Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:53 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How many years are we going to keep hearing this?
Until he is gone. And generations from now when we are all gone, historians will be writing about Americas first insane president. Assuming there is anyone left to write anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 09:54 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Progressive propaganda, but make no mistake, like an angry monkey, they will keep flinging their poop until they can get something to stick.

Last edited by NxtGen; 03-22-2017 at 10:05 AM..

Old 03-22-2017, 09:57 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Until he is gone. And generations from now when we are all gone, historians will be writing about Americas first insane president. Assuming there is anyone left to write anything.

YEP! Trump is doing a great job of finishing off the GOP!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:58 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How many years are we going to keep hearing this?

Only on month #2? and look at all the ruckus - we did NOT create it...

Old 03-22-2017, 09:58 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Getting bored with pouting, crayons, and Play-Doh...looting and rioting can get you arrested...screetching like a beached whale only gets you laughed at on You Tube (referring to the fat lady in glasses shrieking, "NO NO NO" at the Trump inauguration posted on another thread). Then, knitting and sporting funny hats everyone is making fun of. I guess folks got tired of snickering at the safety pins.

The Liberal disillusionment is just evolving.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:05 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I believe he will not finish out his term. I don't think it will be via impeachment, and I'm OK with that. As much as I despise the guy, I think that the fallout from impeachment would be harmful to our country.

Arguably, it would not be as harmful as leaving him in office, but my hope, and prediction is that he'll continue to lose support from within the GOP, things will get tougher and tougher for him, and he'll find a way to bow out before he is removed. A face-saver of sorts. He, or Melania will get a terrible diagnosis, or his doctor will advise he needs to step down, or something like that.

Just my prediction, based on nothing more than hope and a guess. We'll know how it turns out in 4-8 years or less.

Agreed. When his usefulness to the Republican party is finished, he will be gone. Whether through impeachment, resignation or other means, Trump will be removed from office. While the Trumpsters want Trump, I believe that most of the Republicans in power would like to see Pence as president. Notice how Pence is not really saying anything, just keeping his head down and doing his job so that he'll be able to step in smoothly as president when the time comes.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:06 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Only on month #2? and look at all the ruckus - we did NOT create it...
I can hear it now... "Only year three. There is no way he can make another year. To date, over 620 Russians have stayed at Trump hotels."

Old 03-22-2017, 10:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Yawn.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Will Trump be impeached – or is it just a liberal fantasy?

It remains an open question at this point.

There's a whole lotta circumstantial evidence that there were some direct dealings between the Russkies and high officials in the tRump campaign. Whether or not tRump himself was involved hasn't been revealed yet.

So, impeachment? I'd call that remote possibility.

But what's already occurring is that tRump has been weakened, maybe beyond the point of no return. And that would make him nothing more than a figurehead. One who can't speak or tweet or communicate with any authority even within his own party.

It's very amusing.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:34 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
The political friction is reaching an all time high and the GOP will need to reconcile the party with a more mainstream agenda, something they've been avoiding for the last eight years. When not in power, the party on the outs seem to be lathered up in their own refusal to see what went wrong. Instead of reconsidering their own leanings toward an off putting exclusion of voting blocs the Dems have resorted to a campaign that seems intent on removal of the opposition president.

Trump is NOT the independent he postured himself as during the campaign. This isn't about Trump as much as it is about the fact of an opposition to what many thought was going to be a slamdunk election giving Clinton the White House keys. The real meat and potatoes of the GOP rule will be forgotten in light of all this focus on Trump.Donnie seems content to be the performer, the distraction, and the real work will be carried out by party functionaries left free to work behind the curtain of the GOP circus.

This is an opportunity for the Dems to focus on realpolitik rather than their own philosophies surrounding the needs of party over people. I'm watching the healthcare debate and the specter of looming budget concerns rather than what Donnie is tweeting. Liberals: A term describing what conservatives feel is a lockstep thought process among the nation's diverse groups of non conservative people. Of course there is no such thing as a black and white simple thought process in American politics, and most thinkers know the huge amount of gray in that space. The hope of Trump's demise is certainly one that is shared by millions of people, but, the opposition to that is also reflective of many more millions who have faith in the man. I fear the GOP much more than any one person in it, the party rules the roost, presidents come and go..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies