Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 01:03 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Appreciate the thought and effort you put into this post.

Have to say though that our existing refugee process was very tight to begin with. It was nothing like the uncontrolled mass acceptance of refugees in europe.

That's true. But a lot of people had a genuine fear that it would go that way here. Like the mass Cuban boat lift did. It couldn't be said it hasn't happened like that in the US before, and the last time was pretty bad. Castro didn't hesitate to capitalize on the situation and dumped all his garbage right on our doorstep. ISIS would do the same, has in Europe, to dump dedicated extremists with premeditated plans, and at our expense to boot. Logistically, what more could any enemy want? Talk about pennies from heaven, which is exactly how they see it. Divine intervention on their behalf. Prophecy being fulfilled even. The laying of the enemies of Islam at their feet.

These are very ruthless and vicious people. They are using any and all methodology at their disposal to fight an enemy far more advanced and powerful than they can ever hope to be, and stinging but good. Analogous to a beehive and a Grizzly bear. Hitting the most vulnerable areas with brutally simplistic methods of dishing out pain. The bear, confident in his size and power, forgets about his nose eyes and ears, until the bees, who have no issue martyring themselves, find them.

Under the policies of the previous administration, with focus on "humanitarian" concerns, following Europe's lead, and trying to project the image of being the worlds savior, people were seeing images of plane and boatloads of "refugees" with stone killers all through their midst being allowed to pass easily as our intake system was overwhelmed. I can't fault that concern. Personally, my first concern is for the future of my own loved ones safety and security. I won't pretend to think we can save the world. Sure' many of these would be refugees have suffered, but alleviating the suffering can't be put above any more American lives. Noble as maintaining such a view may seem, of helping people, we can't sacrifice any more of ourselves for that cause. Not if we want to survive.

I've become more and more of the opinion we need to adopt a policy of non interference, especially in the ME. Thus far, our interference, and removal of the "evil dictators" have done nothing but destabilize things further. Allowing Islamic extremists to fill the power voids that we created. As contrary to what our own sensibilities may be about dictators, the fact is they work for the ME. Far more in our favor than do Islamic theocracies. And people are fed up with sacrificing American lives to "liberate" some bassackwards country, who's people hate us anyway, and then having to assume responsibility for the ensuing mess by taking in throngs of refugees. Ones who neither understand or have any use for our way of life here.

Now we have ISIS, and promises to deal with them. Here we go again. More refugees, more destabilization, more motivation for the extremists. Can't fault the premise of turning off the tap for the influx of people, but we've done put the cart before the horse there. I don't follow Trumps policies line item. At least not in the order of priority. The refugee issue needs turned off at the source. We have a tap that wont shut off and a full bucket. Trying to keep the mess off the floor with a faucet that won't shut off, so to speak. And here we sit, squabbling about whether to get another bucket or shut off the water at the main. What will probably happen is well let some of it run over while we run out and shut things off, then hope things will dry out with some time and a wet vac. We have a mess no matter what.

We just can't afford to argue about it. Time to roll up our sleeves and get busy with a plan in mind done in proper order. Have to make a mess, (again) in order to clean one up. No choice but to get wet at this point. And we're all standing in the middle of it. Ain't life grand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 01:07 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,533 times

Old 01-29-2017, 01:11 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IF you're right; then it'll be either Pence or Ivanka becoming POTUS. Be careful what you wish for, it might get worse for you Trump haters.
I definitely wouldn't mind Ivanka taking office.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
If you hate Trump... You are going to LOVE Pence!

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha. Have you really thought this through?

Old 01-29-2017, 01:14 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
To paraphrase Clint, 'Go ahead, make our day'.
Hope you guys have the spine to back up all the talk. You'll need it.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That's true. But a lot of people had a genuine fear that it would go that way here. Like the mass Cuban boat lift did. It couldn't be said it hasn't happened like that in the US before, and the last time was pretty bad. Castro didn't hesitate to capitalize on the situation and dumped all his garbage right on our doorstep. ISIS would do the same, has in Europe, to dump dedicated extremists with premeditated plans, and at our expense to boot. Logistically, what more could any enemy want? Talk about pennies from heaven, which is exactly how they see it. Divine intervention on their behalf. Prophecy being fulfilled even. The laying of the enemies of Islam at their feet.

These are very ruthless and vicious people. They are using any and all methodology at their disposal to fight an enemy far more advanced and powerful than they can ever hope to be, and stinging but good. Analogous to a beehive and a Grizzly bear. Hitting the most vulnerable areas with brutally simplistic methods of dishing out pain. The bear, confident in his size and power, forgets about his nose eyes and ears, until the bees, who have no issue martyring themselves, find them.

Under the policies of the previous administration, with focus on "humanitarian" concerns, following Europe's lead, and trying to project the image of being the worlds savior, people were seeing images of plane and boatloads of "refugees" with stone killers all through their midst being allowed to pass easily as our intake system was overwhelmed. I can't fault that concern. Personally, my first concern is for the future of my own loved ones safety and security. I won't pretend to think we can save the world. Sure' many of these would be refugees have suffered, but alleviating the suffering can't be put above any more American lives. Noble as maintaining such a view may seem, of helping people, we can't sacrifice any more of ourselves for that cause. Not if we want to survive.

I've become more and more of the opinion we need to adopt a policy of non interference, especially in the ME. Thus far, our interference, and removal of the "evil dictators" have done nothing but destabilize things further. Allowing Islamic extremists to fill the power voids that we created. As contrary to what our own sensibilities may be about dictators, the fact is they work for the ME. Far more in our favor than do Islamic theocracies. And people are fed up with sacrificing American lives to "liberate" some bassackwards country, who's people hate us anyway, and then having to assume responsibility for the ensuing mess by taking in throngs of refugees. Ones who neither understand or have any use for our way of life here.

Now we have ISIS, and promises to deal with them. Here we go again. More refugees, more destabilization, more motivation for the extremists. Can't fault the premise of turning off the tap for the influx of people, but we've done put the cart before the horse there. I don't follow Trumps policies line item. At least not in the order of priority. The refugee issue needs turned off at the source. We have a tap that wont shut off and a full bucket. Trying to keep the mess off the floor with a faucet that won't shut off, so to speak. And here we sit, squabbling about whether to get another bucket or shut off the water at the main. What will probably happen is well let some of it run over while we run out and shut things off, then hope things will dry out with some time and a wet vac. We have a mess no matter what.

We just can't afford to argue about it. Time to roll up our sleeves and get busy with a plan in mind done in proper order. Have to make a mess, (again) in order to clean one up. No choice but to get wet at this point. And we're all standing in the middle of it. Ain't life grand.
Unfortunately we have an Apprentice in the WH who has no idea how to implement policy. No idea at all. And he's listening to another novice.

If they decide to ignore the judge's ruling, we have a Constitutional crisis on our hands. Have to make a mess? Actually no. An experienced smart person would have consulted the right people, like Homeland Security, duh, before initiating this 'mess.' Trump is not a smart person.

You put a stick of dynamite in the WH and you get an explosion. This is an explosion--not a 'mess.'

Old 01-29-2017, 01:22 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

Funny you should mention Cuba.... My wife and I had a conversation about this this morning. The whole wet foot / dry foot versus the hoops required for immigrating from pretty much anywhere else. She was born in Cuba and immigrated in 1962 sponsored by Catholic Charities. She said the same thing about Mariel.

I feel like we were pretty much past the thought of mass uncontrolled numbers of refugees coming here. This just smacks of pandering to the all immigrants suck crowd that helped get Donald elected.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:27 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Have any proof of this or is that your opinion?
Former UN Ambassador John Bolton explained how the refugee vetting works -- just as I described it.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:30 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Quite a leap to jump to rounding up Jews throwing them into gas chambers don't you think?

No I know you're not thinking. Just like the rest.

People are dumb, and you are helping prove that point.
I was mocking such people, not agreeing with them.

My use of the term "card" should have clued you in.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:32 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
contraire...mon ami...he is saving this country from 3rd world status. Which I personally don't care for, if you do, go and live in one for a year and get back to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies