Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 07:06 AM

14,522 posts, read 11,344,564 times

Advertisements

Because the corrupt "media" won't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:09 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,536,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" If Obamacare is a disaster"

IF?
Have you had your head in the sand for the past 8 YEARS?
Its popularity should be your first clue.

I have aca insurance, do not get the subsidy. I'm on a gold plan that is much better than my last insurance prior to the aca act. In a state with limited options. And and my rates were rising faster than before the aca.

Trump tribesmen are easily brainwashed so that is why the tv ads. They vote against their own best interest . And Trump is starting his 2020 campaign now.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:14 AM

5,850 posts, read 3,277,929 times
So far I've got several attempts at deflections. My reaction to that is these people shouldn't go into a battle of the wits unarmed.

I will ask the one sensible answer, what special interests. Do we know?
Is it the Koch bros.? They seem to be against everything decent in America.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:20 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,241,191 times
Quote:
I will ask the one sensible answer, what special interests. Do we know?
Yes we know:

- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Lawyers
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Laboratory Services
- Physicians
- AARP
- Etc.

Each and every one of these has highly paid lobbying groups who work to promote their special interests. These same groups help write Obamacare - write it. They don't want to lose anything. Clear enough?

Old 03-17-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Yes we know:

- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Insurance Companies
- Lawyers
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Laboratory Services
- Physicians
- AARP
- Etc.

Each and every one of these has highly paid lobbying groups who work to promote their special interests. These same groups help write Obamacare - write it. They don't want to lose anything. Clear enough?
Now that we have an answer, and excluding the poorly written answers by the mentally challenged, may we conclude that the Republican agenda is set by all of the above?

Old 03-17-2017, 08:14 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,780,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
After you answer my question about who is funding the American Action Network.
Ahh. You mean you don't already know?

Then how can you claim AAN = GOP?

Old 03-17-2017, 08:18 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,241,191 times
Quote:
Now that we have an answer, and excluding the poorly written answers by the mentally challenged, may we conclude that the Republican agenda is set by all of the above?
Republican AND Democratic agenda is set by the above...

Old 03-17-2017, 01:05 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,661,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
When did the American Action Network become the Republican Party?

LOL!
NOPE waldo wrong AGAIN.

American network is funded by a bunch of super pacs, and american crossroads gps is the 2nd biggest funder...

"""American Crossroads is a Super PAC that raises funds from donors to advocate for certain candidates of the Republican Party. Former White House strategist Karl Rove was behind its formation.[1] Its president is Steven J. Law, a former United States Deputy Secretary of Labor for President George W. Bush and the Chairman of the Board of Directors is former Republican National Committee chairman Mike Duncan. Advisers to the group include Senior Advisor and former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove and former Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour.""""

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Crossroads

Republicans setup super pacs, to fund republican tools that support or attack as needed. It bypasses the rules that were originally intended to stop these sorts of tricks.

You might notice Karl Rove is the big noise in this one.

or maybe you like the next biggest funder... Bernie Marcus,.... the well known Home Depot rightwing Trump supporter who has pumped many millions of dollars into supporting the GOP and Trump.

Why I Stand With Donald Trump | RealClearPolitics

Old 03-17-2017, 01:10 PM

23,700 posts, read 17,377,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
The American Action Network buys TV time to convince the American people that repeal and replace is the right thing to do. Organizations that advise Congress are telling Congress that removal of Obamacare will throw millions more out of their insurance coverage than previous estimates.

Although I no longer benefit from Obamacare I'm convinced that it is a step in the right direction.

TV commercial time is very expensive. Other than your knee jerk Republican objections, aren't you curious as to who is funding the commercials and why?
Because the media propaganda machine and democrat leaders are giving the public fals information.

PPACA was sold based on lies and grossly estimated cost. that alone constitutes a failure and dishonesty to sell a pig in a poke to the public. the roll out was a colossal failure costing taxpayer millions more than it should have.

When dem leaders tell the people 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it' and the media doesn't come to the aid of the people being treated like children... obamacare is clearly a trojan horse delivered in the dark of night as all the guards were fast asleep.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:07 PM

No one pays me to notice what is going on and writing about it. I fear that the long term agenda of the Republican party is to fund Medicare at a minimal level. Then when Social Security starts to run out of funds they will throw up their hands and say that's a shame.

With the kind of money that is pouring into Republican coffers they have the money to pay people to fight us every inch of the way, even on this web site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies