Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 04:33 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have never seen a more bizarre situation than what we have going on in the WH right now. If someone scripted a parody comedy show about the President, they could not write a better show than what is happening in real life today.

It has been one screw up after another, since Jan 20, and it is getting worse instead of better. How can any 70 year old man be so dumb, blind, and unstable to not realize what he is doing is not working ? If he would simply act like a mature human being for a change, he would eliminate 50% of the problems he is having, problems that HE alone is bringing on himself.

This is so out of control that it has to be coming to a head soon. The rest of the world must think America has lost it's mind, and I think they are right.
Sad that you are buying into the narrative that the anti-Trump media and Democrats want to sell you. You demonstrate this by saying it has been one screwup after another. In reality, the worst thing Trump has done was post twitter rants. In reality, he has been working hard to fullfill campaign promises. He is doing the job of the president.

Where there is smoke, there is fire, but this is manufactured smoke. Now there is so much bluster that if anyone on Trump's team has ever once in their lifetime spoke to a Russian then somehow this is wrong.

Cmon, what's more likely? The media (who was anti-Trump from the beginning and was embarassed and lost credibility when Trump won) is making false implications about a Russian conspiracy based on very little to no evidence or that Trump and his team worked secretly with the Russians to rig the election even though the vote would still ultimately be decided by the individual voter? Sorry folks, the Russians can't hack our minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 04:59 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Yeah....We've seen your political discourse, marches and riots led by crazies, ***** hats and 2x4's against free speech. Sure, nothing Un-American about that. Democrats from Sheriff's to Mayors to Judges to Governors and Senators refusing to do the jobs they were elected to do.

I'll take President Trump and his tweets any day over that. You may not like the message but it isn't fake news if it is straight from him.

Last edited by JanND; 03-06-2017 at 05:14 AM..

Old 03-06-2017, 05:18 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
He's an angry little man, ala Napoleon. But tRump's Waterloo will come much sooner.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:24 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Consistently stating blatant lies that can be disproven in seconds, with the goal to discredit others is bringing it on himself.

Making accusations (like Obama tapping) and not backing them up is bringing it on himself.

Criticizing Obama for his vacations, and their cost to the American people, then running to his country club in Florida every weekend, and maintaining his family at Trump Tower is bringing it on himself.

Saying he wants to create jobs, and then enacting job-killing policies (like trade wars) is bringing it on himself. Yes, I know, his followers don't understand enough to know what he's really doing to the economy.

Being fixated on Hillary and Obama, and then blaming everyone else for not recognizing HE won the election is bringing it on himself.

But....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
People illegally leaking classified information is Trump bringing it on himself?
...mostly, having so much illegal activity in his administration to BE leaked, is bringing it on himself. And by the way, leaks are not illegal. There are laws in place to PROTECT whistle-blowers. They've been there for a long, long time. This is because in America, we protect people who take the risk of calling out another when they are breaking the law. I understand Trump does not want this to happen, because he will lose if it does, but it's one of many (!) examples of how he is attacking all that makes America great.

I am glad to see that some (not all) of his supporters are finally starting to see the light, and he's slowly coming apart. I'm under no illusion, it will be bad for America when his Presidency fails. But it would be much worse if he continued for 4 (or God-forbid) 8 years. He's done a lot of damage already, but it looks like (yeah, we've all said this before), maybe America will claim itself back from this maniac, and return to greatness before it's too late.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:43 AM

35,682 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The article says Trump was pissed about Obama's spying, why would he be pissed.

typical WH chatter under the double doors--

WHADAYA MEAN oops something came out that was not supposed to???-- Don't tell me to forget about it!! NOW they world knows I was mad on Friday I had a beautiful speech- everybody loved it- it was bigly! All of you all go to where the sun don't shine- I am not letting any of ya rain on my parade- I need my ratings! NOT fair! I promise you this...you all going to be FIRED! Doesn't anyone love me? You are all my enemies- You said- had to be the black guy- he is ruining everything for me, the people LOVE me! I can shoot at them and they still will love me- Kelly- come sit by me- You said what on TV??? Go away! yea everybody loves me had to be him... so unfair and that darn media always up my tail--

yep he was--

Old 03-06-2017, 05:50 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
The constant press criticism is eating away at Trump. For 40 years, he'd make outrageous claims to the local press. The NY press ate it up...after all, the self-promoting buffoonery of a New York real estate mogul made good press. No harm in publishing whatever nonsense came out of his pie hole.

Now he can't get his head around the fact that every word, every action he takes is considered by all -- the press, the diplomatic world, serious citizens of the US -- literally. I don't think it's possible for him to adjust.

In every effective business, talent rises to the top. That's true in government, and in the media at the highest levels.

I've lived and worked in DC for most of my life. The reality is the DC powerful aren't necessarily the elected officials. It's the lifelong political pros, it's those who've devoted their lives to protecting America (the military and the intelligence community), and it's the national press who are the very best at what they do.

Pretty soon, they'll all begin to really ratchet it up on Trump. And the group he's surrounded himself with in the WH simply aren't up to matching wits with them. The most experienced and respected political pros wouldn't risk their reputations working for a Trump administration.

When they turn up the heat, he's toast. This isn't going to end well for Trump.
Thanks a lot for sharing your unique perspective. Most of us have opinions but no real knowledge of the way things really work in Washington. Much of this is common sense - case in point your comment about talent rising to the top. Trump wouldn't make it 5 minutes in the industry I work in. BSers get kicked to the curb pretty quickly. Even as a salesman (which is really his only "talent" if you want to call it that) he would not survive because customers don't like being flim-flammed.

I think you might be underestimating Trump though. He can cause a lot of damage on the way out, he's like a spoiled child in that regard. If he can't win he will try to destroy that which defies him.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:26 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You clearly do not know what you are talking about.
Its very true from the Senior Leadership of the Democratic Party to the Press. W only get a snap shot of theses important issues, however the self destruction of the DNC is underway!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:34 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Consistently stating blatant lies that can be disproven in seconds, with the goal to discredit others is bringing it on himself.

Making accusations (like Obama tapping) and not backing them up is bringing it on himself.

Criticizing Obama for his vacations, and their cost to the American people, then running to his country club in Florida every weekend, and maintaining his family at Trump Tower is bringing it on himself.

Saying he wants to create jobs, and then enacting job-killing policies (like trade wars) is bringing it on himself. Yes, I know, his followers don't understand enough to know what he's really doing to the economy.

Being fixated on Hillary and Obama, and then blaming everyone else for not recognizing HE won the election is bringing it on himself.

But....

...mostly, having so much illegal activity in his administration to BE leaked, is bringing it on himself. And by the way, leaks are not illegal. There are laws in place to PROTECT whistle-blowers. They've been there for a long, long time. This is because in America, we protect people who take the risk of calling out another when they are breaking the law. I understand Trump does not want this to happen, because he will lose if it does, but it's one of many (!) examples of how he is attacking all that makes America great.

I am glad to see that some (not all) of his supporters are finally starting to see the light, and he's slowly coming apart. I'm under no illusion, it will be bad for America when his Presidency fails. But it would be much worse if he continued for 4 (or God-forbid) 8 years. He's done a lot of damage already, but it looks like (yeah, we've all said this before), maybe America will claim itself back from this maniac, and return to greatness before it's too late.
This Morning Ex Bush A says Trump was wiretapped and the merky trail comes from the Obama Administration. Of course Clapper is saying their was no Russian Connection and Trump was not tapped. We are witness to a large scale cover up since Watergate and a continuation of power by the Dems.

As this plays out we will see the top Democratic Party Leaders fall in disgrace . There is just too many instances for this to be in one mans head!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Talking Inside Trump’s fury: The president rages at leaks, setbacks and accusations

The fake prez is more than a little bit frayed around the edges after the past few days.

Anyone who was paying attention could see it coming from a mile away.

Throughout his life, tRump has been "the one" in all his dealings. The richest guy in the room in negotiations. The boss of his empire. His word was law in his world. No one could question him and get away with it. His toadies constantly whispered in his ear, "Your the best. You're the smartest. You're always right." because that's how they kept their jobs and fat paychecks.

Now, he thinks he's America's boss.

It's a harsh wake-up call for a guy like him to realize that he isn't king and he isn't built to deal with that reality. The constant scrutiny and criticism are more than he can handle. So, he's deep in denial, lashing out with psychotic tweets and blaming everyone else for the horrible mess he's put himself in.

He's in a hole and just keeps digging.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:47 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
FBI Director Comey asks the Justice Department to Refute the Wiretapping claim, the Director he appointed. Is Trump still not believing the National Intelligence Agency's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies