Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 02:48 PM

15,972 posts, read 7,036,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Trump is keeping his campaign promises so far which is less than I can say about a lot of politicians

No matter what any politician does, there always will be some who aren't happy.
Did you know at what cost will those promises will be kept? Would it be worth the chaos? Did you know American tax payers will pay for the wall? Is that worth it to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,271 posts, read 4,215,852 times
Quote:
I am asking thinking, rational, good-hearted people who actually see what is going on.
That would be me. I don't blindly follow Trump but think that the media and left has blown things WAY out of proportion. They do it on purpose. Thinking and rational people understand what is going on and know that you can't turn the Titanic around on a dime. This is a refreshing 180 on liberal unsound policy that so many got used to as normal.

8,695 posts, read 11,086,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The only scary thing I see in America these days are the crazed intolerant leftist loonies resorting to violence, attacking innocent people, setting stuff on fire, doing what they can to make it miserable for the other 95% of America.
its the same urban cities & California who are Hillary worshippers. The loonies won't accept anything except their views and resort to vile acts. I live right by NYC and I see that with my own eyes.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:49 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Do you question why the list of countries banned has excluded Saudi Arabia that gave us 9/11? Pakistan where Osama was caught and killed? Or do you truly believe they just used Obama's list because, you know, they just admire him so much and follow all his instructions?

Yes, a little bit. Saudi and Pakistan should be on there too.

Do you worry cost of good will go up if the 20% tariff comes to pass?

Nope It doesn't work that way.

Do you worry what is happening to your health insurance if Obamacare is repealed?

No

Do you worry perhaps you made a mistake voting for Trump?

No But voting is a gamble. You cannot really put 100% confidence in the president.

Do you worry that he has no idea how to manage this governance thing and leaving it all to Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway and Kushner? Is that good enough?

No.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 PM

15,972 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I worry about all protestors going out and distrupt traffic here in NYC. If only job participation would be higher, people will be working instead of protesting about something that doesn't affect them.

People can protest and also do their job. what is happening right now affects all of us. YOU will be paying for that promise of a wall out of YOUR pocket. Did you know that when you voted?
That is why i am asking rational, thinking people because they would know this by now.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:51 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,086,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Did you know at what cost will those promises will be kept? Would it be worth the chaos? Did you know American tax payers will pay for the wall? Is that worth it to you?
How much did Iraq I and Iraq II cost us? Syria? Israel? The list goes on forever.... etc etc.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:51 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Trump is keeping his campaign promises so far which is less than I can say about a lot of politicians

No matter what any politician does, there always will be some who aren't happy.
all politicians

Old 01-30-2017, 02:52 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
That is why I am not asking you. I am asking those who are rational, and good-hearted, who see the America that they knew becoming like some other country.
Personal attack is neither rational nor good hearted.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:52 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Do you question why the list of countries banned has excluded Saudi Arabia that gave us 9/11?
Saudi Arabia gave you 9/11?

Old 01-30-2017, 02:55 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,745,428 times
Quote:
I know there many here who have no problem with the consequences of any of the acts that Trump has set off in the short time. They are just in heaven right now.

But at least some of you must be worried?
Do you question why the list of countries banned has excluded Saudi Arabia that gave us 9/11? Pakistan where Osama was caught and killed? Or do you truly believe they just used Obama's list because, you know, they just admire him so much and follow all his instructions?
Do you worry cost of good will go up if the 20% tariff comes to pass?
Do you worry what is happening to your health insurance if Obamacare is repealed?
Do you worry perhaps you made a mistake voting for Trump?
Do you worry that he has no idea how to manage this governance thing and leaving it all to Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway and Kushner? Is that good enough?

Where are those people?

That's a lot to worry about this early. So the answer is no.

I have things I hope will happen. One is that we will involve ourselves less in the wars in the middle east, including supplying weapons. Another is that I'd prefer there was less focus on building a wall (not that I don't think boarder security should be strengthened), but I'd like to see some of the focus put on making us less of a magnet for illegal immigration, by implementing nationwide e verify and punishing employers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies