Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:34 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,852,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Real definition to conservatives.

Welfare = everything that doesn't benefit me.
How about we vote to take what money you have and redistribute it to all the truly impoverished in third world countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 11:50 AM

18,563 posts, read 9,245,238 times
It's a shame that we are spending so much on the welfare of ordinary citizens.

That money should be given to the financial sector, like in 2008 & 2009.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:51 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,852,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's a shame that we are spending so much on the welfare of ordinary citizens.

That money should be given to the financial sector, like in 2008 & 2009.
How about we just don't TAKE it in the first place.

The entitlement of you people, to others money

Old 03-07-2017, 11:53 AM

18,563 posts, read 9,245,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
How about we just don't TAKE it in the first place.

The entitlement of you people, to others money
Who are "you people?"

Please elaborate.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:02 PM

13,637 posts, read 21,462,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We certainly should not have welfare if we're going to have a million people a year -- most of them poor and uneducated -- legally immigrating to this country.

Liberals want it both ways -- welfare plus massive immigration of poor people -- even when Americans can't find jobs and we can only pay for welfare by increasing our national $20 trillion debt.

Then, when you criticize that, you're accused of hating "poor brown people".
this post sums it up nicely.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:45 PM

42,823 posts, read 26,557,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I shared a link that spells it out clearly. How much more help do you need?
#1 the figure you threw out is "guesstimated" and doesn't match up with the data provided. #2 Unemployment Insurance and Worker's compensation are only considered welfare by the RWNJ editor of your source, Christopher Chantrill.

It's a garbage source where the author puts whatever numbers he wants into a list to prove a conclusion he reached based upon his own bias.

And I don't need any help, I was just checking to see if that was REALLY the source you were relying on.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:48 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,465,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
US Welfare Spending for 2017 - Charts

Currently we are spending 1.127 trillion dollars on welfare benefits. This consists of welfare and medicaid. That works out to a little over 3500 dollars for every man, woman and child in the U.S.

Can we continue to spend 1/3 of every tax dollar on welfare?

I am not against helping those in need but it seems as if we need a different approach to helping.
Same as England. Except of course they have a non profit healthcare for all system. I wish that was included in ours.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:57 PM

8,175 posts, read 12,916,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
#1 the figure you threw out is "guesstimated" and doesn't match up with the data provided. #2 Unemployment Insurance and Worker's compensation are only considered welfare by the RWNJ editor of your source, Christopher Chantrill.

It's a garbage source where the author puts whatever numbers he wants into a list to prove a conclusion he reached based upon his own bias.

And I don't need any help, I was just checking to see if that was REALLY the source you were relying on.
It does in fact match up with the data provided. Unless you have another source we can assume you just don't like facts. If you deduct unemployment and workers compensation from the total we are still at a little over 1 trillion dollars spent on welfare.

Put up or shut up. Please cite a source that disputes the numbers.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:02 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,292,053 times
Cut off welfare.

Hunger is a great motivator.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:04 PM

15,953 posts, read 12,375,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
How about we vote to take what money you have and redistribute it to all the truly impoverished in third world countries.

no thanks. you don't just feed people who spend their lives eating and breeding. They need education and their cultures need modernization first otherwise you're just adding fuel to the fire and creating more useless eaters to feed in 20 years.

At some point compassion needs to come to an end and the realization that nature is cruel needs to be applied.. half the population can't sit in section 8 housing with 5 kids collecting perpetual welfare.. they need to be punished for their life decisions and take responsibility for their actions.

It's amusing that people on the left who good money look down upon minimum wage workers yet they think nothing of supporting the perpetual welfare state that some people remain in. As a moderate, conservative leaning person I think that people who work the hardest, most crappy jobs should make more money, even if they're low skill. Working a fast food place sucks... they should make $15/hour and be commended for at least working.. a lot of people claim anxiety, pump out kids, and never work a day in their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies