Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 11:55 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Doesn't matter how high they build that wall. Doesn't matter how they guard it - dogs, microphones, machine guns, night vision goggles - doesn't matter. I will still go right through.

Because I am an American with a valid passport.
Well.....No duh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 11:56 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I would approve of a wall tax on all counties that voted for Trump. They wanted it, they can pay for it and get paid back when Mexico pays.

My county went for Hillary even though my state didn't.
Just hard an interesting editorial...

The USA will defund some drug war money that goes to Mexico and old smoke and mirrors Donald Dump will claim that Mexico paid for the wall. He's all about appearances and zero substance.

5,189 posts, read 5,341,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Prove it.
They can't. It's just more "alternative facts" to appeal to the double digit IQ lemmings. See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
President Trump kicks ass!!!!!!
Ah! Alternative facts AND fake news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I have a hard time believing that every Mexican national coming here illegally is a direct descendant of the people that lived in the Southwest US during the short time it belonged to Mexico.
You mean the thousand plus years before European conquest? Besides, I never made that claim. Also, more Mexicans are leaving the USA than coming in anyway. You can calm down a little. Those brown people you are so afraid of really aren't that big a threat.

Quote:
Please! And every Dutchman has the right to come to New York illegally and every Frenchman to Louisiana, right?
Frankly, I don't care. This country is vast and powerful enough to welcome many people, just like your ancestors. And the diversity they bring helps keep this a vibrant, beautiful nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxon View Post
Go Trump!!!!!! He is doing exactly what he said he would. Trump 2020
Except his lies about his taxes and business ties. But he sure is going ahead with his promise of stocking his cabinet with elitist billionaires who couldn't possibly give less of a crap about this country or its citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Trump's wall...Cost estimate 15 to 25 billion dollars, 700 million per year to maintain....Source of funds taxpayers.....
The Trump lemmings don't care. Remember, they voted for him BECAUSE he ran his campaign on hate, fear, ignorance and bigotry. They don't care how much it will cost them in taxes if they think it means fewer brown folk.

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Perhaps it will surprise you to learn that the native American tribes who had territories close to the border have always been allowed to pass back and forth. Native American tribes who had their territories in Mexico and not in the USA have not been allowed to pass back and forth at will.

It maybe also passed your notice that the people we call Native Americans are not all one nation of people. Just because the Chiricahua lived in the Mexico and the USA (and still have free passage across the border) is not a very valid reason to permit Native Americans from Guatemala to pass freely back and forth.

Many of the northern tribes had territories that spanned what is now the USA and now Canada. Those tribes can all pass back and forth.

Surprise! A native American of one of those tribes, who was born in Canada (or Mexico), with both parents born in Canada (or Mexico), is still legally a US citizen. US Immigration law. Look it up.

There was no such thing as a native American. All of our ancestors migrated from somewhere else. Anyone born here to citizen or legal immigrants parents is a native citizen of the USA. The descendants of the tribes that settled within our borders are all full fledged U.S. citizens those who did not are not our citizens. Look it up.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There was no such thing as a native American. All of our ancestors migrated from somewhere else. Anyone born here to citizen or legal immigrants parents is a native citizen of the USA. The descendants of the tribes that settled within our borders are all full fledged U.S. citizens those who did not are not our citizens. Look it up.
They call themselves Native Americans. They do NOT think they are immigrants. Of course they are citizens. As is any child born in the U.S. even if his parent if from another country. Even Barron Trump. Look it up.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Just hard an interesting editorial...

The USA will defund some drug war money that goes to Mexico and old smoke and mirrors Donald Dump will claim that Mexico paid for the wall. He's all about appearances and zero substance.

Donald Dump? Pretty juvenile, isn't it? Yep, the bitterness is flowing profusely from the lefties.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There have been many ranchers and other that think it is a waste, it does appear to work in San Diego but it diverts the crossing to another location. Build a wall across the entire border and they will find another way, people that are desperate enough will find a way. This entire proposal has been grandstanding offering an overly simplistic solution to a difficult problem.

Illegal immigration has been declining but you are right most of the immigration has been from Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador because of gangs, seems like we could put that $25 B to work in better ways, we just gave Israel $35B for military aid, how about addressing this problem in Central America.

That's the point! Force them to try at much more dangerous and impassable areas. Fewer will try. This ain't rocket science, you know.

They can't find a way if there is none and as I said fewer will try. What part of that aren't you guys getting? I can't think of a better way to spend our tax dollars than on our national security and the well being of our own citizens. A nation without borders cease to be a nation at all.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:08 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,341,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I knew President Trump would be a man of his word.
Trump is not a politician. He is a man for the people only.
Trump is a well-known, admitted fraud. The only people he gives a crap about are his elitist billionaire cronies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You lefties really need to get over your bitterness.
And the Trump lemmings need to get over their crybaby cowardice. "Oh fearless leader! Please build a big fence to protect us from all the scary brown people!" Sheesh.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
What we are seeing come to the surface is the dark and ugly underbelly of America. These people elected their leader on a campaign based on hate and fear. They have only themselves to blame. Nationalism and radical christian extremism is taking over.

Are you for real? What hate and fear are you speaking of? I'd rather we be a country based on nationalism and Christian principles rather than globalism with no respect for the law and morality.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:19 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,938,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
What we are seeing come to the surface is the dark and ugly underbelly of America. These people elected their leader on a campaign based on hate and fear. They have only themselves to blame. Nationalism and radical christian extremism is taking over.
I suppose I am a bit of a cynic, but what did you expect? Did you really think the American dream would last forever? I'm not surprised about this at all, we've been watching this coming for decades. Human beings are primitive grunting cretins when you get right down to it.

On the bright side, the 63 million that voted for Trump only represent about 1/4 of the voting age adults in the USA. Hard to say when the other 200+ million will wake up, but if they do, it's going to make for some interesting evening news. Assuming of course that we still have a free press to report it; most likely they will be limited to "alternate fact" reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies