Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 12:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Link: Chuck Schumer can’t identify one thing he could support in Trump’s speech « Hot Air

This is just mystifying to me. It's almost like the Democrats WANT to keep losing. Oh well, fine with me.
Sad but true.

The Dems are becoming a fringe party, and they are losing across the board (save CA, OR, WA, NY) and deservedly so. As long as they stay in their Identity Politics rut the bleeding will continue.

For being "the smartest people" they sure seem clueless to the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 12:27 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Link: Chuck Schumer can’t identify one thing he could support in Trump’s speech « Hot Air

This is just mystifying to me. It's almost like the Democrats WANT to keep losing. Oh well, fine with me.
Why should anyone praise a speech that has no basis in reality? That would be tantamount to agreeing with the speaker - praising him for something he has not - nor intends to do?

Maybe tRump should actually start saying only what he means and not what he thinks everyone wants to hear, while doing the opposite.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:30 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I agree with Schumer, what the Orange one says and does are 2 different things. He has yet to even come close to try and cross the aisle. He has literally given the middle finger to Democrats since being elected. It may have been a good speech, but actions speak louder than words.
Why should he reach across the aisle at all, when Democrats still haven't accepted the results of the election. Let's get that small item accomplished first -- then we'll talk.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:31 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,304,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Donald offered no real compromise and considering he is a minority POTUS. The majority of the public do NOT support Trump's stance on border control, they reject his Muslim ban etc. instead Trump announced VOICE a plan to further marginalize and to more clearly define an internal enemy for Trump to beat on. despots need someone to blame, and trump will need lots of people to blame as he has no plan that will really help those who voted for him. Well the under 150k crowd.

...until that kind of delusional thinking does not change you are going to run into the little wall called "real world" and losing elections.....there is not such things as "minority POTUS" actually the vast majority of Americans do support stricter border control and extra vetting from certain countries (keep calling it a "Muslim ban"??) and, finally, I can point to a lot of people even in very liberal Seattle that make are WELL OVER 150K, actually people that see 150K literally as a pocket change, that voted for Trump......get out of your echo chamber and the bubble world you live on.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:48 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
...until that kind of delusional thinking does not change you are going to run into the little wall called "real world" and losing elections.....there is not such things as "minority POTUS" actually the vast majority of Americans do support stricter border control and extra vetting from certain countries (keep calling it a "Muslim ban"??) and, finally, I can point to a lot of people even in very liberal Seattle that make are WELL OVER 150K, actually people that see 150K literally as a pocket change, that voted for Trump......get out of your echo chamber and the bubble world you live on.

1 YES Trump lost the popular vote , you need to stop lying to yourself and just get over it.

2 You need to spend more time parsing and less replying. Review my post you will find I said people earning UNDER 150k lose out. you should have been able to infer that people earning more gain. it was not complex.

3 71% voted Hillary in Seattle despite his bribes, under 22% voted for Trump. My world view in fact reflects REALITY in WA rather well. We mostly dislike Trump and disagree with his so called polices (so called because apart from attacking half the world we have yet to see real economic policies.)

I would love to see you explain what real economic polices Trump has managed to produce apart from the never ending stream of rhetoric. He has been telling us he has a plan for a year and nothing nothing nothing ever actually shows up. Where is the beef..?

Please tell me, or will you just pretend you didn't see the post.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Why should he reach across the aisle at all, when Democrats still haven't accepted the results of the election. Let's get that small item accomplished first -- then we'll talk.

Trump lost the popular vote, his first month has the worst public support in modern history.

let me repeat that little nugget for ya.

Trump's first month has had the worst level of public support in modern history. Do you understand that?

NO other president has had so many people believe he is not doing a good job so early in their term.

Trump is losing at a level no other POTUS has managed in the last 30 or 40 years. He is failing faster and harder than any POTUS.

now tell me again how we should be reaching out to him , when he has failed to make any attempt at all.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:08 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
First off, very little substance in So-called President's speech last night.

The one substantive thing noted was his intention to continue the Bannon-led campaign strategies, basically, 'All This Is Gonna Hurt You Way More Than It's Gonna Hurt Me'.

Of course So-called President has expanded his former campaign strategist's role. Mr. Bannon now functions as his 'alt-right hand man', (probable speech writer), White House ideologue, & dystopian visionary chief strategist. & of course Mr. Bannon wasn't the least bit coy in spelling out his new role as the Trump administration's principal 'architect' in his remarks at CPAC. Particularly when describing the central purposes of the Trump administration: "national security & sovereignty", "economic nationalism" (unsurprising considering campaign) & then slipped in the real doozy (although unsurprising as well considering his worldviews):

Bannon's main objective for the Trump administration is to be the means to jumpstart his "deconstruction of the administrative state".

Fr'instance, those who evidentce extreme dislike &/or disrespect &/or little or no knowledge re: a particular governmental agency were, in Mr. Bannon's words, "selected for a reason, and that is deconstruction." One can most likely think of more than a few folks Mr. Bannon appointed who fit this bill to a T.

The message last night in a nutshell? 'This Is Gonna Hurt You Way More Than It's Gonna Hurt Me'.

The American people are gonna be hurt way more than it's gonna hurt So-called President & his privatizing corporatist cronies.

Let's face it, the game's been rigged in their favor for more than 40 years. With a special thanks to folks like the loopy libertarian, business-worshipping, Ayn Rand disciple & follower standing directly behind him.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
1 YES Trump lost the popular vote , you need to stop lying to yourself and just get over it.
Ahahahah Get over it?? You mean the winning party "getting over it"?? LOL What part of "does not matter" you do not grasp?? By the way 2.8 mil votes, mostly all in California?? What is the percentage over the total voting tally?? Almost insignificant and neither won over 50%...stop deluding yourself Hillary "won" and Trump is a "minority" POTUS...the sooner you get that out of your head the sooner you will be capable of starting to think an actually viable path to win again.....the Dems are in disastrous shape....blaming the Republicans??

Quote:
I would love to see you explain what real economic polices Trump has managed to produce apart from the never ending stream of rhetoric. He has been telling us he has a plan for a year and nothing nothing nothing ever actually shows up. Where is the beef..?

I would love to remind you that 1) he has been in office only for a bit more than one month and 2) several companies already announced investment plans in the US or stopping to move factories and plants and some of these companies management specifically acknowledged Trump as a factor in these decision...this is the beef

Old 03-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Ahahahah Get over it?? You mean the winning party "getting over it"?? LOL What part of "does not matter" you do not grasp?? By the way 2.8 mil votes?? What is the percentage over the total voting tally?? Almost insignificant and neither won over 50%...stop deluding yourself Hillary "won" and Trump is a "minority" POTUS...the sooner you get that out of your head the sooner you will be capable of starting to think an actually viable path to win again.....the Dems are in disastrous shape....blaming the Republicans??

I would love to remind you that 1) he has been in office only for a bit more than one month and 2) several companies announced investment plans in the US or stopping to move factories and plants and some management specifically acknowledged Trump as a factor int these decision...this is the beef
I see you say the popular vote loss does not matter yet vigorously defend you assertion.....

And I asked for actual data, policy anything, not the tird old Intel plants announced repeatedly since 2014, nor the fake saving on F35s nor rest of the bs.

Here is the deal just Washington state will create over 125,000 NEW jobs over the next year. JUST OUR 7 million person state... Trump has announced almost nothing so far, he needs to move the dial in the hundreds of thousand to make any difference at all.

Where is the economic policy! I am really asking you, where is it. Pretending intel jobs are new is just bs, and even if they were it still means nothing. Trump said he would bring back jobs and we have yet to see how or when he plans to start doing this.

as it stands today most everyone in flyover states is worse off than they were on Jan 19th.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:23 PM

Some nice geographical maps for you Evilcart...

Hillary Archipelago

Trump Land

The republicans are ONE state legislature away from being able to push Constitutional amendments unopposed.....but keep electing Pelosi & Co and shouting Racist!! Bigots!! Womanizer!! I'm enjoying the show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies