Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 01:56 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,788,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Intentionally attacking a place of faith on one of their holiest days is about as low as humanity can fall..
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:57 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I think its incredibly sad that ISIS attacks people while they are in church and praying. Today is Palm Sunday.....these innocent people weren't bothering anyone.

It also is bothersome posters here didn't even respond to the OP's story but instead talking about Trump, liberals and the media.........
Thank you.

It shows how divided we are.

If Christian terrorists went around bombing Islamists under the guise of a self-pronounced prophet who picked up the sword and started a religion, I'd be appalled.

I'm appalled at what folks have done with religion for almost the last 12 thousand years. I don't understand it all. I say don't go where you're not welcome, but how's that working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
They have been.

No, ISIS is to blame, but WHAT has Egypt or the other Arab League countries been doing to prevent such attacks? They're in the region, more threatened by ISIS than the US is, and should be carrying the larger portion of the load in opposing ISIS.
So, the enemy of our enemy is our friend? Or frienemy?

So we should let Assad drop chemicals on his own country hoping he also wipes out Isis?

Syria is a mess. I don't understand it. The Middle East sucks. We should stay out... But how did that work for the Obama Administration? We can't even agree on our recent past.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-09-2017 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 01:58 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Backwards logic. The follower gets his inspiration from the Koran which tells them to do exactly what they do. The religion is the problem.
Is that really accurate though? There are peaceful Islams they don't fit in the category of ISIS.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thank you.

It shows how divided we are.

If Christian terrorists went around under the guise of a self-pronounced prophet who picked up the sword and started a religion, I'd be appalled.
That's pretty much what we do.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:13 PM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
pk - what use to be posts I disagreed with but found in the scope of the conversation - you've gone off half c**ked.

Although I agree the US has no business in any of these regions there are somewhat valid points on why we are there. You can't compare today's Muslims denouncing the terror done by extremists of the religion they share with slavery 150 yrs ago.

These Muslims are alive and well and it reflects on them - my ancestors - if they were involved - have been dead and buried for decades and in no way are representative of my beliefs today.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:14 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
So, the enemy of our enemy is our friend? Or frienemy?
Nah, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a line of complete BS that has sucked many into the abyss.

Quote:
So we should let Assad drop chemicals on his own country hoping he also wipes out Isis?
IMO, we should avoid becoming involved in other countries; civil wars. Reports are ISIS cheered our missile strike, Assad certainly isn't our ally, and I wouldn't trust Putin as far as I could throw a MIG, we simply have no friend in that cesspool.

Quote:
Syria is a mess. I don't understand it. The Middle East sucks. We should stay out... But how did that work for the Obama Administration? We can't even agree on our recent past.
If it was up to me America's ME policy would be very simple, I would tell every country in the region they can either learn to live together or they can die together, it's not our problem. But IF they screw with the US they will be vaporized.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:25 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Is that really accurate though? There are peaceful Islams they don't fit in the category of ISIS.
And let's be thankful there aren't 1.6 billion of them running around. However, until the majority of muslims start to publicly denounce what many of their kind do, they are complicit.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:32 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
And especially sad since this is the oldest Christian religion from disciple times.

Just sad

Old 04-09-2017, 02:33 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I thought Trump was going to bomb the **** out of ISIS? What happened to his promise?
He seem have joined ISIS in a common goal to remove Asad from power.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:38 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
Or he could have been slapping Assad and saying "get on with it"

Only time and understanding will tell for us who were not there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies