Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2017, 10:19 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
there is nothing in the constitution defining NBC. obama is not the first president to have multiple citizenships at birth thru jus sanguinis and both jefferson and lincoln had multiple citizenships during their terms.
There are clarities, and there are obfuscations.,

You sir, are an obfuscator!

Guess everyone in the world gets a Nobel Peace Prize trophy.

Obama got his before he ever did anything in his life.

Like Islam, a faith of love, gets a Peace Prize Trophy.

Hey, Obama got it first!

Obama was riggerously created by dirty rotten riggers!

I hate riggers!

Muslims are angrously moving in Stockholm.

They are there to kill the Obama Trophy.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-18-2017 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 10:48 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
how is that at all relevant to the topic?
If you have to ask, no wonder you simply accept Obama's place of birth hook, line and sinker.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:03 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
there is nothing in the constitution defining NBC. obama is not the first president to have multiple citizenships at birth thru jus sanguinis
Name them.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:13 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Name them.

Jackson had two foreign born parents.
Jefferson, Buchanan, Arthur,
Wilson, Hoover had one.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:17 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

Wilson, Hoover had one.
Yeah, but they weren't black...

Last edited by JAMS14; 03-18-2017 at 11:32 AM..

Old 03-18-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

Wilson, Hoover had one.
Foreign-born parents have nothing to do with anything. They renounce their foreign citizenship when they naturalize as US Citizens. And, in fact, renunciation is still in the Naturalization Oath to this day.

As for Arthur, he lied about his father's foreign citizenship status at the time of his birth, and hid the truth his entire life, even to the point of burning his personal documents instead of donating them to the Library of Congress as did all the other Presidents of that era.

Quote:
"During his lifetime, my father would never let anyone see them—not even me. When they finally came into my possession, I was amazed that there were so few. At my father's funeral in Albany, or rather at the interment of his ashes which took place several months after his death [July 17,1934], I enquired of all the cousins there assembled—the nieces and nephews of my grandfather, as to what had happened to the bulk of the papers. Charles E. McElroy, the son of Mary Arthur McElroy who was my grandfather's First Lady, tells me that the day before he died, my grandfather caused to be burned three large garbage cans, each at least four feet high, full of papers which I am sure would have thrown much light on history.

So wrote Chester A. Arthur III to Dr. Thomas P. Martin, then Acting Chief of the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress, on April 15, 1938."
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/service/mss/ea...9/ms009139.pdf

No surprise at all that you hold up as an example a President who lied about his eligibility and went to extreme lengths to cover up that lie.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:01 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
And, in fact, renunciation is still in the Naturalization Oath to this day.
yes it is but the US has never required that they formally renounce their citizenship. my guess is the vast majority retain their previous citizenship.

"The United States will not ask naturalizing citizens to take any steps to formally renounce the citizenship of their home country. "

Dual Citizenship Allowed for Naturalizing U.S. Citizens | Nolo.com

Old 03-18-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
yes it is but the US has never required that they formally renounce their citizenship.
Renunciation is in the Naturalization Oath, to this day. As such, upon the completion of Naturalization, the US no longer recognizes any prior foreign citizenship. That's why Naturalized US Citizens can only re-enter the US from abroad on their US passport, or another acceptable US-issued alternative.

If Obama Sr had naturalized as a US Citizen prior to Obama's birth, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Foreign-born parents have nothing to do with anything. They renounce their foreign citizenship when they naturalize as US Citizens. And, in fact, renunciation is still in the Naturalization Oath to this day.

As for Arthur, he lied about his father's foreign citizenship status at the time of his birth, and hid the truth his entire life, even to the point of burning his personal documents instead of donating them to the Library of Congress as did all the other Presidents of that era.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/service/mss/ea...9/ms009139.pdf

No surprise at all that you hold up as an example a President who lied about his eligibility and went to extreme lengths to cover up that lie.
All irrelevant. The foreign allegiance involved is determined by foreign law not US law. The US has no power to remove foreign citizenship and, in some countries, neither does the individual involved.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:26 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you have to ask, ....
which means you don't have a relevant answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies