Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 09:03 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,244,554 times

Advertisements

Do at least 1% of Liberals know that there is a difference between President Trump challenging what the press is saying when they lie versus telling them they can't continue to make up their lies and print/say them?

Old 02-18-2017, 09:07 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Trump is trying to expose their agenda to the public. News outlets like CNN, MSNBC, are too biased and they have attacked everyone except Hillary who ran in 2016. They always twist Trump's words around and make him look like the bad guy.
Of course they are dishonest and lying bunch of Commies. The Liberals won't talk about the things like CNN giving Hillary the questions to their Debates, and the fact that she took them and said nothing. They woun't tlak about the Phoney Town Halls she set up with actors. The Trump hating Media is the Enemy of the American People, as Trump says, and will pay the Price. .

Old 02-18-2017, 09:08 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
The first thing a dictator does is take control of the communication and control the media. One could have the idea that someone powerful is buying up and trying to control the message. Some of these are false news. Our president has every right to call out those who are against what is lawful in our country. Our illegal alien enemies are marching in the streets and some of the news agencies are encouraging that. I call that treason. No one should be encouraging people to break the laws established through years of governing in our United States.

Demonstrating for what is right and lawful is one thing but demonstrating against law and order and against upholding our laws is another thing. Demonstrating by flying the flag of another country or other countries letting us know you are breaking our laws on purpose should be considered an act of treason and should be prosecuted as such. Illegals have been given too much understanding of their plight and are being encouraged to walk all over our citizens. They need to realize who they are and who we are and learn the difference. I have a right to be here. They don't.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:14 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The first thing a dictator does is take control of the communication and control the media. One could have the idea that someone powerful is buying up and trying to control the message. Some of these are false news. Our president has every right to call out those who are against what is lawful in our country. Our illegal alien enemies are marching in the streets and some of the news agencies are encouraging that. I call that treason. No one should be encouraging people to break the laws established through years of governing in our United States.

Demonstrating for what is right and lawful is one thing but demonstrating against law and order and against upholding our laws is another thing. Demonstrating by flying the flag of another country or other countries letting us know you are breaking our laws on purpose should be considered an act of treason and should be prosecuted as such. Illegals have been given too much understanding of their plight and are being encouraged to walk all over our citizens. They need to realize who they are and who we are and learn the difference. I have a right to be here. They don't.
Yup, sounds like the liberal media you are talking about. don't they contol most of it .. heading for a totalitarian media , but Trump put a stop to it. They want to run the country through the media.. ain't gonna happen!!

Old 02-18-2017, 09:16 PM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Free Press? Seriously? They are lying political hacks that write hit pieces the progressive moonbats want them
To write. McCain? He's an old fool that nobody wanted to be president nor gives a rats ass about him. He's a moonbat in conservative cloths.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,745,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Trump tweeted yesterday that CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, and others are "enemies of the American people". He absolutely has dictatorial tendencies.

Those are the corporate media or MSM. The press is much bigger...blogs, youtube, forums like this. I don't blame Trump for his criticisms. I look at MSM news and pretty much all I see is negative story after negative story after negative story about Trump. It's not hard to see that MSM is not reporting the news. They are putting out non stop Anti-Trump propaganda.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Very apropos that McCain spoke that TRUTH while in Munich, Germany

McCain - "We need to learn the lessons of history."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdmOe5UvRX4

Old 02-18-2017, 09:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Free Press? Seriously? They are lying political hacks that write hit pieces the progressive moonbats want them
To write. McCain? He's an old fool that nobody wanted to be president nor gives a rats ass about him. He's a moonbat in conservative cloths.
There are true journalists and thank goodness for them. To make such a ridiculous blanket statement must be because you are exposed to way too many blogs by right wing conspiracy theorists and paid shills. Without the free press and I mean the real press, we'd be really ****ed. Which other commercial enterprise is protected by the First Amendment? NONE!

Old 02-18-2017, 09:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

And that is why we have a constitution. It prevents extremists trying to force their will on others. And if what you write is how you truly feel and believe, it is to prevent someone with views like yours from following through and taking action to make it a reality. Were our forefathers not very smart indeed, they understood the danger of one group trying to silence another just because they disagreed. Thus they enshrined the publics right to protest even when it greatly offends you or me...

I am glad to know that we have strong courts to stop mr trump dead in his tracks when he tried to breach the constitution with his illegal Muslim ban.....

I am glad to know our courts will protect my right to denounce trump, my right to go out in the streets and tell the world that we will not bow down, we will not be silent.

And the thing is no matter how much you hate it , there is nothing you can do about it. We have law on our side.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Let it all out. You'll feel better. And don't worry, as much as you're going into "freakout-mode", Trump is not going to shutdown the media so you'll still be able to continue enjoying Peppermint Patty's show on MSNBC.
Oh dear. "Freak-out mode"? High school repartee much?

This level of profound discourse explains how this buffoon got elected in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies