Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 01:24 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I do find it concerning that one party is taking complete control of the entire country. I'd be equally worried if it was Democrats.

In my view, it's dangerous to have one party with a complete grip on the federal government. We've seen the issues with having only two parties with real power, exacerbating that further by eliminating it down to one is not going to be good.
Spare us the phony scare tactic. It's only been 50 days since the democrats have left the presidential office that they've occupied for the last EIGHT years or 2920 days.

And you guys didn't have any problem about the democrats continuing their domination when you wanted Hillary for four more years on top of the Obama eight.

Talk about hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 01:27 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Do you truly not want to have a discussion because your lines are getting so old - Hillary this, Obama that or election loss this or that. Geesh! Wise up!
You mean like you and your democrat friends here have been calling Trump all the names in the world were mature discussions?

Old 03-19-2017, 01:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I do find it concerning that one party is taking complete control of the entire country. I'd be equally worried if it was Democrats.

In my view, it's dangerous to have one party with a complete grip on the federal government. We've seen the issues with having only two parties with real power, exacerbating that further by eliminating it down to one is not going to be good.
When Obama took over he had the House and Senate, too.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:48 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
And as a non Trump supporter I can't tell you how happy it makes me you're happy! How wonderful someone's misery can bring you such joy!
Foolish whiners and bellyachers bring it all on themselves.

Yes, it's delightful seeing the misery of anti-Trumpers. Best thing I've seen in years. Keep up the nonsense. It's guarantees us 8 years of pure joy and laughter!

(P.S. Instead of wailing and weeping and gnashing of teeth on forums, why don't you concentrate on getting someone you like in the white house. You're gonna need to work hard, so hop to it!)

Old 03-19-2017, 02:49 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,244,554 times
Quote:
Apparently, there are over 100 judicial vacancies and Obama tried to fill over 50+ of them but was blocked by Republicans the past 2 years. I know we have 1 SCOTUS position to fill but over 100 federal judgeships?This is the first I've heard of this and it's making me incensed that this isn't getting more attention in the news.

The judicial branch is our last line of defense against the immoral and self-serving Repugs currently in the Congress and White House now. They can easily put in young and very conservative judges who can stay on for a very long long time and change our country for the worse....

Trump may get most federal judicial appointments since 1950s - Salon.com
Well played by the Repugnlicans. Even if you're one with Friends in Safe Spaces, you still got to admit these Repubs completely outwitted Obama and the entire Democrat team including the Left Stream Media.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:53 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
When Obama took over he had the House and Senate, too.
Indeed, and he didn't accomplish a damned thing. Remember when he repeatedly said the first thing he was going to do was close Gitmo? Is it closed yet? No? That's what I thought.

The silly fool spent years blaming Bush. For everything. His little girly snits and crybaby fits helped put someone like Trump in the White House. Thanks, 0bama!

Old 03-19-2017, 02:58 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,259,290 times
Quote:
Apparently, there are over 100 judicial vacancies and Obama tried to fill over 50+ of them but was blocked by Republicans the past 2 years. I know we have 1 SCOTUS position to fill but over 100 federal judgeships?This is the first I've heard of this and it's making me incensed that this isn't getting more attention in the news.

The judicial branch is our last line of defense against the immoral and self-serving Repugs currently in the Congress and White House now. They can easily put in young and very conservative judges who can stay on for a very long long time and change our country for the worse....

Trump may get most federal judicial appointments since 1950s - Salon.com
You can look at the other way too. Republicans see judiciary being used as the first line of offense by Liberals trying to change laws without the approval of our elected leaders in the legislative or executive branches. So to Republicans, they are on the defense.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:00 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Trump may get the most judicial nominees since 1950, but the impact is a bit misleading. Obama, unfortunately, was able to shape the federal judiciary (specifically, at the very important federal court of appeals level) in a way that few presidents can or do. He was able to change the composition of most federal courts of appeal from being majority Republican to majority Democrat. When you think of it, Republicans are only the majority on the 5th, 6th, and 8th circuit courts of appeal. While President Trump's legacy may outlast Obama's if he's able to radically reshape the Supreme Court, such an outcome is not a given. Most of president Trump's nominees will still face leftist courts of appeal that were such stacked by Obama.

Old 03-19-2017, 03:40 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That's why it's called draining the swamp time, isn't it? In a few years from now, a lot of judges retiring will be filled by Trump & GOP.

And the drain runs right into the Cabinet and WH staff.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:17 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
And as a non Trump supporter I can't tell you how happy it makes me you're happy! How wonderful someone's misery can bring you such joy!
What goes around, comes around. Giving libs a taste of their own medicine. Giving them a good whoopin, snap them back to reality.

As I said the other day, when some feminist goes around blindly defending Islam; Nothing would make me happier than seeing them whipped on the public street and forced to wear a burka or hijab. They deserve it.

Everyone is happy when the bad guy in the movie "gets what he deserves". Most liberals are literally the bad guy. They are just too delusional to see it.

As C.S. Lewis wrote...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies