles ahead of Japan developing dozens of inventions had we used to day. Paper, China and the list goes on. But China ignored other cultures and thus fell behind exponentially and has only managed to fully catch up to the development of Japan recently.

Protestant Reformation, Renaissance, Industrial Revolution- The Renaissance started in Italy but surrounding countries soon adopted the ideals of the Rennasian e instead of dismissing it as foreign culture that has no benefit or use. If the Rennasiance had never spread the groundworks for things like the Protestant Reformation would have never happened. By the time the Reformation kicked off in Germany, France and Netherlands, the mixing of European cultures had already bore fruit. The Catholic Church at this point in time were stopping knowledge and technology from spreading by preaching loyalty to the church and stuffing anything that questioned their authority which could be a new way of thinking. Eventually the PR got to England and they made the Anglican Church. Fast forward a few 100 years and you have the Industrials revolution in England. If this hadn't spread across the sea to mainland Europe and if mainland Europe had ignored the English and said well it isn't my culture so why should we try to adapt it into our culture, The dominance that Europe has had in this world since the 1600's who knows what could have happened. Now Globalism isn't all roses, neither is Nationalism but several nations helped the world as a whole thrive by piggybacking off each other. You can tie this back to the dawn of civilization in places like Mesopotamia, Egypt, China and India. The mixing of cultural practices has lead to some fantastic development throughout history. If all the culturally "productive" countries decided that their culture is superior and refused to take anything in from inferior cultures I don't know what would happen but IMHO it wouldn't be good.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:14 PM

37,814 posts, read 41,116,416 times
It will be interesting to see which party says "No" to the jobs that President Trump is trying to create for the American worker. Foreign workers don't vote in US presidential and congressional elections. It will be interesting to see if the big mouths in each party align against jobs for whatever reason.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:22 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,936,286 times
About the only thing the Chicago School, Keynesians and Austrians agree upon is liberalized trade agreements are good for a nation.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:09 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,411,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They probably won't have to if we get rid of illegal aliens out of our country. That will open up millions of jobs right there.
No real impact on the jobs of concern. The middle class factory and similar jobs are virtually never held by illegals. Get lots of $15 an hour and less jobs.

However it is reasonably clear now that nothing is going to happen.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:00 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,929,530 times
[quote=Metsfan53;46945453]and here is Trump voter 101 summed up perfectly...I don't know facts of a situation/idea/event but the people I don't like don't like it, so therefore it's good...

But some people (perhaps you?)deserve to be offended.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:10 PM

39,906 posts, read 26,614,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Snowflakes are never locked and loaded, so....
No, but they sure are triggered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies