Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 10:14 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Embryos and fetuses are not babies. 1/3 of all pregnancies end in spontaneous abortions in the first trimester. It looks like a blood splotch, a heavy period. It's sometimes so unnoticeable they don't even know it or go to the dr.

Abortions are legal up to the time it can live outside another human's body. It is at that point that it becomes a "baby."

Human beings, as you know, don't need to live inside someone else's body.

I believe that it is up to a woman to decide whether that is the best decision for her. She may choose to abort in those first weeks or months, or she may choose not to. It's her choice, since she has a right of privacy as to her body.

It is only legal for the first few months, unless she's in danger of dying or something, which happens rarely.

I am conflicted about that late term abortion, where the mother's life is not in danger, but the baby is going to die upon birth or soon after and is badly malformed (no brain or whatever). I am disturbed by the manner of it. Perhaps it could be performed another way. It's a sad no-win situation, whatever is done.

If the govt forces women to give birth to malformed babies, or to have unwanted babies, then the govt is responsible for the care of those babies. It can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for the birth and care of badly malformed babies who die soon after birth. The govt should pay for that. And the care for the unwanted children until the age of 18. Free care in orphanages and such. Taxes would have to be raised.

Apart from better lungs, what makes a fetus and a baby different?

Which your arguments was not also an argument used to justify the T-4 program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 10:18 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
In what way do they rant and rave about wanting control of their bodies that is different from men and other kind of women ? Please explain how they want govt to pay for everything else related to the Body. Like when pregnant or sick?
Oh come on. You can't be serious. You haven't seen these demands in the news? These leftist women want free abortions, free pregnancy care, free maternity leave, free child care, free mammograms, free birth control, and now free tampons.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:23 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
I could probably be talked into it but it just seems a little extreme. There are some worthy and redeemable Republicans.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:41 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
So why does the GOP have denying women abortions in their platform and why do they never voice their opposition to defunding programs that give women access to safe abortion? Are we supposed to read their innermost thoughts?
I dunno. That part of the Republican platform doesn't interest me very much. I know how I stand and I know that repealing Roe vs Wade will only mean that the issue will be decided by each state. And I think that's where it ought to be.

The big thing to me is not becoming a Democrat. I just don't like what they do, and really don't like their leadership (Pelosi, Schumer).

Old 02-01-2017, 08:54 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Mostly because they are religious.

And I know many ultra-conservatives that abortion is the ONLY issue they care about. Many of my conservative friends voted specifically for Donald Trump because he promised to put judges on the bench who were pro-life.
They are not ultra conservative. It is that just about every Democrat has pledged to fight to the death for the right to kill and to publicly fund the killing of babies up to the point that they take a breathe on their own. So when they do get involved be the "conservative" be just a libertarian taking away public funding or an actual brother in the fight in a head to head match the Republican normally wins against the Democrats.

Times as with the last election with the direction of the Supreme Court for the rest of their lives determining the issue they are more likely to get involved

Old 02-01-2017, 09:00 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
What do these people think will happen to these unwanted children?
It seems they want To provide no help for single mothers, no help for birth control, no help for abortions, and no help for children. They just want them to be poor and die.
And they wonder why those not of their kind call them lacking in compassion?
Yes, the compassionate thing to do is just kill the baby.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:03 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Mostly because they are religious.
The arguments against abortion have nothing to do with religion.

You don't have to be religious to think killing unborn children is wrong.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:04 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
OP wants dead babies.

Republicans want dead women.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Morning after pills should be dispensed like candy.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
OP wants dead babies.
Anti-abortionists want dead mothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies