Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
LOL - He said the unemployment rate is over 25% just last February. Wow! He must be a magician, a god, a miracle worker. He also said "any new jobs are bad jobs...."

"Phony numbers put up by politicians..."
Putin/Trump brought the unemployment down from 25% to 4.7% in one month, and they are all good jobs. Hail Putin/Trump.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:48 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Obama did a good job of spurring job growth, so Trump is getting off to an easy start in that regard. We'll see how he does on his own, after he's been in office a year or two. Right now, he's coasting on Obama's legacy.
Not likely we'll see that. It's a moot point, talking about Trump in office in two years or even one.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:03 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Throughout his entire campaign, Donald Trump called these reports "a joke" and "phony." I can go back and quote numerous posts by people on this forum each time a positive report about job growth was released during the Obama administration. They said they were fake and wouldn't give any of the credit to Obama.

Trump supporters cannot have it both ways.
Oh yes you can because those reports told us a story about how the job market was already saturated and we were at full employment levels. Trump called that a "joke" and said he would prove them wrong which is what he is doing. You can't have it both ways either. If the jobs numbers showed we were at full employment level, then who are those people that took the 230,000 new jobs?

Old 03-10-2017, 06:04 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 rainbows View Post
Hallo ! - he "other half of the country" is
not (the lie of '10,000'); - but in fact nearly 200 Million citizens, AND
then your personal attacks of
"construction. lets just say you must have never pulled a permit in your life ... "

But you call yourself "evilcart" <- appropriate.

Frankly, you have No clue what people in this discussion actually have done. Because you don't know anybody.
Aside which, this is a "Good news" discussion.

If you want "good news" threads I suggest you find some alt right site that will facilitate you. Here I am free to rebut lies, misinformation , half truths etc. and the claims that construction employment are related to trump is just noise, just pulling permits and getting plans accepted takes a hell of a lot longer than a couple of months.

here is a chart for you. take the time to read it and you will see the current jobs report is directly inline and has nothing at all to do with trump. You know it, I know it and anyone who can read can figure it out in minutes.
jobs chart over the last few years... feb comes in mid to high 200 each time.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/b...bs-report.html

Old 03-10-2017, 06:06 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
If you want "good news" threads I suggest you find some alt right site that will facilitate you. Here I am free to rebut lies, misinformation , half truths etc. and the claims that construction employment are related to trump is just noise, just pulling permits and getting plans accepted takes a hell of a lot longer than a couple of months.

here is a chart for you. take the time to read it and you will see the current jobs report is directly inline and has nothing at all to do with trump. You know it, I know it and anyone who can read can figure it out in minutes.
jobs chart over the last few years... feb comes in mid to high 200 each time.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/b...bs-report.html
We were not labeled at full employment level in previous years like we are now. Try again.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:09 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Oh yes you can because those reports told us a story about how the job market was already saturated and we were at full employment levels. Trump called that a "joke" and said he would prove them wrong which is what he is doing. You can't have it both ways either. If the jobs numbers showed we were at full employment level, then who are those people that took the 230,000 new jobs?
good grief. every month create new jobs the last 8 years averaged 190k and the last few febs were mid to high 200k

please do a little research a single google would have told this. Don't just swallow what they spoon fed you, examine it.

the slightest effort shows you the whole "trump jobs hurrah" is BS. not only is it far too soon for trump to take credit (or fault) the numbers are normal .
so really what are you guys bragging about?

really, I find it stunning how trumpers will simple open wide and swallow what ever trump is selling .

so 2015 290k
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/arc...t_03062015.pdf
(higher than trump but who cares because they are inline)

2016 245K
https://www.bls.gov/ces/highlights022016.pdf
(again higher than trump but who cares because this is normal)

Old 03-10-2017, 06:17 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Oh my, all jobs created under Obama were minimum wage

Someone's been reading Breitbart
Well, I'm surprised that you read Breitbart You must read it as you seem to know what has been written there. I don't usually look at Breitbart so I'll take your word as to what you've seen there when you regularly read it

Oh...And I'm sure you've seen this, too:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...to-immigrants/

And this, too:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/b...ones.html?_r=0

Old 03-10-2017, 06:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Like a BOSS!

Old 03-10-2017, 06:20 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
well lets see.

first lets just get rid of the bs gatewaypundit . The cherry picked debt ignoring reality in order to create a bss story.

then delete the 50 days promo produced by team trump.

jobs..

well sorry
Gary Cohn, economic adviser, doesn't credit Trump with jobs report - Business Insider

Trump's own people say he had nothing to do with it. Plus the numbers are within normal range, Obama averaged 190k over 8 years, call me if trump gets close.

construction. lets just say you must have never pulled a permit in your life, the process from green field to breaking soil runs about a year or 2 but can be crushed down to maybe 6 months.

Not one new construction job was created by trump they were planned last year.

so really what are you talking about?
That's BS. Economic optimism fuels the economy. If businesses aren't optimistic, they're not going to invest in new construction even if it was planned last year. Apparently you didn't live thorough the housing meltdown in 2008. Companies were pretty quick to pull the plug on new projects once optimism ran out.
But just admit you're praying for an economic collapse, otherwise your narrative of Trump won't work out and he might get reelected. You would far well economically, but you're willing to risk that to prove you didn't back the wrong horse.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Putin/Trump brought the unemployment down from 25% to 4.7% in one month, and they are all good jobs. Hail Putin/Trump.
I just saw another video from last year in which Trump said he's heard the unemployment rate under Obama is as high as 42%. I won't post it, since I already posted another video.

Based on these statements by Trump, Spicer's response to questions about the jobs report was sad and pathetic. When Spicer quoted Trump as saying past jobs reports were phony but now they're real, was that supposed to be a joke? I have a great sense of humor, but is he telling us the President is admitting he lied and he's FOS? I mean, just a couple of months ago he called the unemployment rate fictitious and now is saying "Oh, I was only trying to build up my base."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
That's BS. Economic optimism fuels the economy. If businesses aren't optimistic, they're not going to invest in new construction even if it was planned last year. Apparently you didn't live thorough the housing meltdown in 2008. Companies were pretty quick to pull the plug on new projects once optimism ran out.
But just admit you're praying for an economic collapse, otherwise your narrative of Trump won't work out and he might get reelected. You would far well economically, but you're willing to risk that to prove you didn't back the wrong horse.
I agree with you about optimism and business growth. It also fuels the stock market. But I don't think people are hoping for an economic collapse under Trump. I just think some of us are a little wary because he lies so much. I look forward to a successful 4 years, but only if they're not filled with a lot of smoke and mirrors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies