Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How do you destroy an ideology? You can kill people, you can kill the leaders, but more will take up the banner and fight on.
Us, as foreigners, cannot do it, but when other muslims turn on groups like ISIS, it sends a much more powerful statement, that their ideology is rejected even by their own people. This is why ISIS was hoping for US to send in ground troops, because that would have made the war into a Islam against the West 'holy war'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 09:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are aimed at the same target this time.
No, they are not. The Russians are concerned about the anti-Assad people.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,244,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Us, as foreigners, cannot do it, but when other muslims turn on groups like ISIS, it sends a much more powerful statement, that their ideology is rejected even by their own people. This is why ISIS was hoping for US to send in ground troops, because that would have made the war into a Islam against the West 'holy war'.
Exactly! We can send in as many big guns as we have, but that will not destroy ISIS only the people there can fix this problem. Like any ideology it will take time and changing the way people think to eradicate it.

We should have never been over there meddling in the first place, and now we have another President continuing the failed policies of the one before him.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:43 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,733,619 times
Support more of accepting children/women refugees from Syria. Saudia Arabia and surrounding nations start to become involved detaining any fleeing ISIS terrotist and be sent to trial with the ICJ. Clandestine and targeted bombings collaborated with many nations. IN Security forces and US forces train men to fight back for their country. Red Cross provides international aid and various nations provide health assistance. Multi nations work towards creating a Syrian government that supports democracy.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:47 AM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Exactly! We can send in as many big guns as we have, but that will not destroy ISIS only the people there can fix this problem. Like any ideology it will take time and changing the way people think to eradicate it.

We should have never been over there meddling in the first place, and now we have another President continuing the failed policies of the one before him.
In all fairness, Ron Paul might be the only one who had a good foreign policy.

You had to choose between Hillary and Trump. Trump at least won't fight two wars at the same time. I really hope he let the Russians handling it.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,244,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, Ron Paul might be the only one who had a good foreign policy.

You had to choose between Hillary and Trump. Trump at least won't fight two wars at the same time. I really hope he let the Russians handling it.
No, Trump SAYS he won't fight two wars at the same time, but then again Trump has SAID a lot of things that he then changed his mind (or lied) about.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:50 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,663,931 times
I have to wonder just who the "allied forces" are we are supporting here. These convoluted and mixed up conflicts like Syria I would prefer to not see our people having to be in harms way with. If we just HAVE to support whatever "Ally" here the Navy could handle such support from offshore. With missiles and aircraft. Having toput in a forward deployed artillery unit, within rocket range of hostile forces, seems odd tome. But hey, I'm not on the joint chiefs. Mores the pity....

Old 03-09-2017, 09:51 AM

7,191 posts, read 4,780,784 times
Quote:
In all fairness, the Artillery guys are there. Better than special forces, special forces are not Captain America. I have had so many friends with force recons, many of them didn't make it.

Artillery guys might do some real damages. I wonder if the India Battery 3/12 is there. These are some legendary war fighters.

Artillery is a class of large military weapons built to fire munitions far beyond the range and power of infantry's small arms
My father fought in Korea, my uncle in Vietnam, my spouse & I in Desert Shield/Storm and my son in Iraq. I know what artillery is. My father was almost killed by a Chinese artillery shell.

Artillery fire is nothing new. Does anybody here think that it hasn't been used before in Syria? Please.

Last edited by EDnurse; 03-09-2017 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-09-2017, 09:53 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,520,826 times
Quote:
well, I'd rather deal with now because it is the Marines who have to die.
They don't have to, we can bring the,m all home, Syria will remain a cesspool whether Marines die or not, NOT our problem to attempt fixing.

Quote:
Between Hillary and Trump, I think Trump is less of a hawk. plus, he is not going to fight two wars at the same time. Both (Hillary and Trump) will have to deal with ISIS (well, this is the reality, I don't like it, but I know this is the reality)
But why can't those most threatened by ISIS defeat them? How is it ISIS has better forces than entire nations with trained forces?

Quote:
So it is better sending in the Artillery guys.
Since artillery is only useful if you have identified targets, if we simply MUST be involved, I'd prefer we send in the Air Force, less likelihood of more young men and women coming home the wrong way.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:54 AM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
My father fought in Korea, my uncle in Vietnam, my spouse & I in Desert Shield/Storm and my son in Iraq. I know what artillery is. My father was almost killed by a Chinese artillery shell.

Artillery fire is nothing new. Does anybody here think that it hasn't been used before in Syria? Please.
I was not trying to tell you what artillery means. Just making a point, that is all. I know you and your spouse are veterans, you have said it often.

Like I said, if Marines have to be sent, it is better to send in the artillery than special forces.

Never said artillery fire is anything new. Just saying it is BETTER to send in the artillery guys than the special forces.

Come on, you know the American politicians must defeat ISIS, Trump or Hillary, no difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies