Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 09:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And if something is found to be suspicious, they are subject to a little American tradition known as DUE PROCESS.

They are not barred from entry, as these people are now.

Only US Citizens are privileged to that. The US Constitution, does not encompass all people of the world, pointed out but the first 6 words of the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 09:48 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Research Ellis Island......
The people that can look past the tip of their noses, are smart enough to see what the future brings.
Ellis Island returns, for good reason! The majority of people and most importantly States, have demanded it.
The times we live in.
Adapt, or become extinct.
My, my how dramatic. The majority of people have not "demanded" anything of the sort.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:49 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I was pretty young when Jimmy Carter did this so i really don't remember a lot. Was there all these protest and amount of backlash then ?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
Quote:
Only US Citizens are privileged to that. The US Constitution, does not encompass all people of the world, pointed out but the first 6 words of the Constitution.
False read the clause Citizens are entitled to privileges and immunities, Persons are entitled to due process. Physical presence suffices for jurisdiction.

Are you contending that only citizens are persons? How would textualist Scalia feel about that?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Add me to the list of seriously confused here. There's just no way to spin that to make it sound like there's any credibility to his position at all. I can't see myself being friends, let alone best friends, with someone who is my complete antithesis. I actually lean somewhat conservative and can't picture being friends with someone such as is being described. I had a friend once when I was young, we grew up cowboying together, who became very misogynistic as we aged. We diverged some time ago. He started spending a lot of time with a guy he was roping partners with who is about the worst excuse for a human being I've ever seen. Treated his wife ,literally, as property, publically demeaning her and showing the world who the rooster in the yard is. My now former friend followed his example.

I rode with them a few times, though I'd gotten out of roping into other equestrian endeavors, attended some after event BBQs and such with my family in attendance as well. Their behavior embarrassed me. People see you by the company you keep. Things got to be more than uncomfortable. It finally turned really ugly one fine day, and I saddled up and sank spur. Long story short.

So when I see something like that post, a very dubious light shines out, casting serious doubt as to the strength of conviction of the individual in question. Since these serious leftists supposedly pride themselves on their strength of conviction, touting their moral principals as being their primary motivation, keeping such contrary company does put those principals into question. Such does not launch any argument or opinion into the realm of irrefutable credibility.

My best friend is someone very special to me. Nobody, and I mean nobody messes with that. We defend each other without question in personality and position, have each others backs, and if we do find ourselves in opposition it's in something that one or the other needs to look at for our own good. Calling out something like drinking to much or something else that's cause for concern. IDK, am I reading to much into this? I don't think so. Like I said, people don't see you as any better than the company you keep, so who one calls their "best friend" would have a huge effect on moral character and strength of position on a particular issue. Makes for a pretty serious hole in the argument here.
My friend has never failed to be a friend. Unlike many people I don't give a crap what your religious or political views are unless you shove them down my throat, and he doesn't. And if I was thrown in a Mexican jail by corrupt officials or was losing my house to foreclosure he'd be the one who would work tirelessly to get me out of trouble. So say what you want, it doesn't reflect on me at all. I only see him once or twice a year, we live hundreds of miles apart.

Having said that if I meet someone who expresses racist views, they don't become my friend. He only got in under the grandfather clause because when we were growing up he hadn't yet been warped by the conservative corporate culture he was later inducted into. And I tell him that not infrequently.

Your post is a good example of the internet conservative culture. Take my personal views on friendship, something none of your business and which you know nothing about personally because you don't know either of us, and use it to make yourself feel bigger and better than me. On the internet.

Well that's about it for my occasional foray in this forum. Smells bad in here, someone open a window.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
My, my how dramatic. The majority of people have not "demanded" anything of the sort.

Daddy Trump is President.... Disprove that.

Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 01-29-2017, 09:53 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,039,913 times
All the salty liberal tears in here are delicious.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:54 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Daddy Trump is President.... Disprove that.

Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!
He may be your "daddy" (that's actually more than I've ever wanted to know about you), but he sure ain't mine.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:55 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,381 times
What a silly thread. This is a 120 days hold to put better vetting procedures in place.

You think bringing refugees/immigrants here is going to solve the problem. Liberals want us to open the doors and let everyone flood in. Obama foolishly said "America is becoming more brown." As if that is a situation. Very shallow.

For every 1 million refugees/immigrants we let in here, 80 million more are born world wide into extreme poverty, so extreme that they are helpless to help themselves. So much for Obama's and the UN's global vision.

If you behave as you believe, you would be better off to help those nations lift their own out of the poverty. But then the UN would have you believe differently. Instead of working to lift up these nations, they want to bring America down to their level.

This video is 6 years old. I am sure those numbers have increased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Old 01-29-2017, 09:55 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And if something is found to be suspicious, they are subject to a little American tradition known as DUE PROCESS.

They are not barred from entry
Actually, they can be prevented entry pending further vetting/investigation.

Straight from the source. Re-entry ISN'T guaranteed or automatic:

If seeking to enter the United States after temporary travel abroad, you will need to present a valid, unexpired “green card” (Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card). When arriving at a port of entry, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer will review your permanent resident card and any other identity documents you present, such as a passport, foreign national I.D. card or U.S. Driver’s License, and determine if you can enter the United States.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/aft...sident#reenter

A lot of the confusion and flat out lies could be avoided if the chronically ignorant would just educate themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies