Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 06:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Maybe they will. I'm a Democrat and I pay huge taxes. I get no government benefits, I paid for my own college and I have a long line of military in my family. But I don't agree with Republicans and I find Trump repellent. The one thing I want to see is this country get so much Trump they develop PTSD at the sound of his name. Paul Ryan controlling all this is just funny, the guy that has been wanting to privatize Medicare and Social Security for years. I hope they get it all, everything they want, and seniors are left going "what happened?" Because seniors have been fine with younger voters paying two thirds of their health care, it will be poetic to see them gouged by their own party.
LOL PTSD? You mean like this Democrat

Old 03-06-2017, 06:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
As long as states can implement ten and twenty year bans for newcomers to benefit from their state based plans. The last thing I want is a single Republican entering my blue state and getting health care without contributing for a decade or two first. Don't worry, I have no interest whatsoever in ever living in a red state, they can make whatever rules they want, don't care.
Yes! Otherwise, there will be more of this going on:

Quote:
Over the past five years, Nevada's primary state psychiatric hospital has put hundreds of mentally ill patients on Greyhound buses and sent them to cities and towns across America.

Since July 2008, Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Hospital in Las Vegas has transported more than 1,500 patients to other cities via Greyhound bus, sending at least one person to every state in the continental United States, according to a Bee review of bus receipts kept by Nevada's mental health division.

About a third of those patients were dispatched to California, including more than 200 to Los Angeles County, about 70 to San Diego County and 19 to the city of Sacramento.

In recent years, as Nevada has slashed funding for mental health services, the number of mentally ill patients being bused out of southern Nevada has steadily risen, growing 66 percent from 2009 to 2012. During that same period, the hospital has dispersed those patients to an ever-increasing number of states.
Read more here: Nevada buses hundreds of mentally ill patients to cities around country | The Sacramento Bee

Old 03-06-2017, 06:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL PTSD? You mean like this Democrat
What does that post have to do with health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes! Otherwise, there will be more of this going on:

Read more here: Nevada buses hundreds of mentally ill patients to cities around country | The Sacramento Bee
That really shows how terrible health care is in this country. Putting mentally ill people on buses to other states? Barbaric.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:11 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
Agree, Vermont has tried it, or at least thought about it. Remember Romneycare in Massachusetts. California is on deck aren't they. Kind of remember Colorado having a referendum. States are the best incubators.

This is not healthcare reform, nor is/was Obamacare. Its about insurance primarily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
"Our legislation transfers power from Washington back to the states," said House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady, in a statement. "We dismantle Obamacare's damaging taxes and mandates so states can deliver quality affordable options."

As it should be. The States need to come up with their own systems of universal coverage, and leave the federal government out of it.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:14 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
Xanax will help. Sheesh, get a life already. Do you realize what all of this bile and venom does to your body? It is not good.
Quote:
As long as states can implement ten and twenty year bans for newcomers to benefit from their state based plans. The last thing I want is a single Republican entering my blue state and getting health care without contributing for a decade or two first. Don't worry, I have no interest whatsoever in ever living in a red state, they can make whatever rules they want, don't care.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
The reason no president has tried to deal with health care is because it is hard. Obamacare was never fully implemented because Republicans made it as difficult as they could. I do not expect Republicans to do anything but demonize Obamacare and I have read the posts from certain "so called" Democrats while they spout right wingery. Now, they can get what Trump gives them and they better love it because that's it. After seven years of demonizing Obamacare and ignoring how impossible Republicans made it, whatever Trump and Paul Ryan give them is it. I really hope states create their own plans as long as states can create decade long qualification periods for newcomers. My beautiful blue state should not be the answer for sick Republicans.

DO IT. Republicans are going to own this regardless, it doesn't matter how long they debate it, they will own it.

For someone that always talks about their investments, this shouldn't have been a problem. I don't get government health care or subsidies and I won't get them now.
Actually there were attempt to extend healthcare from Clinton, GW Bush up through Obama. The republicans had no interest in addressing national health care, even in 2010 they had no interest other than blocking any attempts. There is no rolling back the ACA and they definitely have a problem.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
This is a disaster in the making and nowhere close to a reform.... if passed, this is a effectively a noose around the Republicans neck. So long 2018 elections!

Waiting for the Trump supporters come out in droves to protest ....
Health care is not easy and the problem is, you only have one body. We offer public schooling but not health care? Stupid. I think a basic level of health care should be available to all. After seven years of screaming, Republicans have to deliver something and the ironic thing is we are paying for the health coverage of the people creating it. While they are calling assorted demographics "takers" we are paying for them. I expect the next four years to be as ugly and nasty as it gets and I want Republicans to cram as much right wingery through until the country can't stand it. They've been running on opposing health care for years so now, let them do what they want, no matter how many it hurts. And let them do the same to Medicare, it's the Republican way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Actually there were attempt to extend healthcare from Clinton, GW Bush up through Obama. The republicans had no interest in addressing national health care, even in 2010 they had no interest other than blocking any attempts. There is no rolling back the ACA and they definitely have a problem.
I completely agree and since I get no benefits either way, I will just watch it all and laugh at the GOP.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:18 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Agree, Vermont has tried it, or at least thought about it. Remember Romneycare in Massachusetts. California is on deck aren't they. Kind of remember Colorado having a referendum. States are the best incubators.

This is not healthcare reform, nor is/was Obamacare. Its about insurance primarily.
I would not assume that just because they were successful in Massachusetts that this will work in the poor states like Alabama and Kentucky,

Old 03-06-2017, 06:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Xanax will help. Sheesh, get a life already. Do you realize what all of this bile and venom does to your body? It is not good.
Will you need Xanax when Paul Ryan axes your Medicare?

Quote:
The basic idea is that Ryan would give the elderly a set amount of money to buy health insurance rather than Medicare's fee-for-service system where the government pays doctors and hospitals based on the services they provide.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/your...atize-medicare

Old 03-06-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would not assume that just because they were successful in Massachusetts that this will work in the poor states like Alabama and Kentucky,
And since they are Republican states, they will get to live the results of their vote. Perfect. Don't forget that the top five states on disability/Medicaid are West Virginia, Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky and Mississippi. Let them live the results of their vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies