Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 08:58 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,840,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
That's because there are no refugees from those countries -- duh.
I dunno whether there are refugees from Saudi Arabia or Pakistan in the US. But there certainly are green card and visa holders from those countries in the US.

You keep ignoring the point that Trump's EO is about more than refugees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 08:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,461,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I dunno whether there are refugees from Saudi Arabia or Pakistan in the US. But there certainly are green card and visa holders from those countries in the US.

You keep ignoring the point that Trump's EO is about more than refugees.
Well, I'm glad of that.

We need to keep Muslims out of the country. No matter where they are from or what their status is.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:00 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,768,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You Trumpees and your fearless leader can hope all you want, but we are not going anywhere, and will continue to question every move he makes. You may think it will have no effect, but just watch and see.

This is not a Dictatorship, and we will not allow it to become one.
And why do you think it is a dictatorship under Trump?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:00 AM

18,006 posts, read 15,698,517 times
Quote:
So your "best and oldest friend" is a racist and a "serial womanizer of very young women."

Some of the things you libs come up with!

Add me to the list of seriously confused here. There's just no way to spin that to make it sound like there's any credibility to his position at all. I can't see myself being friends, let alone best friends, with someone who is my complete antithesis. I actually lean somewhat conservative and can't picture being friends with someone such as is being described. I had a friend once when I was young, we grew up cowboying together, who became very misogynistic as we aged. We diverged some time ago. He started spending a lot of time with a guy he was roping partners with who is about the worst excuse for a human being I've ever seen. Treated his wife ,literally, as property, publically demeaning her and showing the world who the rooster in the yard is. My now former friend followed his example.

I rode with them a few times, though I'd gotten out of roping into other equestrian endeavors, attended some after event BBQs and such with my family in attendance as well. Their behavior embarrassed me. People see you by the company you keep. Things got to be more than uncomfortable. It finally turned really ugly one fine day, and I saddled up and sank spur. Long story short.

So when I see something like that post, a very dubious light shines out, casting serious doubt as to the strength of conviction of the individual in question. Since these serious leftists supposedly pride themselves on their strength of conviction, touting their moral principals as being their primary motivation, keeping such contrary company does put those principals into question. Such does not launch any argument or opinion into the realm of irrefutable credibility.

My best friend is someone very special to me. Nobody, and I mean nobody messes with that. We defend each other without question in personality and position, have each others backs, and if we do find ourselves in opposition it's in something that one or the other needs to look at for our own good. Calling out something like drinking to much or something else that's cause for concern. IDK, am I reading to much into this? I don't think so. Like I said, people don't see you as any better than the company you keep, so who one calls their "best friend" would have a huge effect on moral character and strength of position on a particular issue. Makes for a pretty serious hole in the argument here.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:02 AM

30,268 posts, read 18,828,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The immigration agents and the police are ignoring the judge's order and are enforcing the order of their President.

See Andrew Jackson and the Cherokees for a historical reference point.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:04 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,964,825 times
Quote:
You have no evidence for that.

Again, you have no evidence for that.

And we shouldn't base our decisions on the whims of other countries anyway.

Are you just making this stuff up or did you take a detailed survey?

You actually know them personally?

The writer of that poem was a Zionist who didn't want any non-Jewish people to be able to live in Israel.

Her poem is very pretty but it was never voted on by Congress or signed by the president.
Do try to keep up.

All of my statements which you challenged can be documented in current, reliable, real, non-fake, non-alternative news facts, and can be confirmed with current statements from seasoned, intelligent, public servants dedicated to the welfare of our country and its people. Opinion, yes, as of right now - but just wait. The fruit from this particular poison tree is due to ripen and fall soon, unless we can stop this bitter harvest.

We do not live in a vacuum on this earth, and we absolutely must take into account the views of other countries, for our own security and well-being, as well as for the well-being of all those other (Inconvenient?? Scary?? Different??) people.

America-Firsters would do well to recognize this, and cease their xenophobic bloviating.

I am a descendent of early 18th century Huguenot refugees, and I bless those other American colonists and patriots who not only welcomed my ancestors, but who saved their lives in their hour of greatest need.

"I was a stranger, and you took me in". - Jesus Christ

Old 01-29-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
No, they aren't. They can be challenged in court. As for Congress, it can come up with legislation but that requires the president's signature or a veto override.
???? I would think that an Obama opponent would understand how this works, but apparently not.

Here's an explanation from someone you might respect - The Use and Abuse of Executive Orders and Other Presidential Directives

Quote:
Well, they'll have to tough it out -- and they had no rights for him to "abrogate."
Wrong. U.S. Permanent Resident / Green Card Holder's Rights

Old 01-29-2017, 09:11 AM

89,518 posts, read 45,208,700 times
Quote:
They have to go through immigration upon re-entry, same as US citizens with US passports. Immigration detains and further investigates anyone who arouses suspicion. That's just the way it works. There is no magic free pass that lets anyone, not even US passport-holding citizens, from bypassing that process.

Those who travel internationally know this.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,624,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You Trumpees and your fearless leader can hope all you want, but we are not going anywhere, and will continue to question every move he makes. You may think it will have no effect, but just watch and see.

This is not a Dictatorship, and we will not allow it to become one.
Well, we know it drives the orange egomaniac crazy so that's good enough reason for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Election 2016

54.3 % of voters did NOT vote for Trump.

When will the Trumpsters accept this FACT !
They simply can't and are only following the example set by Trump. But, keep saying that because it drives him into a rage, according to his aides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Do try to keep up.

All of my statements which you challenged can be documented in current, reliable, real, non-fake, non-alternative news facts, and can be confirmed with current statements from seasoned, intelligent, public servants dedicated to the welfare of our country and its people. Opinion, yes, as of right now - but just wait. The fruit from this particular poison tree is due to ripen and fall soon, unless we can stop this bitter harvest.

We do not live in a vacuum on this earth, and we absolutely must take into account the views of other countries, for our own security and well-being, as well as for the well-being of all those other (Inconvenient?? Scary?? Different??) people.

America-Firsters would do well to recognize this, and cease their xenophobic bloviating.

I am a descendent of early 18th century Huguenot refugees, and I bless those other American colonists and patriots who not only welcomed my ancestors, but who saved their lives in their hour of greatest need.

"I was a stranger, and you took me in". - Jesus Christ
No true Christian could possibly have voted for Trump or agree with his position. Fake Christians I call them.

Quote:
???? I would think that an Obama opponent would understand how this works, but apparently not.

Here's an explanation from someone you might respect - The Use and Abuse of Executive Orders and Other Presidential Directives

Wrong. U.S. Permanent Resident / Green Card Holder's Rights
I think that how this has been handled is a HUGE part of Trump's problem. Like all of his plans, it was hastily thought out and now implemented without having a clue about the law.

SUCH AS green card holders.

Shouldn't they have planned this so that people were detained BEFORE they got on that flight???

The optics are TERRIBLE.

Republicans have been deadly silent

Old 01-29-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Well, I'm glad of that.

We need to keep Muslims out of the country. No matter where they are from or what their status is.
Well, quit wasting your time posting on c-d and start the ball rolling to amend the BoR. Once that's done, then you'll be able to change immigration law to suit your delicate sensibilities.

But until you do - neither Trump nor you can treat people differently based solely on their religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies