Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 02:39 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
According to yall's stupid comments, shouldn't Isis be hailing Trump a hero for smacking Assad and Putin on the nose with a rolled up newspaper?

Meanwhile, Isis is killing Christians and y'all are blaming Trump.
Some people think that ISIS is only the front face figure. Whatever is done by ISIS is actually done by Mosad, and that's why ISIS commits heinous acts all around Israel but never inside Isrsel to kill Zionists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 02:40 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Intentionally attacking a place of faith on one of their holiest days is about as low as humanity can fall. This goes for churches, temples, and mosques. Just grotesque.
Can you imagine what would happen if someone set off a bomb in a group of Muslim pilgrims during Ramadan?

Old 04-09-2017, 02:41 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a line of complete BS that has sucked many into the abyss.

IMO, we should avoid becoming involved in other countries; civil wars. Reports are ISIS cheered our missile strike, Assad certainly isn't our ally, and I wouldn't trust Putin as far as I could throw a MIG, we simply have no friend in that cesspool.

If it was up to me America's ME policy would be very simple, I would tell every country in the region they can either learn to live together or they can die together, it's not our problem. But IF they screw with the US they will be vaporized.
I am totally with you on the last one. If it were up to me that would be my policy, but until Events unfold I am willing to give Pres Trump the benefit of the doubt

Old 04-09-2017, 03:00 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,346 times
Foreign policy dating back to post WWll to today got us into this mess. It wont get change in one administration but you can set change in motion if you play your cards right, I have no confidence Trump can do it given his record so far.

ISIS is a daily threat to the U.S. and our allies. ISIS blowing up churches is an "in your face" attack to the Trump administration.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm heartbroken about this. So sad. How terrible. Our thoughts and prayers go out to blah, blah, blah....

Anyway...
To the majority of people who believe in God, no matter the sect, we are heartbroken and do pray for those suffering.

I guess the difference between them/us and you is that one takes it seriously from the heart... while you bloviate sarcasm. Good job on the thug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Foreign policy dating back to post WWll to today got us into this mess. It wont get change in one administration but you can set change in motion if you play your cards right, I have no confidence Trump can do it given his record so far.

ISIS is a daily threat to the U.S. and our allies. ISIS blowing up churches is an "in your face" attack to the Trump administration.
So... what would give you confidence in Trump?

Nothing he can do will, if you're being honest about it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
He seem have joined ISIS in a common goal to remove Asad from power.
I find it wildly ignorant that many in here see that bombing as some sort of pro-Isis move. It is incredible how complicated the situation is when there is so many fronts and players in Syria. It;s a three sided (or more) civil war. WE, as a whole, back the anti-Assad anti Isis Syrian Free Rebels. So attacking Assad is NOT being a friend to Isis, and vice versa.

MY armchair QB says:
We need to shut down Assad's air power with a no-fly, just as we did in Iraq. We need to bilaterally set a FREE-ZONE where refugees can safely go. Once this is done we then pour arms and munitions to the rebels and let them kick the snot out of Isis and Assad... which, to the best of my knowledge, seems to be the plan.

Last edited by steven_h; 04-09-2017 at 03:14 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 03:25 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If it was up to me America's ME policy would be very simple, I would tell every country in the region they can either learn to live together or they can die together, it's not our problem. But IF they screw with the US they will be vaporized.

That sounds good to me. I wish it was that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's pretty much what we do.
I don't buy that for a second. But then again, I'm not here to debate nor defend religion. That's as bad if not worse than discussing politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
For many, politics is their religion.
Obviously, and can't say it's wrong either. If it betters your life, go for it. If not, get a new religion.

Greg Gutfeld got it right. Refuting Trump's action is like shouting, "Hey ho, stopping Genocide has got to go."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Stop being racist and islamophobe
I know huh?

Shame on me.

I should go to Dallas to protest Trump's immigration policy.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-09-2017 at 03:55 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 03:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
pk - what use to be posts I disagreed with but found in the scope of the conversation - you've gone off half c**ked.

Although I agree the US has no business in any of these regions there are somewhat valid points on why we are there.
No more so than theirs. Even less in reality.

Quote:
You can't compare today's Muslims denouncing the terror done by extremists of the religion they share with slavery 150 yrs ago.
The comparison is in blaming people that have absolutely nothing to do with the problem.

Quote:
These Muslims are alive and well and it reflects on them - my ancestors - if they were involved - have been dead and buried for decades and in no way are representative of my beliefs today.
It has nothing at all to do with people who have done nothing.

Are you responsible for the torture that went on under the Bush administration because you are also an American?

Did you call for him to be held accountable?

Old 04-09-2017, 05:10 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Tactical nuke on Mecca during the Hajj will do. 20 kT or so.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Tactical nuke on Mecca during the Hajj will do. 20 kT or so.
LOL...stop with the bravado. If given the chance to do that, you wouldn't push the button if i gave you a million dollars to do it and you know it. Even if i gave you a billion, you STILL wouldn't do it.

Americans couldn't leave the country after that happened. This country would have to become a fortress even within our own borders. No mall, bridge, supermarket, tunnel, railroad or much of anything else would be safe.

The whole "bomb Mecca" thing is a bunch of hoooey. None of you would do it if you had the chance.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:30 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Some people think that ISIS is only the front face figure. Whatever is done by ISIS is actually done by Mossad, and that's why ISIS commits heinous acts all around Israel but never inside Israel to kill Zionists.
Israel currently has to deal with HAMAS who is currently possibly being funded by ISIS as the Egyptians assume. Israel doesn't sit on it's hands thinking about checking into possible terrorist cells. They react pretty swiftly when information is given to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies