Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 06:28 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" several Attorney's have commented"

Well whoodi-do!

A judge did NOT put a stay on the Trump travel ban.

Most Supreme court judges have said (fill in the blanks) Hint 4 did not agree.

Gee, it is easy to post such things.

For the rest of your post, quit trying AGAIN to change the subject.

If you continue, I WILL report you for hijacking the thread.
So who do you have besides an ex lawyer named Kimberly, maybe another Fox Commenter named Napolitano. I know you can't tell me why Trump was quiet on his tax return that was released in October so please make my day and report me.

I will anxiously await his lawsuit this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 06:34 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
"you got more out of those two pages from 10 years ago than most people,"

MOST people can READ.

Trump paid 25% of his income in federal income taxes.

NOT the ZERO the left has been claiming for a year now.

A LOT MORE then Obama and a WHOLE LOT more then Bernie.

What is YOUR %?

Has probably paid MORE in 1 year in taxes then YOU have MADE in your entire lifetime.
Yes he paid much more in taxes than me in 2005, great and critical point.

Now we can say unequivocally that his honesty is beyond reproach although did he not say that he was going to provide all his tax returns back in 2015 when he entered the race?

Old 03-15-2017, 06:45 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Think about it.

Income and liabilities, depreciation, losses, and other items need back up paperwork (otherwise known as proof) or the IRS will question you.
Which is why most people whose income values exceed max value limitations for eFile will often get audited every year to every couple of years. Trump being audited by the IRS on the constant is a non-issue because the return cannot be processed through their automated system that has a fairly decent amount of business rules to catch certain problems and flag irregular values.

We can see that he paid 25% of the positive income claimed from the summation of his varying income schedules, but without any sort of indication of what was on those supporting schedules, the information provided is relatively meaningless.

The president is not required to publicly release their tax returns.
Just like the president is not required to publicly release their birth certificate.

So it's just amusing to see that partisan politics hasn't changed very much in the last 8 years.

Those who didn't support Obama raised hell to see his birth certificate, then proceeded to scrutinize every detail to try and find any minute discrepancy or evidence of wrong-doing. Those who supported Obama said that it was a non-issue and mocked the "Birther Movement".

Those who don't support Trump are raising hell to see his entire tax return. If they ever get the whole document, it'll be scrutinized to try and find any minute discrepancy or evidence of wrong-doing. Those who support Trump are saying it's a non-issue and mocking the "TaxReturner Movement".

Same partisan reactions. Different political parties.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:13 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Trump paid 25% of his income in federal income taxes.
Depreciation, losses, and certain expenses are already factored into the supporting schedules that feed into the 1040. He could have theoretically claimed depreciation costs on a million ballpoint pens in one of them.

That's the joy of a summary. It's just a total.

Quote:
NOT the ZERO the left has been claiming for a year now.
The left has claimed that he used a loophole in the tax code to carryforward $916 million in losses to reduce his taxable income for future years. A loophole that was actually closed the year after he did it. These are facts.

The NYT article even says that if his future profits/income stayed under a certain amount, that carryforward could have reduced his taxable income to $0 for subsequent years. We can see on this very return that his accountants used $100 million to offset $150 million. He reduced his standard taxable income by 2/3rd. These are facts.

Trump himself has made claims to doing what he can to reduce his tax bill. It's a fact and nobody can really blame him for it. Pretty much every American does what they can to reduce their tax bill and/or get back as much as possible.

Seriously, who doesn't try to lower their tax bill as much as possible?

Quote:
A LOT MORE then Obama and a WHOLE LOT more then Bernie.
Different tax brackets on a progressive tax system. That's literally how it works.

If Sanders or Obama was claiming $150+million in income, they'd be paying 25% as well.

Quote:
What is YOUR %?
I only remember my 2016 amounts off the top of my head, but it rounds out to 16%

You?

Quote:
Has probably paid MORE in 1 year in taxes then YOU have MADE in your entire lifetime.
I don't doubt it. Doesn't put him above scrutiny.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:14 PM

26,514 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
In general I completely disagree with you on the overhype, but I have only been following her show for the last year or so. She brings in a lot of evidence but doesn't necessarily draw conclusions. She's had the most consistent and in - depth reporting on all the Russian connections.
Maddow has a history of hyping, lies, half-truths, etc...

Maddow hyped up the BS that Ron Paul could win on the convention floor in 2012 - despite blatant rules in the GOP nomination rules debunking her BS - I suppose anything to make the opponent seem in chaos.

Maddow has used parody websites as evidence before.

She slants as much as Rush Limbaugh.

Search through some of the past discussions of her on this forum.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Still only one year. How about we use his 1995 return, he had $198M in income and paid $1M in taxes and he generated a carryover loss of $915M going forward, hypocrisy?

Neither of these two years provides a full story, how about Trump releasing all his tax returns like he promised to in 2015 and has since reneged. Tell me all those years are still under audit I need a good laugh.
In any document that is available did he ever pay ZERO in income tax? The answer to that is NO. Given that how is anything he said "hypocritical"? You may not like it, you've made it clear you don't like him and so you look at him with what I believe is a jaundiced eye.

Trump, just like every other tax paying citizen (and you've not shown he's ever paid ZERO in income tax) have an earned right to an opinion on those that pay nothing. Let's also remember all of the ancillary taxes he pays (that he can't get out of btw) which are probably more per year than most people on here make in a lifetime.

Trump has fully admitted that he's used the tax laws to his advantage, just as you do,I do and every other tax paying person does and has. He is in business and owes an obligation to that business to do everything LEGALLY possible to make it money.

Obviously he's done that quite well.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
He twice inferred that he had not recently paid taxes. But you are right, We can't take what he says at face value since he says things like he is going to take care of everyone in regards to healthcare and that the government is going to pay for it. I guess he really didn't mean that either.
Off topic though, but how can you say that as no law has yet been put in place? Nice try at deflection...

Old 03-15-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
All we know is the amount of the loss, there are no details but there are many games that can be played with real estate. The point is that some were trying to paint him as the common man because he paid his share in one year, that is not always the case. Paying the going rate in one year doesn't prove a thing but a $915M loss in one year is an eye opener.
And I'm SURE the IRS has looked at all of it multiple times, especially after he announced for President.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Interesting. Reading the last few pages, Trump fans are high fiving each other thinking this makes Trump look good.

More to come...and I don't mean from Maddow.
I don't but it sure as hell makes MSNBC and Maddow look like foolish amateurs...

Old 03-15-2017, 07:41 PM

626 posts, read 381,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't but it sure as hell makes MSNBC and Maddow look like foolish amateurs...
That GUY (looks like one at least) Rachel Maddow should never be considered reputable again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies