Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 08:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
First of all, the word in your title should be "taught" not "teached".
I have to assume that you never attended one of these fine schools.
Not everyone's first language is English. Do you only put your grammar nazi hat on when you don't agree with their opinion?

Quote:
My daughter attended Berkeley and became one of the top attorneys for a well know national organization. She had offers from the top law firms in the country to start at 200K a year.

She never had a single problem with violence - and she still lives there.
After she went to law school, correct? How many decades ago?

Quote:
The smartest students in the world - from China, India, Pakistan and many other places - all dream of coming to University in America - at the very places you name.

During their stays at these "******* schools" many of them have started companies....maybe you have heard of some of them:
Google
Yahoo
Paypal
Cisco
Sun Microsystems
Instagram
StubHub
SnapChat
Apple (Steve Wozniak is a Berkeley Grad)
Intel
And this has what to do, exactly, with the issue at hand?

Quote:
But, ah, you are right. Send your kids to some bible thumping college and at least they will learn that the world is 8,000 years old.
The heck are you blathering about? If you don't want your kid to attend a well known liberal-whacko college in California, you should just send them to a bible thumping college? How do you go from A to Z like that?

Wait, I know...this is how you libs do: You can't handle criticism, so you go to a perverse extreme.

Quote:
These are funny threads. It's as if some people think this is China or Cambodia during the revolution and it's time to kill all the intellectuals. Yet those very same people are using the technology these *******s created - at this very moment. Chance are these "conservatives" will be saved by biotech and other wonders coming from those *******s.
What the heck are you talking about?

Quote:
My advice to the OP - you are missing Larry the Cable Guy. Go back to the tube which is at least a one-way street. Your subject is not worthy of debate.
Rude.

But, typical liberal attitude.

Can't handle an opposing opinion without denigrating, deflecting & demeaning. But still the FIRST to WHINE when someone looks at them sideways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 08:49 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
This is a lie, those companies are not started by people came from China, India, and Pakistan. However, there are Chinese, Indians, and Pakistani work there.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:00 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some of these left wing schools charge $65,000 or more per year to get information from left wing biased radicals with a left agenda.

Who wants to pay for that or being left for years with a study loan debt to get brainwashed.

Now additional the kids safety is in danger as we all could see how safe Berkeley and NYU are.
What left wing schools are you talking about.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:02 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,317,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some of these left wing schools charge $65,000 or more per year to get information from left wing biased radicals with a left agenda.

Who wants to pay for that or being left for years with a study loan debt to get brainwashed.

Now additional the kids safety is in danger as we all could see how safe Berkeley and NYU are.
Berkeley is a first rate school. They even have a College Republicans group there. I doubt they think they've been brainwashed.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:02 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Is the thread title a joke?
bentlebee has previously mentioned that he/she was raised in Europe. I have taken the liberty to assume that English was not his/her first language.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:16 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Not everyone's first language is English. Do you only put your grammar nazi hat on when you don't agree with their opinion?

After she went to law school, correct? How many decades ago?

And this has what to do, exactly, with the issue at hand?

The heck are you blathering about? If you don't want your kid to attend a well known liberal-whacko college in California, you should just send them to a bible thumping college? How do you go from A to Z like that?

Wait, I know...this is how you libs do: You can't handle criticism, so you go to a perverse extreme.

What the heck are you talking about?

Rude.

But, typical liberal attitude.

Can't handle an opposing opinion without denigrating, deflecting & demeaning. But still the FIRST to WHINE when someone looks at them sideways.
The OP, as evidenced by his usual posts, doesn't appear to be a stranger to English. That said, WTF went wrong with that title? One can only imagine. Grammar matters.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
The OP, as evidenced by his usual posts clearly isn't an ESL person. That said, WTF went wrong with that title? One can only imagine. Grammar matters.
No, the OP clearly IS an "ESL person".

Making sure you have all of your ducks in a row, before criticizing someone else, matters.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:

Making sure you have all of your ducks in a row, before criticizing someone else, matters.
I actually changed my post immediately to say ' a stranger to English', but clearly you were right on the case. Whatevs, medaigual.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:

?

Old 02-04-2017, 10:53 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
...and many on the left now use it as a pejorative against anyone who disagrees with them whether there is evidence that they are racist or believe in white supremacy or not.
Well, if anyone uses it against anyone simply for disagreeing then it depends on the disagreement and the evidence. As a blanket statement I agree that it is wrong. I don't like either extreme on the left or the right.

Back to the thread, I see some are claiming the OP is ESL. Could explain some but the thought process is just not all there so I stand by my previous statement - even if the OP is an immigrant and English is a 2nd language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies