Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 05:34 AM

8,150 posts, read 12,898,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
First and foremost, you're including Social Security in "welfare". Secondly, I'm totally okay with 33% of our budget being used to care for the people of our nation. Where would YOU rather see that money go?
Where did I include social security in welfare? Where would I rather see that money go? You do realize we a BORROWING in order to meet our obligations? My response would be I would rather we didn't spend more than we took in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,470 posts, read 7,056,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Whaaaat????

You consider Social Security and Medicare to be welfare!?!?!?!

I guess President Bonkers will cut back on both then....and his supporters are OK with that??
President Bonker's supporters are nuts enough to think that all that money goes to "evil, poor brown people" and thus needs to be cut. But nobody had better touch their Social Security, Medicare, pensions, etc. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Meanwhile, can we talk about corporate welfare and the huge cost that places on society? Oh, of course not. Welfare is only evil when it helps the poor... right...

79,909 posts, read 44,400,217 times
Quote:
So you consider Social Security and Medicare to be WELFARE programs?????
I think you need to read more careful.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:36 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,461,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Yup. We should be no better than the rest of the animals.
Actually we're not as good as they are.

They, at least, are innocent.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:38 AM

8,150 posts, read 12,898,135 times
Quote:
Whaaaat????

You consider Social Security and Medicare to be welfare!?!?!?!

I guess President Bonkers will cut back on both then....and his supporters are OK with that??
So you didn't bother checking the facts before posting? Did you look at the link? Social security NOR medicare are included in that figure.

Look at health care spending last line Vendor payments (welfare). Next go to the line item "Welfare".

So the answer is no. I did not include any social security payments or medicare payments in that figure.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,461,611 times
We certainly should not have welfare if we're going to have a million people a year -- most of them poor and uneducated -- legally immigrating to this country.

Liberals want it both ways -- welfare plus massive immigration of poor people -- even when Americans can't find jobs and we can only pay for welfare by increasing our national $20 trillion debt.

Then, when you criticize that, you're accused of hating "poor brown people".

Old 03-07-2017, 05:42 AM

17,036 posts, read 12,658,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Darwin would recommend that.

Not because they're poor, but because they're not healthy.

It's true that healthy people need health care if they're run over by a bus.

But the bus company has insurance to pay for that, so it doesn't really count.

Allowing unhealthy people to live and reproduce is a big factor in raising overall health care costs.
Interesting. Consistent at least. Impressive.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:46 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,572,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Back in my pocket, re-united with it's rightful owner.
But instead, it's going into the pockets of billionaires and millionare business owners in the form of corporate tax cuts and massive tax cuts for billionaires. These are people that have 5 houses across the world and take private jets for travel. The money's going into their pocket, not yours.

Oh - billions will also go toward "the wall". We'll be paying for that wall for the next 30 years. Even though it won't stop illegals from entering the US.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:49 AM

23,366 posts, read 29,245,757 times
Pick your poison!

Throw them off welfare, they become homeless, and it costs the taxpayers, on a national average, $42,500 a year to have one homeless person on our streets.

They're forced to commit crimes to stay alive, and off to prison they go, and! Indirect and directs costs of incarceration: $40-50k a year!

Old 03-07-2017, 05:55 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,850,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
But instead, it's going into the pockets of billionaires and millionare business owners in the form of corporate tax cuts and massive tax cuts for billionaires. These are people that have 5 houses across the world and take private jets for travel. The money's going into their pocket, not yours.
How so?

45% of American households pay no federal tax. Are you saying 1/2 of the billionaires and millionare business owners are on average paying no federal tax?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies