Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 12:18 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I love reading how all the libs are getting their panties in a wad!

This is the Presidents budget PROPOSAL which goes NOWHERE.

Just like Obama's who didn't get 1 single vote in favor form congress.

Not EVEN 1 dem voted FOR his proposals.
Then why are you getting your panties in a bunch? Hilarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 12:18 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
The Community Development Block Grant is a slush fund that is redundant with lots of other programs.
CDBG funds are matched with local funds and oversight on community development projects such as rehabbing housing, converting school buildings, constructing public improvements (water, sewer, paving, sidewalks...), constructing and maintaining neighborhood centers, preservation and and restoration of historic properties in low-income neighborhoods...

While it makes sense to the let the locals figure out what they need the money for most and are best able to keep a close eye on the costs, what often happens is politics.

Sadly.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:19 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
amtrak is a money pit

So is the F-35, and I have a lot better chance of Amtrak taking me somewhere I want to go than an F-35 doing so.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:21 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So is the F-35, and I have a lot better chance of Amtrak taking me somewhere I want to go than an F-35 doing so.
agree..have said for a long time, why are we going for another fighter

f-35 is another money pit

but we have congress critters still pushing these money pits

Old 03-16-2017, 12:23 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He is a mean small-minded greedy little man.

You are absolutely correct. He is in there for the richies, and could care less about regular people. They have no idea who they voted in yet.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's my point. Over and over and over again, we hear how the Fed Gov should do and pay for "this" and "that" from the left. Rarely, if ever, do any of them admit that they themselves have dropped the ball and suggest that they, their friends, and their community members should be donating/volunteering more to help meet their neighbors' needs. /SMH
And what do you have to say about the right telling us over and over and over again that we should increase military spending despite already having the most expensive military in the world? What makes the DoD sacrosanct when it comes to watching its budget?

Old 03-16-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
agree..have said for a long time, why are we going for another fighter

f-35 is another money pit

but we have congress critters still pushing these money pits
Or lobbyists with bushels of $$$ buying congress critters.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Clapper, himself, testifying to Congress...

"My fingerprints were on that national intelligence estimate, I was in the community then. That was 13 years ago. We have done many, many things to improve our processes, particularly with respect to national intelligence estimates, in order to prevent that from happening again. Whatever else you want to say about the intelligence community, it is a learning organization, and we do try to learn lessons.

It's a very difficult business and getting harder all the time. And there will be mistakes, but what we do try to do, as we did after the NIE from October 2002 and weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, was to learn from that, profit and make change."

CNN.com - Transcripts

What I always found odd was that even after Clapper f'ed up on the assessment that Iraq had WMDs in 2002 when he was the Director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (the satellite image intelligence agency), Obama then promoted him to be his Director of National Intelligence.
'Fingerprints on' and 'in the community' don't exactly make him sound as if he was the main player in that debacle.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:28 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,144 times
Quote:
amtrak is a money pit
Agreed. Cut the Federal Funding to -0-. Let it operate as a business.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:31 PM

This whole scenario makes it seem as if the plan is to suck as many nickels and dimes as possible from programs that benefit average Americans and then throw Benjamins at that five-sided building near Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies