Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 02:26 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

My thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 02:37 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
No, the resistance won and in now in the White House. The corporate-globalists want a world with no borders so they can make more money by using dirt cheap, non union labor, so they don't have to deal with currency exchanges & so they can write the laws in order to avoid paying taxes.

Creating an environment where American jobs are not being taken or having wages lowered by low priced, foreign labor, where trade deals benefit the American worker & where the safety of American citizens comes before PC politics, is the job of the American president.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:53 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
No, the resistance won and in now in the White House. The corporate-globalists want a world with no borders so they can make more money by using dirt cheap, non union labor, so they don't have to deal with currency exchanges & so they can write the laws in order to avoid paying taxes.

Creating an environment where American jobs are not being taken or having wages lowered by low priced, foreign labor, where trade deals benefit the American worker & where the safety of American citizens comes before PC politics, is the job of the American president.
Actually, that last sentence describes something that never will nor could happen. That ship sailed away long ago. The only thing to do now, that won't end in disastrous wars of some kind, is to make the best of what is happening globally and figure out how to do it better than the others. As we can see, those that appear to pose the largest threat to us, have their own, looming internal disorders and declines and through their own lack of planning, will remove themselves as significant adversaries. In a few years, their deadly buildup of pollution and depletion of cheap and easily obtained resources, as well as the growing dissatisfaction and resistance among their people, will block them from sustaining positions as world powers.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 01-29-2017 at 03:05 PM..

Old 01-29-2017, 02:55 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
[quote=Mason3000;47003196]No, the resistance won and in now in the White House. The corporate-globalists want a world with no borders so they can make more money by using dirt cheap, non union labor, so they don't have to deal with currency exchanges & so they can write the laws in order to avoid paying taxes.

You do realize this describes Trump's business practices - don't you??

Old 01-29-2017, 03:00 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If he chooses to run and is in good health, he will win in 2020.

The 14th amendment never said that anchor babies are citizens. Not even close. It clearly says that children of foreigners, such as diplomats, are not citizens. If children born in the U.S. to foreign diplomats who are here legally are not citizens, then children born to foreigners who are here illegally certainly are not citizens.

The anchor babies need to go, along with their parents. So do the so-called "dreamers."

Never have there been so many people who don't understand the word "No!"
There is no guarantee that if President Trump runs in 2020 that if he will win.

Again so called "anchor babies" are US citizens - period!

Old 01-29-2017, 03:01 PM

516 posts, read 429,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You Trumpees and your fearless leader can hope all you want, but we are not going anywhere, and will continue to question every move he makes. You may think it will have no effect, but just watch and see.

This is not a Dictatorship, and we will not allow it to become one.
Yeah protest your way to change laws......

Old 01-29-2017, 03:04 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
The new norm - chaos in the WH and out on the streets. This is what Trump voters have done to America.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:33 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump the Orange is your President and likely will be for the next 8 years...your little protests are going to be defeated by reality and power but you can waste your time if you want if it makes you feel better.
No, this is a large blight in our country. He is not acting like a leader. He is acting like a spoiled child. And the people will continue to resist. Back in the 60's when the anti war groups first started showing their numbers, it was assumed it would fade. Didn't work out that way and neither will now.

He disregards laws, and common practice, and respect for rights. His reign will be full of protest, and litagation and perhaps impeachment when it can be shown he is flouting law. Which he will since he has no respect for it.

Nor does he enforce the law in terms of his own family. His tax records are still hiding, no doubt hiding some secret he doesn't want known. His sons are NOT allowed to 'control' his business enterprizes, and work in the office too. He should be forced to SELL his properties as other presidents have. He does not think laws apply to him, but should be forced to submit.

And he and his twitter thumb make any dignity of the president a joke.

I do not think he'll make it more than one term as he's already fueling the train wreak.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:34 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually - there are more Dems like me that voted for Trump and are changing our party affiliation because of what Democrats have failed to do for the last 2 decades. Take care of every American - the democratic party has not helped the working man but provided handouts to those who don't. We are the ones sick of being forgotten.

And the millennial comment - the majority of millennials are independents. You haven't awakened them to anything - they decided not to vote because they didn't like either choice - but many are seeing the potential for job growth, not having to stay on mommy and daddy's insurance until they are 26 and the stock market rising as positive signs there is a future for them. They'll be backing Trump in 4 yrs. Also the college kids now - will get a taste of the real life after graduating and seeing how things are different when someone else isn't taking care of you - you grow up fast after graduating and having to assume responsibilities you never had - I'm sure Hillary and Sanders aren't going to look so good.
^^^^I've run out of rep so I can't rep the many good posts in this thread

There was a time when I was a staunch democrat. That was back when they truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the workforce, all due to illegals. And those dems would have done something, too --- and I don't mean amnesty. They never would have tolerated seeing H1-Bs displacing Americans either. Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed an unemployed Americans. It's amazing to me just how many liberals happily vote for this, too. I'm sure the dems of today are laughing themselves sick over how they pulled a fast one.

Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time, one could have expected much, much better from the dems.

The poster you quoted who made the remarks about the millennials is on my ignore list. However, I will point out that my daughter, who is a millennial, voted for Trump. Like me, she is proud of her vote

Old 01-29-2017, 03:42 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Tell me how much you care as you turn away starving refugees.

Spare us the fake caring about anything beyond your own skin.
How many "starving refugees" have you taken into your home? After all, you say you truly care about them so I'm sure that over the years you have taken in great numbers into your own home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies