Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 06:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I can live with whatever plays out. If I don't like it, I'll speak up. If you are talking premium support, that might actually work out well. Anyway, you presume way to much lady. Way too much.
There is no reason I should be helping to pay two thirds of Medicare coverage for seniors. They only contribute about a third of their costs. So Paul Ryan taking a machete to Medicare will make me laugh and laugh and laugh. Because seniors typically vote Republican! So good! They can't complain because he's their guy! Everything seniors have been complaining about Obamacare they blissfully ignore when they are the ones benefitting. Slash Paul Ryan, slash! This is so poetic.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:32 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It takes away the mandate but the tax credits will not cover a health insurance plan, maybe a catastrophic plan but certainly not the deductible. Lacking a mandate how do they cover pre-existing conditions and children up to 26, where is the funding coming from.
This is my question as well, several insurance companies have openly stated that they will not cover pre-existing conditions WITHOUT either the individual mandate or a taxpayer subsidy from Uncle Sam. Does Paul Ryan think they are going to do this out of the good of their hearts just because he asked? That's really naive.

I think they just want to pass a bill for the sake of passing a bill to appease the far right talk radio clowns like Levin, Ingraham, and Hannity. As usual, Americans will suffer for their zero compromise ideological crusades.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:33 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Will you need Xanax when Paul Ryan axes your Medicare?
He doesn't have the balls.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:33 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is my question as well, several insurance companies have openly stated that they will not cover pre-existing conditions WITHOUT either the individual mandate or a taxpayer subsidy from Uncle Sam. Does Paul Ryan think they are going to do this out of the good of their hearts just because he asked? That's really naive.

I think they just want to pass a bill for the sake of passing a bill to appease the far right talk radio clowns like Levin, Ingraham, and Hannity. As usual, Americans will suffer for their zero compromise ideological crusades.
No pre-existing conditions? Oh, this is just amazing. Get out the popcorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He doesn't have the balls.
Easy to do. Just tell people how much they put in, add some interest and tell them that's their health savings account. After they spend it, they are done. The End. Why should I pay two thirds of a person's Medicare benefits? These seniors have been protesting health coverage for years while blissfully getting health coverage themselves. Put everyone on the same playing field.

Thanks GOP for a really entertaining evening. Thanks GOP voters that are losing your health coverage. Your tears are delicious.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:34 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Good point, let the GOP and congress and step up and go under the new health plan that they are proposing and drop off the federal plan,
It needed to happen with Obamacare also but it didn't.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:34 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
This sounds exciting. Can someone post an example of the tax credit and how it would pay for part of your insurance premium?

Old 03-06-2017, 06:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
But if less people are insured, that will lead to more ER usage.
Exactly! What they don't seem to get is that someone is paying those bills for the ER.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:35 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,974,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That absolutely needs to happen. This feels a little like Christmas. I so look forward to watching Trump voters get to live their vote. Paul Ryan should do Medicare next! Put maximums on everything and privatize. Convert contributions into a health savings account and tell them when it's spent, they are on their own. This is all turning out so poetically.
I would LOVE to see all branches of the administration and government be mandated to get insurance under the same conditions as everyone else - but in this case, because the 'mandate' is now gone, I doubt that will happen any time soon - at least in the sense I think you mean. With more 'freedom' from tyranny often come other consequences .. doubt we can have it both ways.

However, just because a lot of us voted for Trump does not mean we LOVE all the GOP or members of Congress. Quite the contrary for most of us. The same idiots are still in Congress - and this health insurance bill will illustrate that all too well I am sure. I hope that Trump fights for everything he said he wanted in it - and that, if he doesn't get it, he vetoes if necessary and if possible. The Paul Ryans of the world were not MY choice - they are dirty as sin, as self-serving and as mired in corruption as most of the Dems.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:37 PM

14,929 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
It takes away the mandate but the tax credits will not cover a health insurance plan, maybe a catastrophic plan but certainly not the deductible. Lacking a mandate how do they cover pre-existing conditions and children up to 26, where is the funding coming from.
I don't see a problem with covering the children to 26, the insurance plan premiums can cover that-perhaps a rider, or increased premiums to cover the extra persons on the plan? Might also be that many of these young adults on their parents' plans are healthy and wouldn't use the insurance much.

As for the pre-existing condition coverage, one of the problems without a mandate would be when someone foregoes insurance until they are sick or injured and need it, and purchase the insurance then, expecting the insurance will cover the health costs for their condition. Some people might then drop the insurance when they're better, not have it when they are well, but they get sick again and reapply for the insurance, and with the pre-existing condition mandate the insurance company can't turn them down.

Other means can and have been taken, in the absence of a mandate, to prevent people from doing this. One is the "continuous coverage clause", in which an applicant's pre-existing condition will be covered if he/she can document previous uninterrupted healthcare coverage (insurance companies will provide a letter verifying this coverage). Or the insurance company can postpone the coverage of the specific pre-existing condition (but cover the applicant otherwise), for a period of time, from 6 months to one year, or something along that line.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:37 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,752,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Now every Republican can get or lose their health care because of Trump. I want the country to get so much right wingery it leaks out of their ears. Trump and Republicans own every result. They can Paul Ryan Medicare too, in fact, I look forward to seeing them do it. The look on senior's faces should be pretty funny. Anyway, Trump can dole out bandaids and call it a plan, in fact, he probably will.
I will not be loosing my healthcare plan and neither will my daughter. Thank you for the exaggeration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies