Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 04:45 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
sorry mate don't think you and 10,000 like you shifts the dial at all. Any confidence gain you feel is offset by the other half of the country that lost confidence and are retrenching ....
Consumer confidence levels have been at record highs for months and I believe that will continue at least for the foreseeable future.

Just by going off economic data, Obama did pretty good in the last 8 years, and I think under Trump that will continue. If Trump can fix the healthcare costs problem, it will be another great 4-8 years. I realize that's a rare perspective here on CD. I didn't vote for either, but I don't believe either will destroy this country. We're doing pretty good right now.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:50 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Obama absolutely decimated the middle class, the only jobs that were created were minimum wage jobs, thats why food stamps and welfare are at an all time high.
Oh my, all jobs created under Obama were minimum wage

Someone's been reading Breitbart

Old 03-10-2017, 04:55 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The vast majority of the new jobs are private sector jobs which is what Trump is helping to make a come back through many of his exec orders vs Obama that jacked up private sector jobs by imposing infinite regulations on small businesses. There is the difference. Obama could have done the same thing but it didn't fit his left wing agenda.
It's premature to attribute this to Trump. His measures haven't kicked in yet.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Record number of Americans employed.....

Me smells alternate facts echoing from Spicys "gaggle".
LOL - He said the unemployment rate is over 25% just last February. Wow! He must be a magician, a god, a miracle worker. He also said "any new jobs are bad jobs...."

"Phony numbers put up by politicians..."

[youtube]uV8W6S0OJJU[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV8W6S0OJJU[/url]

Old 03-10-2017, 05:00 PM

678 posts, read 438,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
sorry mate don't think you and 10,000 like you shifts the dial at all.
Any confidence gain you feel is offset by the other half of the country that lost confidence and are retrenching ...
Hallo ! - he "other half of the country" is
not (the lie of '10,000'); - but in fact nearly 200 Million citizens, AND
then your personal attacks of
"construction. lets just say you must have never pulled a permit in your life ... "

But you call yourself "evilcart" <- appropriate.

Frankly, you have No clue what people in this discussion actually have done. Because you don't know anybody.
Aside which, this is a "Good news" discussion.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:05 PM

678 posts, read 438,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Regardless of all the other noise, I'm pretty stoked. The business community has much more energy than it used to. Illegal immigration is down, stocks are high, companies are starting to hedge their bets on staying and expanding in the US. If we drop our corporate tax rate, we might actually even be competitive.
Thank you for your rational comments.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 rainbows View Post
Hallo ! - he "other half of the country" is
not (the lie of '10,000'); - but in fact nearly 200 Million citizens, AND
then your personal attacks of
"construction. lets just say you must have never pulled a permit in your life ... "

But you call yourself "evilcart" <- appropriate.

Frankly, you have No clue what people in this discussion actually have done. Because you don't know anybody.
Aside which, this is a "Good news" discussion.
Half of 325 million is 200 million? You definitely are a Trump supporter. LOL I assume you're talking about the population of United States. That number includes infants, the elderly, people in prison, patients in a coma, etc.

Trump got 46.1% out of 136.6 million votes or 62.9 million. The math is pretty simple. (and there's also Google)

Also, according to [URL="https://www.statista.com/statistics/192356/number-of-full-time-employees-in-the-usa-since-1990/"]statistics,[/URL] there are approximately 124 million people currently working full time in this country. Look at the increase in employment in the chart.

I don't pay much attention to statistics, but they're a general guide to determine in which direction the country is moving. It is moving forward, which is good, but Trump cannot take most of the credit.

By the way, I have videos in which Trump claims that the unemployment rate is as high as 35% just months before the election. No matter what you think or feel, nobody can claim that a report is fake one day and then claim that same report is reliable when he likes it. Life doesn't work that way.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:14 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Things are getting better with Trump in the White House.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Things are getting better with Trump in the White House.
I would agree with you, but when he screws up, the response is always "but he's new at this" so he cannot be held responsible for any mistakes. Which is it? Do we only assign blame to Obama and praise to Trump?

I'm a very reasonable person. Yes, stocks are strong, the job market looks promising and right now the economy looks as if it is moving forward. But Trump only been in office for a very short time, so let's see how things develop. The last president lifted our country out of a recession, a housing crisis and, when he left office, gas prices were the lowest I've seen in many years. The stock market had nearly tripled in 8 years. Was Obama responsible for those things? Oil prices have nothing to do with who is in office, but I'm sure if we suddenly start paying $1.50 for gas, Trump will take all the credit.

Most of the time the POTUS has little to do with any of these numbers. However, you either accept the fact that Obama created 14 million jobs and tripled the stock market or you don't If you don't, that's fine, but you also need to agree that Trump's figures are probably skewed and improvements in the economy have little to do with his presidency.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:36 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
time dearies- give it time---
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies