Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:35 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times

Advertisements

I wonder how his worshippers and cultists will handle him getting impeached. Mass suicides/homicides? Obviously they'll blame Obama/Clinton, but are they capable of functioning without him at this point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 10:38 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He's not going to be impeached.
Probably not. Being removed from office for insanity is more likely. He`s building a case for it is he not? When he can`t take the heat he heads south for a klan rally and 18 holes.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:40 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I wonder how his worshippers and cultists will handle him getting impeached. Mass suicides/homicides? Obviously they'll blame Obama/Clinton, but are they capable of functioning without him at this point?
I'm more concerned about the radical liberals rioting if he wins a second term.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The question makes no sense unless the assumption is that he's already committed an impeachable offense.
It makes sense to me. In only two months he has proven to be a complete idiot, liar and a deceiver, and many believe it is only a matter of time he commits an impeachable offence.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:48 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3sbAa_CqRk

Old 03-22-2017, 10:52 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
I wouldn't give what Maxine Waters said too much credibility, he will not be impeached but I think he may resign at some point. Incompetence is not an impeachable offense, it's not intentional.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:54 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
If any president deserved impeachment it was Obama for leveraging the IRS for political gain. Gross abuse of power.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:33 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Even before the FBI director announced on Monday that the bureau is investigating possible collusion between the Donald Trump campaign and Moscow during the 2016 presidential election, the precise rules for how the powers of the presidency might be transferred – or simply rescinded – in case of criminality or emergency had become the subject of newfound and intense focus in the United States.
“On a 10 scale of Armageddon for our form of government, I would put Watergate at a 9,” wrote Dan Rather, the longtime network news anchor, in a Facebook post. “This Russia scandal is currently somewhere around a 5 or 6, in my opinion, but it is cascading in intensity seemingly by the hour. We may look back and see, in the end, that it is at least as big as Watergate. It may become the measure by which all future scandals are judged. It has all the necessary ingredients, and that is chilling.”

There are other grounds on which Trump might be removed from the presidency. A movement to impeach Trump for allegedly violating constitutional bans on receiving certain gifts – a problem rooted in the president’s failure to divest from his real estate, hotel and branding businesses – gained 875,000 online signatures in one month, said organizer John Bonifaz.

Who’s saying Trump should be impeached?

About 46% of Americans who responded to a Public Policy Polling survey last month, for starters. Public opinion matters because for impeachment to happen, Congress must act, and elected officials sometimes hang their principles on opinion polls.

Only two months into the Trump presidency, we’ve already heard warnings, issued by members of Congress, about this or that constitutional crisis being afoot: Trump impugns judges; Trump overrides legislated regulations; courts block executive actions. There are many opportunities for further constitutional crises during the Trump years, and a Trump refusal to go along with prospective impeachment proceedings is certainly easy to imagine. In which case: who controls the military?

Elections have consequences. Is this all actually just a fantasy for liberals and conservative purists who cannot accept that Trump won?

Reasons this might not be true include the fact of Trump’s historically low popularity rating at the two-month mark. Trump sits at 37% approval, according to Gallup, a whopping 24 points behind the historical average for first-term presidents. Additionally, Trump seems to be flying unusually close to the sun, in terms of his conduct as an elected official.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...istory-process

I am an avid conservative, but getting Comrade Trump/President Pinocchio/Kim Jong Trump out of office, sure is my biggest Fantasy!

He was the least popular President ever elected, in History, and I sure in heck didn't vote for him, I was for Bernie Sanders!
Fantasy.

"I was for Bernie Sanders"

Which explains A LOT!

Old 03-22-2017, 12:33 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
If any president deserved impeachment it was Obama for leveraging the IRS for political gain. Gross abuse of power.
Get over it. Trump won!

Old 03-22-2017, 12:43 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Get over it. Trump won!
I'm a Trump supporter. Maybe you misread my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies