Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 03:07 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
After reading several "fact checkers" after his speech, it's hard to know if there is any good. I'm shocked that his supporters would fall for what he said. I mean, I don't know these things myself, but when I read the fact checkers and they are so clearly laid out (the facts), it just leaves me shaking my head.
You voted for Obama, correct? Then you fell for everything he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 03:11 PM

9,726 posts, read 14,269,161 times
"Chuck Schumer (D) Can't Identify One Thing He Could Support in Trump's Speech"

Of course he can't! He's FURIOUS because they lost, BIGLY! He's still in a state of shock. Poor guy.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:14 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You voted for Obama, correct? Then you fell for everything he said.
I voted for him once, not twice.

This is not about voting and falling for things. This is about backing a president, yet being able to discern when he tells the truth or when he lies. Obama told lies, he didn't things I didn't like. I can admit that and I am not less of a person. Do you see the difference of what is being discussed here. I think you don't.

You are clearly afraid to admit the misstatements of Trump and using the not-so-clever trick here of throwing up Obama (or whoever) to deflect.

I have my answer here LOUD and CLEAR on this thread. Trump supporters either do not know truth at all or they are complicit in the lies. You can still support him, you know, but demonstrate that you have an analytical, thinking brain by understanding that he lies.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:49 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Chuck Schumer (D) Can't Identify One Thing He Could Support in Trump's Speech

So what?

Old 03-01-2017, 03:55 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Schummer has been around long enough to know that a politician rarely changes. Trump will continue to walk the walk that got him elected. The talking points may be a strategy to keep the attacks at bay since that is his weak point, he can't handle criticism and he gets off track trying to defend himself from every minor critique. Bannon needs Trump to stay focused if he is going deconstruct America.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:03 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Schummer has been around long enough to know that a politician rarely changes. Trump will continue to walk the walk that got him elected. The talking points may be a strategy to keep the attacks at bay since that is his weak point, he can't handle criticism and he gets off track trying to defend himself from every minor critique.Bannon needs Trump to stay focused if he is going deconstruct America.
The author of this article identifies Mr. Bannon as the "ideologue who informs Mr Trump’s impulses." Very interesting piece although it deals more with foreign policy implications:

What George Orwell would have made of Donald Trump
The energy of populist insurgents is about more than flat living standards

https://www.ft.com/content/cafee176-...e-68d53499ed71

(Nice political cartoon too!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies