Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 02:03 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I am super excited to see liberals heads explode and illegal aliens scatter like cockroaches with each brick that goes into this grand wall.
Considering a majority of illegals are here on expired visas, and so entered the country legally, I don't see how this wall is going to change anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 02:14 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Considering a majority of illegals are here on expired visas, and so entered the country legally, I don't see how this wall is going to change anything.
Of course you do. You are pretending towards ignorance...or at least I hope you are.

The wall will help stop the importation of poverty, which is the issue. The "expired visa" crowd were capable of getting visa's in the first place and often have marketable skills or resources. Not saying they should not play by the rules--they absolutley should. But they just aren't the problem.

It is always some idiotic canard with libs. There is always some reason why the problems aren't the problems and the solutions aren't the solutions. Time to throw in the towel. That era is over with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
1. Why didn't he put Saudi Arabia on the ban list? They are the biggest exporter of Islamic terrorism. They finance terrorists. Remember the attackers of 9/11?

2. What about Pakistan?

Seems Trump is banning the low hanging fruit.
If I had my way we would ban them all, but the refugee crisis is coming from Syria. I would say this is a terrific starting point. I didn't look at the list but I hope he got Somalia too, who are absolutely the vermin of the earth, and the most criminal, terroristic people on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What a joke. He'll be lucky to build a 3-foot picket fence on a short stretch. If the people of this soon-to-be cash-strapped economy, see him wasting billions of dollars on this monument to himself, he'll be finished. I can imagine what a source of amusement to the people of Mexico, this exercise in futility must be. Tunnels have been dug under existing barriers, that were 60 or more feet deep. How far down would they have to sink the foundation of a wall, to prevent this? It'd be like an iceberg, with 86% of its bulk down below, out of sight. And even then, it wouldn't work------they'd just dig deeper.

More foolish canards. Someone wil have to spend the time and resources to dig those 60 foot tunnels, and then they can be found and filled up. It isn't zero sum--the wall won't stop everyone, but it will slow them down, and be part of a comprehensive enforcment strategy along with more border patrol agents, tougher laws on rule breakers and employers, etc,

No wall is full proof, but they are extemely effective, which is why China built one against the Mongols, Rome built one on the Scotttish border, and Barrack Obama has one around his new house. When you spout this nonsense about how they don't work, you are going against 5000 years of human history. What you really mean is that you don't want them to work.

But don't worry, he'll never even get elected...oh wait!

Last edited by cachibatches; 01-25-2017 at 02:31 AM..

Old 01-25-2017, 02:40 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
In florida , I know the right can win a large portion of the Hispanic vote. Many are very conservative and right wing. Maybe it wont be donald trump this last election, but there is a very large Hispanic right wing vote, even Donald Trump won 25% of the Hispanic vote. I believe most Asians are right wing as well but they vote left wing. Why?

I think the democrats are cooked with their constituency and demographics , its a regressing and dying vote

Old 01-25-2017, 02:58 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
lol. It never gets old
So true.

Hillary Clinton 65.8 million votes
Donald Trump 62.9 million votes.

Trump is still tyring to lie his way out of the fact that he lost the popular vote.

LOL

Old 01-25-2017, 02:59 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
A big beautiful wall !
Wish we had one round the UK

Old 01-25-2017, 03:01 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

We can change that too.

It is the charged responsibility of government.
The job is required to be done but has been ignored.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:06 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Wish we had one round the UK
You got some water. Maybe you guys can start a great white shark breeding program around the country.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:11 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

The wall will help stop the importation of poverty, which is the issue. The "expired visa" crowd were capable of getting visa's in the first place and often have marketable skills or resources. Not saying they should not play by the rules--they absolutley should. But they just aren't the problem.

The problem is the 'poverty' fights to come here because they find work, a wall's not going to stop that until those who hire them and benefit from cheap labor face jail time for doing so. The wall may be sizzle but there's no steak here.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:15 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
A politician that actually keeps promises and gets things done. I was raised with southern democrats and Reagan Democrats and really despise mainstream republicans but Trumps America First nationalism and his lack of typical politician double talk is why I voted for him

Presidents have always made excuses and none of have talked about lost jobs overseas like trump has and they all, both Democrat and Republican , did nothing to stop illegal immigration and job outsourcing or slowing the tide of immigration and multiculturalism

"Trump is set to BAN people from Syria and six other 'dangerous' Muslim countries from entering America by signing executive orders

President Trump's executive orders are expected to temporarily close US borders to most refugees

Trump also set to sign executive order pertaining to his campaign pledge to build a wall along the American border with Mexico

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/24/u...rump.html?_r=0

Trump to 'ban immigrants from Syria and 6 other countries' | Daily Mail Online

The thread title is very misleading!

Trump is NOT building a wall today. He is directing resources to be used to look into building a wall. There is a world of difference between the two!!

So basically Trump's promise to make Mexico pays for the wall is all BS. He is using OUR money to pay for the wall.

Mark my words, the corp of engineers will still be "planning" this wall 10 years from now. Trump will campaign on finally laying the first cinderblock in 2020.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:43 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What a joke. He'll be lucky to build a 3-foot picket fence on a short stretch. If the people of this soon-to-be cash-strapped economy, see him wasting billions of dollars on this monument to himself, he'll be finished. I can imagine what a source of amusement to the people of Mexico, this exercise in futility must be. Tunnels have been dug under existing barriers, that were 60 or more feet deep. How far down would they have to sink the foundation of a wall, to prevent this? It'd be like an iceberg, with 86% of its bulk down below, out of sight. And even then, it wouldn't work------they'd just dig deeper.
If Trump can figure out how to become president when the following groups were all aligned against him...
* Republican Party
* Democrat Party
* Media

.... I think he can figure out how to best build a secure border.

You election losers continue to underestimate DJT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies