Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:36 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Fake news, false claims. Thread reported.
Yes, shut down any uncomfortable discussion. Fortunately America is turning this cultural ship around.
But nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 05:39 AM

586 posts, read 831,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
But if what you all say is true, then why do these governments choose not to readily bring out reports on crime based on race/religion etc.? If they don't have anything to fear than they shouldn't worry about anything.
If you look it up, which you can using Google, you'll find that many European countries don't release nor have released such data. Not just in relation to crime but in any facet.

So one might also ask, what is gained by a Government choosing to release said data?

Old 02-20-2017, 05:44 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
There are govt reports and main stream media reports - and then there is the truth. Ariete will have us believe that Muslims immigrating to Sweden have been a driving force for crime going down in that country. That is the way the liberal left operates.
No. Sweden has taken per capita the most refugees in Europe in the last decade. If they are all criminals the crime stats should go up as well, no? But stats show that they haven't gone up. So the only conclusion must be that the vast majority migrants aren't criminals.

The theory that all migrants are evil Muslim jihadists who rape blonde women is a myth. It simply isn't true.

Finland took the 5th most migrants per capita in Europe in 2015 (more than Germany). And what happened?

Tilastokeskuksen ennakkotietojen mukaan poliisin, tullin ja rajavartiolaitoksen tietoon tuli vuoden 2015 aikana kaikkiaan 413 100 rikosta, mikä on 4 400 tapausta (1,1 prosenttia) vähemmän kuin vuotta aiemmin.

Reported crime fell by 1.1% compared to 2014.

https://www.stat.fi/til/rpk/2015/04/...ie_001_fi.html

Old 02-20-2017, 06:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Trump supporters using fake news??? Oh my!
What a surprise

Old 02-20-2017, 06:06 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
I rather doubt that things are as bleak in Sweden, et al, as some claim. We had some threads reporting how in London it was near riot condition due to refugees, Muslims, etc., yet when my wife and I spent a week in London just recently, all seemed normal (my first visit was in 1980, with a dozen or so since then).

Indeed, several times (while in the city around the tourist areas), I was pleased to see that school trips to visit these places were still the norm. Lots of English school children running about learning their history, with a fine percentage of darker-skinned children of various backgrounds and religious beliefs, all happily mingling together, for they have yet to learn that fear, suspicion and hatred will be expected of them when they attain adulthood (hopefully, they will resist the lesson).

On the Internet, sadly, you can readily find websites that will fulfill your preconceived beliefs. I am not saying that crime may not have increased in Sweden, Germany and other places, but I doubt it is to the level claimed by some.

I simply do not believe that people of different religious beliefs fit the stereotypes thrust upon them by so many. The "Jews" have long been targeted for various reasons. Indeed, when Hitler was rising to power, the Nazi newspapers regularly ran articles and cartoons depicting those of the Jewish faith as being prolific rapist and murderers, with the cartoons usually depicting Jewish men as appearing as hideous characters.

I guess that some believe that men that lived in Muslim countries were only prevented from engaging in rape, murder and mayhem due to the strict laws some of these Middle East countries have, and that once they escaped from their area, they escaped to Europe and the Scandinavian and decided to engage in such acts.

Such reasoning seems flawed. I have observed, from reading various histories, that people that are prone to acts of violence tend to like being in lawless areas. The wars afflicting Syria, Iraq and other places actually make it easy for such men to rape, murder, etc., with little fear of being caught or punished.

Things will also settle down in Europe once the wars are over. One must recall that at the end of WWII, during the period 1945 to 1955, witnessed literally millions of refugees scattered all over west and east Europe. It was a time of rampant rape and murder, for men that desired to engage in such were given a free hand, for most States were so ravaged by war that there was little law enforcement.

I would recommend reading: Savage Continent: Europe in the Aftermath of WWII, by Keith Lowe. If I recall correctly, the author cites some research that indicated that up to 90 percent of all women that had been displaced by the war were raped.

As you read the book, recall that the utter lawlessness afflicting Europe in this post-war period was not being caused by Muslims or Jews, but mainly by Christians (although I have no doubt that in some areas that had a significant Muslim population, like Serbia, they also were involved).

While most of the WWII refugees eventually returned to wherever they called home, a number fled Europe and moved to the United States. I maintain that it was the more peaceful that came here, for they desired a safe place to live and raise their families.

I also suspect that when Syria and Iraq finally settle back down (as it will, nothing lasts forever), you will have quite a few refugees also return 'home', for such is the nature of man.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:07 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Yes, shut down any uncomfortable discussion. Fortunately America is turning this cultural ship around.
But nice try.
Indeed. Just this weekend in Sweden.

Of course it won't be brought to you by the MSM.

HORROR IN SWEDEN=> Pick-Pocketing Migrant BEATS and SPITS On Young Mother with Children

Old 02-20-2017, 06:13 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. Just this weekend in Sweden.

Of course it won't be brought to you by the MSM.

HORROR IN SWEDEN=> Pick-Pocketing Migrant BEATS and SPITS On Young Mother with Children
That is over one year old. And who the hell knows what he was? Looks like a junkie to me.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:21 AM

57,320 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Trump supporter are trying way too hard to defend his comments. This is just setting up the climate of fear through hyperbole to justify his next xo.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:21 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,794,529 times
Yea but 100% of the terrorist attacks this past weekend in Sweden were done by 99% of terrorists.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:22 AM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
And those are just the ones reported. The pro-muslim governments try desperately to sweep this kind of thing under the rug.
I suppose when their independent press reports this stuff it's "fake news?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies