Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 07:43 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
People illegally leaking classified information is Trump bringing it on himself?
There have alway been leaks in every administration.

It's his Tweets that are the worst. His own staff is in a constant state of panic trying to do damage control. They are expending way too much energy papering over the cracks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 07:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
He brings it on himself.

I think he really thought he could do this job with one hand tied behind his back, and without support from anyone except his adorers.

And someone needs to put a shock collar on him to break him of his tweeting habit.

We're all our own worst enemy, I've never seen such a blinding example as Trump.
Quote:
People illegally leaking classified information is Trump bringing it on himself?

Exactly right, no matter what the guy does, (good, great or indifferent) he is going to be slaughtered by the press. I'd be pissed if I found out I was either being wiretapped or data-tapped. One way or the other the previous administration operatives are going WFO on taking Trump out.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
I have never seen a more bizarre situation than what we have going on in the WH right now. If someone scripted a parody comedy show about the President, they could not write a better show than what is happening in real life today.

It has been one screw up after another, since Jan 20, and it is getting worse instead of better. How can any 70 year old man be so dumb, blind, and unstable to not realize what he is doing is not working ? If he would simply act like a mature human being for a change, he would eliminate 50% of the problems he is having, problems that HE alone is bringing on himself.

This is so out of control that it has to be coming to a head soon. The rest of the world must think America has lost it's mind, and I think they are right.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:49 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
If more of the people around him respected him more, maybe he wouldn't have so many leakers?

Leaks are on the people who do the leaking, and every president struggles with them. I'm just saying that yes, his personality does have an impact. And you can't blame it all on holdovers.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:49 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
. One way or the other the previous administration operatives are going WFO on taking Trump out.
Fake News ^^^

Conspiracy theory. Not smart.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:51 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,473,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have never seen a more bizarre situation than what we have going on in the WH right now. If someone scripted a parody comedy show about the President, they could not write a better show than what is happening in real life today.

It has been one screw up after another, since Jan 20, and it is getting worse instead of better. How can any 70 year old man be so dumb, blind, and unstable to not realize what he is doing is not working ? If he would simply act like a mature human being for a change, he would eliminate 50% of the problems he is having, problems that HE alone is bringing on himself.

This is so out of control that it has to be coming to a head soon. The rest of the world must think America has lost it's mind, and I think they are right.
my my my don, you're such a drama king, aren't you? I think you've been getting brainwashed from the over dramatic/one sided mainstream media.

Next will you take crying lessons from chuckey shummy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
I read this type of thing a lot and I really don't get it. Why are democrats, or liberals, or left-wingers, or people who don't agree with Trump, anti-American? Political discourse is THE cornerstone of this country. I think debate and questioning our leaders is the most American thing you can do. Disagree with those who have differing opinions all you want. But don't call them anti-Americans or against the USA. Most of the people who argue strongly on either side are passionate about the direction of our country, you just don't agree with the stance.

Frankly, you lose your argument the moment you make an "anti-American" statement. You're all bluster and no logic or facts.
oh, I think they are mostly whiny/unhinged more than anything. Like so much of the press, getting into drama mode, tin foil hat paranoid theories like russian changing the election, mlk statue disappearing from the WH, etc. And I can understand their inferiority complex based on this reality with the massive rejection they've faced for many years now:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...der-obama.html

"The Democratic Party suffered huge losses at every level during Obama’s West Wing tenure.

The grand total: a net loss of 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency."

Old 03-05-2017, 07:53 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,287,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Perhaps, but the Dims are anti America and Trump is countering the Opposition Party.
I read this type of thing a lot and I really don't get it. Why are democrats, or liberals, or left-wingers, or people who don't agree with Trump, anti-American? Political discourse is THE cornerstone of this country. I think debate and questioning our leaders is the most American thing you can do. Disagree with those who have differing opinions all you want. But don't call them anti-Americans or against the USA. Most of the people who argue strongly on either side are passionate about the direction of our country, whether or not you agree with the stance.

Frankly, you lose your argument the moment you make an "anti-American" statement. You're all bluster and no logic or facts.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:07 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
[quote=stevek64;47410412]my my my don, you're such a drama king, aren't you? I think you've been getting brainwashed from the over dramatic/one sided mainstream media.

Next will you take crying lessons from chuckey shummy?

Me thinks you protest a little too much, Stevie. As much as you try to minimize what is going on, I suspect you have two eyes and two ears. If anyone is drama queens, it is the Trump supporters on here. Every time Trump sneezes, you guys are "WOWING" all over the place, no matter what the issues might be.

We know he is failing, and YOU know he is failing. It would take someone with an IQ in the single digits to not acknowledge this 7 weeks has been fraught with one problem after another. There is one person to blame for that, and let me give you a hint............he has an orange face, bad hair, and the maturity of a 1st grader. (and it ain't Gary Busey)

Old 03-05-2017, 08:09 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
He needs to grow up. People don't have to like him OR agree with him, and when they doubt him they are doing what people do. People who can't find enough self respect inside themselves to not let others doubt or perceptions get them mad are their own worse enemy. He likes it when people cheer and clap. But when people express doubts and distrust, he's a five year old who didn't get his way. Just because your title reads 'president' doesn't mean you are, not if you can't act the part and be presidental in the face of the people who don't like you too.

And the tweets... If I was an employer, and I found someone who kept tweeting how people at work were mean, and everyone was out to get you, and even I, the one who put you there wasn't 'respecting' you properly, I'd fire you. Given that he doesn't seem to be able to put down the phone, and doesn't listen to anyone I am quite sure this is all going to end very badly for him.

Hopefully it will set an example of HOW a president is espected to behave. It STARTED when he stood in front of the memorial on the day of the inagural to have a press talk, a spot where the CIA has established as a memorial to its dead, not considered a good spot for photo ops.

As for the ACA, as one with a policy, skip your 'replacement' with 'tax credits' (how many people who have one will not have any help from 'tax credits'). Systems get better by running and fixing and it is unacceptable to dump thousands of people off their health care within a system which already established. REAL presindents don't disregard the needs of people who they were elected to serve on a politcal whim.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:09 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,473,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Me thinks you protest a little too much, Stevie. As much as you try to minimize what is going on, I suspect you have two eyes and two ears. If anyone is drama queens, it is the Trump supporters on here. Every time Trump sneezes, you guys are "WOWING" all over the place, no matter what the issues might be.

We know he is failing, and YOU know he is failing. It would take someone with an IQ in the single digits to not acknowledge this 7 weeks has been fraught with one problem after another. There is one person to blame for that, and let me give you a hint............he has an orange face, bad hair, and the maturity of a 1st grader. (and it ain't Gary Busey)
I minimize nothing, just deal in reality. And seeing how the last admin got away with so much:

IRS Focused On Tea Party And Conservative Groups According To Court Filings : NPR

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/tic...134204299.html

"The Justice Department spied extensively on Fox News reporter James Rosen in 2010, collecting his telephone records, tracking his movements in and out of the State Department and seizing two days of Rosen’s personal emails, the Washington Post reported on Monday."

Bill Clinton, AG Loretta Lynch meet on tarmac in Phoenix - CBS News

etc, etc, etc., the bar is set ultra high on what is prosecutable anymore so your hopes of catching trump in anything is less than zero.

As for "failing".....as I said earlier, enjoy the media/dem machine propoganda whine/hype machine if it makes you feel better but most rational/reasonable people will wait to judge someone based on the job one has done after years of being in office, not weeks or months. And of which he's done a bunch more things already than most presidents far into their term don't even get done though I understand his rollbacks of executive orders by the former admin and his own executive orders aren't your cup of tea, that doesn't mean it fits into the narrative that "he is failing".....translation.....he is doing everything so far that you are against.

Long way to go Don, at least 4 years, probably eight. Buckle up and take a chill pill.....it's all out of your control. You're party is very unpopular and has been for years now, getting more unpopular all the time and I know that's painful to many dem/left posters here but it's the hard reality:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...der-obama.html

"The Democratic Party suffered huge losses at every level during Obama’s West Wing tenure.

The grand total: a net loss of 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies