Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 05:40 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Nice rant but, just like the other Trumpettes, you fail (or refuse) to even see what's going on here. It doesn't matter though because your hero is in a tailspin and he's bringing your whole party down with him. Most of us anti-Trumpists are sitting back and watching the whole thing go down. I especially enjoy when someone comes on here and posts the angry rants defending their savior like you just did. It's funny!

nothing is going down? lol .....free speech exist, the press is still operating 24/7.....you haven't lost 1 right since Trump took office.

so again, what is your hysteria and the left? have your life really change for the worse since Trump took office?.....you know they got drugs and treatment for hysteria.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:41 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
It amazes me how some people are more upset over Donald "being Donald" then with the media reporting false information!

Old 02-18-2017, 05:42 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
So, who's "suppressing" the free press? Nobody I know of. Asking for honesty isn't supressing ...is it? They are supposed to be honest. That's why they were given the freedom they enjoy. But what we have are propagandists.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
It's up to you to fact check?!? Are you kidding me?????? You want us to do the work for the journalists now?

That's a full time job right there. No the answer is stop listening to sources that are too lazy to validate their stories!
Fact checking is not you doing journalism...Its fact checking so that you can distinguish between the real journalism and the bull ****.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-18-2017 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 02-18-2017, 05:44 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,165,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
How do you expect to have a civil convo when you are basically calling people who voted for or support Trump stupid?

I could criticize lots about him, but mostly they aren't things that matter to me in the larger scheme of things.

He clearly isn't good when spouting off about things involving numerical details. But, I never expected he would be, because my assessment of him is that he is more of a big picture thinker and relies on others to fill in the details. That's a style. I am more interested in the substance of what his administration gets done.
Ok that's fair. Apologies for my demeaning tone. This all helps me understand your mindset more, so thank you for taking the time to explain how you see what he says.

That being said, when he tells a lie to twist a narrative (EG Muslims cheering on rooftops), there is no excuse to not denounce such a lie. Some statistics might seem insignificant, but they are actually quite important to how observers interpret a story. Additionally, by inflating or deflating numbers that seem unimportant, he can create a narrative that can be used what would otherwise be unacceptable actions. That's the fear anyway.

Quote:
Way early to make a judgement on that.
On what now? Sorry I got lost haha

Quote:
Your assumption that just because people distrust the media means that they trust or believe everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is true is silly. I'm sure those sorts are out there, just like there are those sorts on the other side.
Oh yeah of course. I don't doubt the left has its fair share of Hillarybots. I know one personally. The impression I get is that Trump's most ardent supporters are so willing to let a lot of his lies slide where other politicians would get more scrutiny. And his closest supporters, who follow this standard, seem abnormally large in number. But that's my perception, not fact.

Quote:
The situation with the media is one they have brought on themselves and existed long before Trump came along. Even the so called fact checkers spin their fact checking frequently.
Can I ask what it was they did that "brought this upon themselves?"

Quote:
And when fact checkers (I.E. Snopes) list their sources, there shouldn't be any complaints about "twisted fact checking." The fact sources are listed for you right there, you can dispute their interpretation!
Can I ask for some examples of a fact checking source twisting their results?

Quote:
Something is very wrong with the media when in the space of one week we have the NYT reporting a phony Twitter account from Flynn as real and using it to forment fears that there's another Watergate coming. Then on the heels of that, the AP is floating some cockamamie brainstorming thing about using the national guard to round up illegal aliens as if it were serious policy being planned. Do you think some of the biggest names in news shouldn't be held to a higher standard or are you just ok with this kind of sloppy slanted reporting?
The phony Twitter account thing was caught and called out. That's good. But yeah, there is something big going on with Flynn, I don't think that's hard to recognize. Comparisons to Watergate might be overblown but it certainly has that potential.

The national guard thing was stated as "rumors/leaks" in most (not CNN/MSNBC, I'm sure) news sources. As something that may be happening. I'll get back to you on this response once I do more in-depth looks.

And while it's absolutely fair to criticize bad reporting, and I encourage it, where is the criticism from your side towards reporting from extremely biased and unfounded sources like Breitbart and InfoWars on the right (I would add sites like ThinkProgress and OccupyDemocrats from the left to that list, but I'm sure they've gotten more than their share of criticism from across the aisle)? You yourself might not necessarily use these sites, but I've seen them posted on here before. Even if users and proponents of those are a minority, they really shouldn't be seen at all, or at least as often as they've been appearing.

I hope you understand-it's frustrating to see criticism of the standard media followed by enthusiastic absorption of highly biased sources with dubious and questionable reporting and fact-checking.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
how many newspapers, news channels, websites, blogs, forums, radio shows, reporters and magazines have been closed down or shut down since Trump took office?

ZERO!!!! but the left and their Trump hysteria is funny, I never seen such hysteria in my life.....the next Hitler.....ohh noooo this is dangerous!!!! LOL

Old 02-18-2017, 05:45 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Fact checking is no you doing journalism...Its fact checking so that you can distinguish between the real journalism and the bull ****. Sad that I had to explain that to you.
And it's sad that you liberals think BS is real journalism!

Old 02-18-2017, 05:46 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
^^^^^^^^this right here folks^^^^^^is exactly how demonization of the press takes hold and how Donald Dump and his swamp are catering to a base that has no concept of how dangerous this is...HOLY ****!!!''It's up to you to fact check buddy...you don't leave it up to a habitual fraud and liar to tell you what and whom to believe...
You didn't answer question.

Which media outlet has Trump shut down?

Old 02-18-2017, 05:46 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Why would conservatives want to silence a free press when the "progressives" and their far-Left allies make bigger fools of themselves with every passing moment???

You lost; you lost precisely because you alienated the people with enough commons sense to understand why your lies and fantasies won't and can't work. You can spew all you like, but the only people who are listening are those delusional enough, or naïve enough to swallow your swill. the rest of us have more meaningful things to do.

And I think most of us recognize why Trump's own fantasies won't work. It's the honest, working, beer-bar crowd who abandoned you, and no one can offer the "answer" a lot of them are looking for. And if Trump ever poses a serious threat to true Constitutional democracy, we'll stand against him just as firmly.

We just don't want do contaminate our ranks with the likes of you, and the rest of the hard-core dead weight. You can either wise up, or be prepared to stay on the sidelines and in the back benches -- permanently.
Exactly! And Trump is handling them just right. They deserve no respect, because they haven't earned it. They have no special standing; no special rights. They are free to print and say what they want. And Trump is free to criticize them. There is no right to immunity from criticism. Obama regularly criticized the so-called "right-wing" media, and nobody said anything. But this is Trump, so the standard is different.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
It amazes me how some people are more upset over Donald "being Donald" then with the media reporting false information!
I know right. lol.

Donald Trump acts like Donald Trump and people are hysterical.

The press......pillars of the press no less......tell them two big old whoppers in one week....never mind all the minor picayune spin and the left yawns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies