Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 02:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,642,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He doesn't have to deny anything. It's all on record as to what was asked vs what was said.

WaPo edited the the actual congressional record to make it appear like he had lied.
where did you find that ? I don't see it. Looked at the washingtion post and they seem to be right on target.

WaPo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.0a3354dbe9b7

Asked by Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) how he would respond if there was evidence of contacts between Trump campaign members and Russian officials, Sessions said, “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

actual quote of question by Al franken to sessions.

In Context: What Jeff Sessions told Al Franken about meeting Russian officials | PolitiFact

"Now, again, I'm telling you this as it's coming out, so you know. But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Looks to me that the meaning was not changed at all and the Washington Post was simplifying for clarity exactly as they are supposed to do in order to make the story accessible

Old 03-02-2017, 02:39 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,932,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Wow, the criminal in chief.
Sheeesh, Seriously.

4,178 posts, read 2,651,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Franken asked Sessions what he would do if he found out ppl affiliated with the trump campaign were communicating with the russians. Sessions said he was not aware of any such activities and that he himself did not communicate with the russians.

I'm starting to see why Trump supporters have such a difficult time distinguishing truth from fiction if Franken's question and Session's answer is so hard to comprehend. Sessions lied, plain and simple.
I'm not a Trump/Sessions supporter, so don't lump me in that. Read my post, I even say that.

I watched the video. Sessions DIDN'T lie. If you went to court with that, Sessions would end up winning.

I don't even support Sessions at ALL. But, c'mon, stop being biased. This is on Franken, he didn't properly phrase the question. If he used slightly different wording, there might be a case here.

Like I said, I kinda wish Sessions would leave and be replaced, but this is a waste of time. Sorry but I'm not a blind sheep just following behind a narrative that's simply false. I want Sessions gone, but....he did nothing wrong here.

13,778 posts, read 9,670,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So let's prosecute both and a long list of others? I say we prosecute Lloyd Blankfein third. Then will probably come Hillary.

OK.

Right now, Sessions is up at bat and he has two strikes and no balls. All puns intended

8,387 posts, read 4,375,768 times
Jeff Sessions Recuses Himself From Russia Inquiry

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/u...democrats.html

"President Trump on Thursday expressed his support for Mr. Sessions and said he should not recuse himself from the investigation. "

Nice

Old 03-02-2017, 02:40 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,384,015 times
Can someone please fact check these sources to make sure they aren't fake?

Sessions announces recusal from Russia-related probes, denies misleading Congress | Fox News

Attorney General Jeff Sessions: I Will Recuse from Investigations of Donald Trump Campaign - Breitbart

Old 03-02-2017, 02:42 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Soooo. How did the Russians elect Trump? They suppose to through conversations with Trump people .What did they supposedly do to be involved in the election? Did they sent the gestapo to all the election sites? Did they pull the lever for me when I voted? What did the Russians do? Soo tell me.

13,240 posts, read 4,932,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
NO violation!
You mean here?

Quote:
Donald Trump paid the IRS a $2,500 penalty this year, an official at Trump's company said, after it was revealed that Trump's charitable foundation had violated tax laws by giving a political contribution to a campaign group connected to Florida's attorney general.

The improper donation, a $25,000 gift from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, was made in 2013. At the time, Attorney General Pam Bondi was considering whether to investigate fraud allegations against Trump University. She decided not to pursue the case. ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ec00a6a4eba7

No wonder some folks don't seem to mind if Russia meddles in US elections.

At the same, they are con-vinced that Mexico will be paying for a humongous wall & not the American people.

Last edited by ChiGeekGuest; 03-02-2017 at 02:51 PM..

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Boy, Sessions sounds like an old man, can't recall a thing and frankly
doesn't look like man that should be in charge of anything.
Hopefully he has great handlers.
LOL

"I can't recall."
"I can't recall."
"I can't recall."

I'm surprised he didn't plead the fifth!

Old 03-02-2017, 02:44 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,670,681 times
Jezzus, Louizezis, If They come straight from FOX and Breitbart, they just as well could have come from God's own lips as far as truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies