Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 12:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
People only like the subsidies they get.

Collectively, young people hate being forced to buy health insurance which subsidizes the elderly but want free college subsidized by the elderly. Farmers are often Republicans who hate subsidies except farm supports.
Many families with minor dependent seem to believe that those without children should pay to educate and give recreational opportunities their kids.

Those who do not drive resent it when their taxes go towards roads.

People who do not use public transportation resent subsidies given to those who do.

People who do not live in natural disaster prone areas often resent paying for those who choose to live in such areas.

People who live pay the death benefits of those who die with term life insurance policies.

Very low income people feel entitled to not pay income taxes and high income earners resent those with no skin in the game.

Internet and social media make us all aware of how these resentments and the " all about me" thing.
People seem a lot more comfortable expressing their outrage about the other guy. Politicians and the media who love them, feed off this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 12:17 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Well, now she'll pay $14,000 instead! She's helping to make America great again and giving tax cuts for the wealthy! By the time the bill evolves further, she'll be paying $21,000! Tell mom to cough it up!
Actually, most of the wealth is in the hands of old people...the ones that you typically want to give cheaper health insurance at the cost of overcharging the poorest segment of the US which is young people.

Think before you just start spewing dogma.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:18 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump's base knows this is Ryancare.

Trump's base doesn't support Paul Ryan.

It isn't anymore complicated than that.
Wrong, Trump tweeted in favor of the bill the day it was released. Trump is playing you. He's the ultimate crony capitalist hack.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:18 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
One year into Trumpcare treatment.

Just kidding, that's Trump today without the tupee and tanning lotion.

Why do I have the feeling that there is a bald Trump daughter that nobody's ever seen?

Good one Finn!!!

Old 03-15-2017, 12:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I, age 58, personally was going to go into self-employment at 60 if the ACA had remained in place.
I did that some time ago. I highly recommend it.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Wrong, Trump tweeted in favor of the bill the day it was released. Trump is playing you. He's the ultimate crony capitalist hack.

Seeing Trump and the Republican congress as a unified force is a bit myopic. If this passes, Trump will probably sign it. But I don't see him willing to throw himself on his sword in order to make this bill pass. There is a distinction and I urge you to look harder for it.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:24 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:

At least watching the two clowns frantically trying to shove the other in front of the bus is providing a bit of entertainment. They do say that laughter is the best medicine.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:

Funny, Trump tweeted about 'OUR" wonderful healthcare bill in reference to AHCA.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...86723552411648

Seems to me that Trump is claiming this bill as his, and it's "wonderful".

Old 03-15-2017, 12:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Freeeeeeedumbbbbbbbbbb.......

Old 03-15-2017, 12:26 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually, most of the wealth is in the hands of old people...the ones that you typically want to give cheaper health insurance at the cost of overcharging the poorest segment of the US which is young people.

Think before you just start spewing dogma.
Actually, I worked for the Feds where everyone pays the same price regardless of age or whether you're retired. I do have maternity coverage, but as a 60+ male don't expect to use it! Maybe the Donald has the same Federal BCBS I have! Pay one price!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies