Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 11:08 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,768,651 times

Advertisements

I expect that they'll come up with some kind of scandal ... just like they have every single day since Trump won the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 11:10 AM

59,524 posts, read 27,665,285 times
"uote: Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Leftist meme destroyed.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Not by two pages of a 2005 tax return.
The "meme" was that Trump paid ZERO TAXES and gave ZERO TO CHARITY.

THAT has been "destroyed"

They can NO LONGER make that FALSE claim.

Keep ignoring the truth and your lost political seats count will go from about 1,400 to a a much HIGHER number.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:10 AM

15,117 posts, read 12,303,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She probably got a lot of people to watch and that's what it's all about. Never mind they are all leaving empty handed.
And disappointed, no doubt.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:13 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,519,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" if Maddow didn't solicit getting the documents it is not illegal"

Are you a criminal attorney?

I always thought RECEIVING stolen goods was against the law and so is REVEALING someone's tax returns.
For it to be considered "receiving stolen property" the receiving party would need to deprive the owner of said property. Since it is a copy I doubt one can construe that as depriving the owner of possession.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:15 AM

6,321 posts, read 3,468,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
She claims to have them and will reveal them tonight
I know one thing...whom ever got access to his tax return, without Trump knowledge or permission, may be in big trouble for releasing private information.

But even so....making 150 million and paying 38 million after deductions doesn't seem out of line to me. Of course that is only one year's taxes and only a couple pages out of many that Madcow has.

What is outrageous is the following who don't pay taxes:

16 Giant Corporations That Have Basically Stopped Paying Taxes -- While Also Cutting Jobs! | Alternet

Old 03-15-2017, 11:16 AM

15,117 posts, read 12,303,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Daily Beast confirms. They wrote $150 million in income, and covered $36.3 million split between two federal income taxes. White House said $38 million, so there may be one more tax the DB isn't including. Either way, this just confirmed Trump is very wealthy and pays tens of millions on taxes in a single year. Not helpful to the Dem narrative. Probably should have kept this hidden.
Makes me wonder if Rachel Maddow even looked at those tax returns before she started her on-air bloviating about Trump.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:17 AM

59,524 posts, read 27,665,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I don't see what all the buzz was about. It was just a few pages and really did not tell us much other than Trump actually did pay taxes one year.

All of this silliness could all have been avoided if Trump had done what every other presidential candidate had done since Nixon and released his returns as he once promised he would do. DJT, more than most any other presidential candidate, owed Americans transparency given all of the his unknown business relationships and their possible conflicts of interest. Instead he chooses to keep the American public in the dark.
"I don't see what all the buzz was about."

I wouldn't be so open to admit this.

The left, from hillary to the LSMhas been CLAIMING for MONTHS thatv TRUMP PAID zero TAXES.

NOW WE KNOW HE DID.

If you can't see it, THERE IS NO USE TRYING TO HAVE an intelligent discussion with you.

"Ignorance is bliss'"

Old 03-15-2017, 11:19 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,420,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
Not really, this is why I asked if you ever run a business before.

With his properties alone, we expect him to have a depreciation of 100 + million a year regardless. This is a normal tax write off for those who own properties, he probably owns billion dollars worth of properties.

Then there is depreciation on his boat, plane, various cars.

Nothing wrong with it. The point is a business can have a high revenue and still have a huge loss. That's how businesses sometimes works and why Uncle Sam allows the loss to be carried over.
I'm not sure what you mean by not really.

I indicated he had a $915M loss in 1995, you are just guessing that the $100M is depreciation, it could also be a carryover loss from 1995 or something else entirely. All we know is that he had a deduction of $100M, if he released his returns as promised we would know the answer.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:19 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,685,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes it is.

Trump paid $38M in taxes. 25% tax rate. Very up and up.

What else is there to know?
No, it's not. Not a tax return that is over a decade old.

What else is there to know? His current tax return.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:22 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,420,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I don't see what all the buzz was about."

I wouldn't be so open to admit this.

The left, from hillary to the LSMhas been CLAIMING for MONTHS thatv TRUMP PAID zero TAXES.

NOW WE KNOW HE DID.

If you can't see it, THERE IS NO USE TRYING TO HAVE an intelligent discussion with you.

"Ignorance is bliss'"
Well that puts it to bed for 2005, now how about the next 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies