Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 02:05 AM

33,529 posts, read 37,130,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
In those other first-world nations with socialized medicine in order to make it work, besides paying higher taxes, aren't the doctors/nurses/etc. all government employees? I don't see that ever happening here.
In Canada doctors and nurses are not government employees...Doctors run private businesses, and nurses generally are employed by hospitals, clinics, doctors, or other private businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 03:02 AM

1,548 posts, read 912,764 times
I hope the world explodes.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Trump promised that his plan would be "better, cheaper, and cover everyone." I fully expect him and Congressional Republicans to live up to that promise. Republicans were elected on this Trump campaign plank, not the Ryan plank to eliminate the pre-existing condition clause and privatize Medicare. If this plan is not better, cheaper, and does not cover more people than Obamacare, then Trump and the Republicans will suffer. They better tread carefully and realize most of America does not share Paul Ryan's Ayn Rand dystopian views.
Basically the ACA will be repealed in name only,Trump will just rename it and claim he has rid the country of Obamacare.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:54 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
Single payer is the only plan that makes sense. Get rid of the middleman, cut out insurance companies TOTALLY. Talk to anyone on Medicare, they are happy with it; pretty much every doctor and hospital takes it. No worries if you move from one state to another. Medicare is already in place...just move everyone to it, adjust rates, raise thresholds on income subject to FICA. So simple.

It will never happen while Republicans control our government.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:58 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post

Can't wait for the rollout of this steaming pile of mish mash which is about to Make America Sick Again, if enacted, but like John Boehner I doubt it will be.
You'll be waiting a bit...... Don't we have to "pass it" to find out what's in it?.......Didn't we do that before....

Old 03-04-2017, 04:26 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,213,988 times
The lobbyists and Republican lackeys are huddled in secret meetings in the basement of the capitol working on their plan. Nothing will be known about it until it is passed late some weekend night. But, word is it will be called CellarCare.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:29 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,573 times
I like half baked ideas better than outright lies. Obama lied to us about what he was selling. Words like, you will keep your doctor and your plan and it will all be affordable. Mine went up hundreds of dollars every year and I lost both my doctor and my plan. I am open to ideas at this point.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:29 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,554 times
Trump is on tape promising healthcare for everyone which the government will pay for. Keep your doctor, keep your plan. Healthcare for everyone!! He said he doesn't care if it costs him votes or it's not popular!!

Anything less than this and I will bring this up to the trump supporters on this thread every. damn. day.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:30 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Good. I'm sick of picking up the tab for worthless leeches.
yeah it's all fun and games until something catastrophic happens to you, too.

i'm in my 30's, highly productive and have a great income. But if I lost my ability to work I'd be totally, totally screwed thanks to people with your mentality.

I really don't understand America sometimes. Lots of average people complaining about our non-existent safety net being too strong. I guess y'all think you're invincible.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:37 AM

27,130 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Now that the Donald has figured out that Health Care Legislation and the planned dismantling of Obamacare is really complicated (who knew) I can barely wait for what he and his repub knuckledraggers are going to come up with to "Repeal and Replace" a program that affects about 1/6 of the US economy.

I think that after seven years of huffing and puffing and passing phony bills to repeal Obamacare, that they knew would never pass and BO would veto, they are now the dog who has caught the car, but that's about it.

Essentially they have nothing but a bunch of half baked ideas that include a combination of tax credits, high risk pools, health savings accounts and wait for it - block grants to the States - a repub fav - to somehow all magically come together, to provide much better healthcare than the ACA, cover more people and my favorite - cost us less!

Can't wait for the rollout of this steaming pile of mish mash which is about to Make America Sick Again, if enacted, but like John Boehner I doubt it will be.

Support for the ACA bodes in credibility for your rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies