Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 06:54 AM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh really? Did I say Brazil? You think we get our guns from Brazil instead of the other way around? Brazil that great manufacturing giant of the south who obviously provides our guns somehow? What's the last manufacturer you heard of? Feijoida e Pato?
Brazil happens to be one of the top manufacturers in the world, and one of the top importers of guns to the US. I have three Brazilian handguns myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Wrong. It was for people on Medicare the are so mentally disabled that they require someone else to manage their affairs with social security for them. If you are on disability for schizophrenia or serious mental illness so serious that you can't manage your own affairs you don't need to be able to go buy a gun. ( It had nothing to do with financial assistance.)

No. "Someone else managing their social security" was an automatic trigger, but that does not automatically mean "on disability for schizophrenia or serious mental illness." It was the wrong trigger to use.

However, "someone else handling their Social Security" is a factor that government bureaucrats can see on a form without doing an actual investigation into whether it truly indicates someone "on disability for schizophrenia or serious mental illness," so it was latched on to. It's like the TSA being told to treat anyone with a beard as a terrorist.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,006,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No. "Someone else managing their social security" was an automatic trigger, but that does not automatically mean "on disability for schizophrenia or serious mental illness." It was the wrong trigger to use.
You can present all the facts you wish, the anti's will not be convinced. It's in their nature to ignore logic, and instead embrace their emotional opinion.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:00 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Saiga 12 gauge version of an AK?

I'll take one. Add a slidefire stock to it.
Launch 10 clays at once
Pull!
Nah, Saiga is too prone to jamming.

Not really the gun's fault.....12ga shells are just too dimensionally variable and subject to swelling with weather and temperature changes to feed reliably in a spring fed box magazine.

Give me a pump action any day.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Nah, Saiga is too prone to jamming.

Not really the gun's fault.....12ga shells are just too dimensionally variable and subject to swelling with weather and temperature changes to feed reliably in a spring fed box magazine.

Give me a pump action any day.
I don't shoot shotguns, so I hadn't realized the effect of weather on shotshells. But that sure sounds logical.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:00 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
They are absolutely lax. How else do you explain illegals guns used every day in crimes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Ummmm, ..................... how would stricter laws help that? They are criminals, laws be damned, and access to firearms is readily available through the black market. Laws only effect the people willing to obey them.
A well-stated point.

Only law-abiding people obey these so-called "gun control" laws... and they aren't the problem.

They are more properly called "victim disarmament laws". Why on Earth do we keep passing them?

Old 03-01-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
A well-stated point.

Only law-abiding people obey these so-called "gun control" laws... and they aren't the problem.

They are more properly called "victim disarmament laws". Why on Earth do we keep passing them?
Because it makes the anti's feel better and provides the illusion that they are "doing something" about "gun violence".

Old 03-01-2017, 11:12 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Because it makes the anti's feel better and provides the illusion that they are "doing something" about "gun violence".
We have dead people overflowing from "gun free zones" such as Ft. Hood, Florida nightclubs, San Bernardino office parties, Chicago streets etc.

And the anti-gun hysterics have their illusions that make them feel better.

May I suggest that the hysterics have been charging far too much for their illusions? Prices that other people have had to pay.

I submit that it's time for a change.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:41 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
For anyone who thinks it's okay for a social security bureaucrat to decide on a person's right to have a gun, what say we let an ICE agent determine whether someone gets deported? No need for them to get a trial first, right? Imagine the money and time we could save.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:22 PM

And if this particular issues gets the anti's in an uproar, I'm looking forward to seeing what this will do

Proposed Executive Order Designates Militia Rifles For Citizen Ownership
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies