Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 03:34 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't care if you consider yourself a Martian as long you don't initiate force on me.
That's my view too. Everyone needs to leave everyone else alone.

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I'm saying that without recent advances in medical technology, if you cut your **** off you have a 10/10 chance of dying.

It's hard to be transgender when you're dead. Wouldn't you say that to be true?
Do you know what an eunuch is and that there have been many for thousands of years? Chinese civil servants for centuries had to have that procedure done to get their positions. I'm not posting this in favor of transgenders or not but your statement is both false and has nothing to do with the subject at hand really.

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Just be careful, a liberal may accuse you of being a cultural bigot!
Interesting since you brought it up....

I've known liberals and conservatives a like that fall on either side of this issue. I generally believe that those that formulate arguments around the binary thought of genetic female vs genetic male are generally just ignorant in such manners... The only advice one can offer is to actually come out of your comfort zone and read many sources of information about the issues surrounding it....

Most will admit that their primary source of information is among a sounding hall of like minded uninformed.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:36 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Ok... and? Does this lead to a bigger discussion?

I've always maintained that it may very well be a mental disorder. My issue with that is that this is usually said as an insult. A lot of people have mental disorders and we should want to help them live comfortable and support that. If you have an issue with that, it's because you're an *******. Simple.
I agree with most of that. It shouldn't be used as an insult. But at that the same time, when someone hears voices, we don't encourage them do keep hearing them and expect everyone else to pretend they hear them too.

Last edited by War Beagle; 02-25-2017 at 04:17 PM..

Old 02-25-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This mental-disorder, transgenderism, is harming a lot of people.

The trendiness and encouragement is making it easier for some to buy into this nonsense.
This is nonsense.

Transgendered are among the most discriminated, shunned from society, and 10 times more likely to attempt suicide. I see no trend of straight people with transgendered friends starting to consider sex-reassignment surgery and dressing/living the opposite gender.

No one adopts that type of life out of being "trendy".

Now if you said bi-curious, gay curious, etc., I might entertain that thought.... some are simply curious... but transgendered? that's non-sense.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:43 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Interesting since you brought it up....

I've known liberals and conservatives a like that fall on either side of this issue. I generally believe that those that formulate arguments around the binary thought of genetic female vs genetic male are generally just ignorant in such manners... The only advice one can offer is to actually come out of your comfort zone and read many sources of information about the issues surrounding it....

Most will admit that their primary source of information is among a sounding hall of like minded uninformed.
Why would you offer that advice?

I take no position on whether or not the condition of being/feeling transgendered is caused by nature, nurture, mental illness or something else. There are many things about the human brain that we have yet to discover.

But, that is not even the point.

The point is that most of us will never have to deal with the issue either in our personal or professional lives. Why should this debate take up so much time on the national agenda. There are far more pressing matters for the nation to resolve.

I have never encountered a known transgendered person in my personal/social life despite living in 4 of the largest cities on the east coast.

In a career of over 30 years, I encountered 1 person claiming to be transgendered. The bathroom issue was easily resolved.

I doubt I will ever need to know anything about this issue for the rest of my life.

This is an issue for a miniscule portion of the population. They, their parents, schools and/or local govt officials should deal with it.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:47 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
You're still trapped on that superficial issue. How often does what you're referring to even happen? When are kids showing in public? Rarely. I don't know how it works everywhere, but there weren't even showers in lorckerrooms until I was in middle school, and no one ever really used them. And if they did, when would adults have access to them? You're talking about a problem that's less common that commonality of a person even being trans, yet you throw out the small number like it's so significant.
Its the left that pushes the "significance" of this practically non issue. What is the "bigger" significant issue you are endowed with? Quality of life? What do you propose for this "significant" problem?

Old 02-25-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Male can never be a biological female. A female can never be a biological male. Do they not teach biology in high school anymore as a mandatory course for graduation?

I believe that only happens in the case of hermaphrodites where there are both male and female sexual organs present. This is biological and not about feelings.
You need to research more.

There is a long list of medical reasons and it isn't isolated to just a few cases that lead to such sexuality identities such as intersex or sexuality ambiguity. It often leaves people to simply "guess" a baby's gender.

You can start with:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androg...ivity_syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_gonadal_dysgenesis

just a couple...

Old 02-25-2017, 03:49 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
The date on this story is June, '15

Funny I cannot remember any coverage in the MSN.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:51 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Actually yes. Look back in history, not just decades.
Actually no, mentally ill homosexuals have existed throughout history because the mentally ill have existed throughout history.

You do realize by the basic foundations of evolution that if homosexuality was a genetic trait, it would have been purged long before now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies