Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,329,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
100% fair of you to criticize, but the government isn't giving out statistics on refugees that commit crimes, the government won't give out any statistics based on race or religion or citizenship status -- but there is evidence that crime is soaring due to refugees and the far right responding to refugees.

Sweden is seen as Europe's most liberal nation, but violent crime is soaring | Daily Mail Online

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...rier=accessreg

Jews leave Swedish city after sharp rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes - Telegraph

Swedish police warn Stockholm's main train station is overrun by migrant gangs 'groping girls' | Daily Mail Online

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com...onths-of-2013/

Record increase in Swedish hate crimes

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...music-festival

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/27/w...at-mosque.html

The shocking rise of anti-refugee attacks in Sweden | Coffee House

Stockholm train station mob on rampage beating up refugee children | Daily Mail Online

Sweden: rise in violent crime cases | IceNews - Daily News

Sweden's Welfare State On its Knees As Tensions Rise After Asylum Centre Murder - Breitbart

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...refugee-centre

1 in 4 Swedish Women Will Be Raped as Sexual Assaults Increase 500% | Frontpage Mag

https://translate.google.com/transla...icka-br-dmogen

Refugees Will Cost Sweden $18.6 Billion This Year

Ung flicka antastad på badhus av flera män | Fria Tider

SWEDEN'S 'NO-GO ZONE' CRISIS: Police attacked by thugs in Stockholm | World | News | Express.co.uk

90-tal knarkande flyktingbarn skapar problem i Uppsala | Fria Tider

You Can Now Get a New Clitoris in Sweden

So, Sweden has the self-proclaimed world's first feminist government - that rips Trump a new one for his pathetic words, while turning a blind eye to the increase in rapes, decrease in rape convictions, increase in pregnant child brides, increase in clitoris mutilation, and increase in violence against women all within their own borders while wearing hijabs around Muslims...and that is modern day liberalism.
If you could use some less nationalist sources that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 08:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Yes, and I also know people are taking hoards of refugees from countries like Syria without knowing who's in that crowd.
I'm sure there is a magic dust Sweden sprinkles on all refugees to ensure only the good ones who want to forgo their former practices come into their country. Same with Germany.

Zainab Salbi: Why women are still being stoned to death - CNN.com

Right now in the countries refugees are coming from Islam has changed. The extremists are changing the rules and women are suffering because of it. It's horrible.
The extremists think you can freely rape a women if she is not a true Muslim. Well, not many women are "true" Muslims to these extremists.

While I think it's a good idea to get the innocent out of these places, I also don't have much doubt that rebels are getting through. I have little doubt that this will cause unwanted crime, and a few terror attacks like in Paris. I also have little doubt that integrating into a free non Muslim society will prove a challenge and there will be abuse.
I think the Swedish victims would rather it be addressed instead of ignored for reputation sake. There won't be an absence of violence like they claim from refugees. That's just ridiculous to believe. It's hard to integrate. Especially from those countries who's morals are a complete 180 from the countries they've been dropped into. I do hope over time the women of these groups find their voice and start a new.

I don't think it's a huge amount, I do think Trump exaggerates. But, I do find it amusing that news stations are now admitting the news story Trump referred to needed it's sources checked because, yes Mr. Trump, we are all fake news and need to be checked thoroughly. Including CNN and FOX. So, don't quote us. lol

It's so brilliant I'm now wondering if Trump did it on purpose. Hey, I'll quote a news story and see if they say it's fake news. lol
My grandfather murdered Russians in WWII. After the war he didn't murder anyone. Wonder why, maybe change of circumstances?

The migrants coming to Europe are thorougly screened. They are not out on the streets, but kept in old abandoned schools, prisons you name it. Only 40% of them actually get asylum.

No country in Europe wanted these refugees and migrants. They showed up on our door and we as moral human beings couldn't shoot them at the border either.

The terror attacks in Paris were done by people born in France. They were lowlife criminals and drug-addicts. They weren't religious, they just decided to become jihadists when brainwashed in prison.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-20-2017 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 02-20-2017, 10:17 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
My grandfather murdered Russians in WWII. After the war he didn't murder anyone. Wonder why, maybe change of circumstances?

The migrants coming to Europe are thorougly screened. They are not out on the streets, but kept in old abandoned schools, prisons you name it. Only 40% of them actually get asylum.

No country in Europe wanted these refugees and migrants. They showed up on our door and we as moral human beings couldn't shoot them at the border either.

The terror attacks in Paris were done by people born in France. They were lowlife criminals and drug-addicts. They weren't religious, they just decided to become jihadists when brainwashed in prison.
Born in France, but went to Syria and joined ISIS and used refugee routes to get back. ISIS set up a 'logistics hub' in the country in the Summer of 2015 at the peak of the migrant crisis, when jihadis slipped into Western Europe through Eastern Europe's Balkan routes. Paris attacks jihadis entered Europe through Hungary by pretending to be refugees | Daily Mail Online

The innocent refugee isn't the problem. The problem is the blind eye taken by officials to the danger these mass refugee policies pose.
Unless this is also all fake news. I'm sure you'll let me know.

Being a moral human being has nothing to do with it when your moral obligation doesn't lie with all people. The people killed in Paris also deserve your moral support. Your moral out pour to refugees left a hole for killers to pass through freely back and forth. They helped terrorist plan an attack that killed people. Lets be honest, your moral support is specific and it's to refugees. Your choice of course but there is always another side of that coin.

I don't by the moral bs personally. Instead of emotional rhetoric how about some logic. We can't vet these refugees because of the emotional out cry. Terrorism grows like cancer, and you are refusing treatment like some religious nut case because of your emotions. It's hard to tolerate seriously.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:21 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
If you could use some less nationalist sources that would be great.
There are links to NYT and Guardian which are not nationalist sources. Guardian article talks about coverup.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:22 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Uhm, you happen to know that Syria is in its 6th year of a brutal civil war?
Which is why it's on the list.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:24 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,277 times
Quote:

Europe took care of most of refugees. But US and Russia who are the reason behind everything happening in that regions got away I think.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:32 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,329,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
There are links to NYT and Guardian which are not nationalist sources. Guardian article talks about coverup.
Breitbart and Fria Tider are.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:37 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
The wheelchair rape apparently didn't happen. The prosecutor released the suspects because of total lack of evidence.
Really?
Wheelchair-bound woman is gang-raped by 6 refugees at Swedish asylum centre | Daily Mail Online

Rape is difficult to prove. That doesn't mean it didn't happen.

http://www.thelocal.se/20161007/poli...ed-rape-sweden

Old 02-20-2017, 10:40 AM

20,722 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I rather doubt that things are as bleak in Sweden, et al, as some claim. We had some threads reporting how in London it was near riot condition due to refugees, Muslims, etc., yet when my wife and I spent a week in London just recently, all seemed normal (my first visit was in 1980, with a dozen or so since then).

Indeed, several times (while in the city around the tourist areas), I was pleased to see that school trips to visit these places were still the norm. Lots of English school children running about learning their history, with a fine percentage of darker-skinned children of various backgrounds and religious beliefs, all happily mingling together, for they have yet to learn that fear, suspicion and hatred will be expected of them when they attain adulthood (hopefully, they will resist the lesson).

On the Internet, sadly, you can readily find websites that will fulfill your preconceived beliefs. I am not saying that crime may not have increased in Sweden, Germany and other places, but I doubt it is to the level claimed by some.

I simply do not believe that people of different religious beliefs fit the stereotypes thrust upon them by so many. The "Jews" have long been targeted for various reasons. Indeed, when Hitler was rising to power, the Nazi newspapers regularly ran articles and cartoons depicting those of the Jewish faith as being prolific rapist and murderers, with the cartoons usually depicting Jewish men as appearing as hideous characters.

I guess that some believe that men that lived in Muslim countries were only prevented from engaging in rape, murder and mayhem due to the strict laws some of these Middle East countries have, and that once they escaped from their area, they escaped to Europe and the Scandinavian and decided to engage in such acts.

Such reasoning seems flawed. I have observed, from reading various histories, that people that are prone to acts of violence tend to like being in lawless areas. The wars afflicting Syria, Iraq and other places actually make it easy for such men to rape, murder, etc., with little fear of being caught or punished.

Things will also settle down in Europe once the wars are over. One must recall that at the end of WWII, during the period 1945 to 1955, witnessed literally millions of refugees scattered all over west and east Europe. It was a time of rampant rape and murder, for men that desired to engage in such were given a free hand, for most States were so ravaged by war that there was little law enforcement.

I would recommend reading: Savage Continent: Europe in the Aftermath of WWII, by Keith Lowe. If I recall correctly, the author cites some research that indicated that up to 90 percent of all women that had been displaced by the war were raped.

As you read the book, recall that the utter lawlessness afflicting Europe in this post-war period was not being caused by Muslims or Jews, but mainly by Christians (although I have no doubt that in some areas that had a significant Muslim population, like Serbia, they also were involved).

While most of the WWII refugees eventually returned to wherever they called home, a number fled Europe and moved to the United States. I maintain that it was the more peaceful that came here, for they desired a safe place to live and raise their families.

I also suspect that when Syria and Iraq finally settle back down (as it will, nothing lasts forever), you will have quite a few refugees also return 'home', for such is the nature of man.

Oh yes indeed. Same thing with Chicago. Things are really quite calm in most areas. if one were to simply go downtown and take a boat tour from Navy Pier, none would be the wiser. They would have a nice little anecdote. That does not mean that in the troubled areas things have not deteriorated.

Again, what is the upside? I do live in a democratically elected government. That means that every time someone becomes a citizen , I lose political power over to them. I would in that case like to generally agree with those people. I certainly don't want to import some prohibitionists. I would also like to prevent a power struggle of two largely disparate groups such that it is not clear which side might prevail with force of arms. Instead of having a rising crime rate swept aside in those bad neighborhoods such that vacationers may have a nice holiday , it may descend into civil war. If you had gone to Damascus in the last decade I am sure you would have also seen little to worry about.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:50 AM

20,722 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:

That is how it works. The preachers daughter is often a very naughty girl. Her religion is a cultural inherence. The problem is typically the new converts who are the most zealous or those that see this material and have a revival. The most unstable individual in a Christian context is one who goes to a dance bar and then regrets it, and starts paging through the Gideon bible driven by their guilt. In Islam a lost sinner has a clear path to redemption, that of being a martry. That is how fundamentalism works. Its like a drug addict that goes to rehab which is a place entirely devoted to ending the addiction. A normal follower never has this devotion. Its the backslider or the zealot. A hedonistic Westerner who picks up Islam is by far the most dangerous profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies