Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 01:45 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

In my opinion, nobody should feel great or sorry for Amazon. The company is billion dollars company and they know what is the best for them.

Plus, private companies have the right to make the rules without public input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 01:49 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In my opinion, nobody should feel great or sorry for Amazon. The company is billion dollars company and they know what is the best for them.

Very correct and they official get 3 breaks. AM break (15 mins). Half hour lunch and a PM Break. How these Muslims spend their time is on them!

Old 04-24-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Very correct and they official get 3 breaks. AM break (15 mins). Half hour lunch and a PM Break. How these Muslims spend their time is on them!
agreed! exactly!

Old 04-24-2017, 02:00 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Agreed. Workers should also not be allowed to socialize, make persoanal calls or surf the web.

Work is strictly for work.
To my knowledge there is not time set aside specifically to socialize, make personal calls or surf the web. This can be done on your lunch break, or your two 15 min. breaks.
If I feel the need to pray I can do it quietly at my desk and no one even notices.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:57 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
To my knowledge there is not time set aside specifically to socialize, make personal calls or surf the web. This can be done on your lunch break, or your two 15 min. breaks.
If I feel the need to pray I can do it quietly at my desk and no one even notices.
But, you are not required to wash your hands and feet, kneel down on a special rug pointed in a certain direction, and touch your forehead to the rug, while reciting ritualistic prayers.
You can probably commune with your God for a brief period without interrupting your work for more than a few brief seconds, and you are not REQUIRED to pray five times per day, every day.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:04 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
But, you are not required to wash your hands and feet, kneel down on a special rug pointed in a certain direction, and touch your forehead to the rug, while reciting ritualistic prayers.
You can probably commune with your God for a brief period without interrupting your work for more than a few brief seconds, and you are not REQUIRED to pray five times per day, every day.
And why is any of that Amazon's problem? Islam is not only incompatible with Western culture, this is a prime example of how it is incompatible with a modern economy. There are places in the world that are set up to do things their way. The US isn't one of them.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:04 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

So you are saying, those "Muslim" employees have their part of contribution towards their employer, Amazon, in making it a multi billion dollar successful company?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So you are saying, those "Muslim" employees have their part of contribution towards their employer, Amazon, in making it a multi billion dollar successful company?
You read too much into what I posted.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:18 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Totally relevant as this is a thread in relation to religion and nothing else. Christianity in the US got what they wanted through numerous decades. Judaism in the US in some much smaller way got changes made for their needs and now as Muslims grow in their presence in the US want their part. Buddhism and Hinduism will probably follow with their requests in some future generation.

Maybe you should read "Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964" and see how it relates to this thread.
But those practices are now abandoned, or are you saying every emerging culture gets to repeat what the forefathers once did. Should Muslims be allowed to participate in slavery now because they lost their chance?

Old 04-25-2017, 07:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
And why is any of that Amazon's problem? Islam is not only incompatible with Western culture, this is a prime example of how it is incompatible with a modern economy. There are places in the world that are set up to do things their way. The US isn't one of them.
Again, the five times of prayer are as follows:
  • Sunrise
  • Midday
  • Late afternoon
  • Evening
  • Bedtime

Only TWO of those - no matter your shift - would happen when you are at work. How is this not compatible with the "modern economy" or Western culture? When I smoked, I went out once in the morning, once at lunch and once in the afternoon. Was that incompatible with the modern economy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies