Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 07:16 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,222,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
I find it interesting and kind of cool. He is NOT a politician he was a regular guy who took it upon himself to help America how could have have known how hard it was going to be? I appreciate his honesty and sounding like a normal American. Of course the haters are going to hate but WHO CARES!? They still have their panties in a wad over the election....in due time I am sure most will get over it.
No, he was not a regular guy. He was a born rich con man, who probably never actually worked a day in his life, at least not an honest day's work. And as far as his "legendary" business acumen, he'd probably be richer now if he'd just invested his fortune in index funds:

Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Invested in Index Funds | Fortune.com

Poor little rich boy didn't realize he was actually going to have to work at being prez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 07:16 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Trump has had a harsh dose of reality come his way over the past 100 days. What he needs to say beyond that he is miserable, is that he is not up to this job either.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:17 AM

234 posts, read 122,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Well, we are still getting the same old double talk and BS from President trump, based on the amount of flip-flopping he has and continues to do on his "core" issues from the campaign. And don't bother arguing that he's "flexible" - anyone who makes one statement on a policy in one day and then changes his tune on that policy the same day isn't "flexible", he's freakin' Gumby.

Oh, and the people who would have an idea of what it takes to be President are people who are or have been personally involved with the government and its inner workings for at least some period of time. You know, like civil servants or constitutional attorneys or actual previously elected officials. Duh.
I have seen no "flip flopping" I have seen a consistent message that he clarifies when the lying media tries to lie about what he ACTUALLY said or tries to insinuate he said one thing when he meant something else. I have supported and followed Trump since he announced his candidacy I know where he stands and I support his goals and way of going about it even though I wish some things could be done without all this BS from congress....That's not how it works though.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:19 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
I have seen no "flip flopping" I have seen a consistent message that he clarifies when the lying media tries to lie about what he ACTUALLY said or tries to insinuate he said one thing when he meant something else. I have supported and followed Trump since he announced his candidacy I know where he stands and I support his goals and way of going about it even though I wish some things could be done without all this BS from congress....That's not how it works though.
I tell you what - you need some nice cookies to go with that kool-aide, buddy.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:21 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive....html#comments

Is it possible to laugh and cry at the same time?
I had opined, several times prior to the Election, that if Donald John Trump won, there was a distinct possibility that he would resign after two years in office:

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...t-if-he-3.html

President Trump's statements only support my opinion.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:22 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
"Without all this BS from Congress?"

That "BS" is called "checks and balances."

Perhaps we should send this to Trump, since he doesn't read.

https://youtu.be/tEPd98CbbMk

Old 04-28-2017, 07:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Talking Trump says he thought being president would be easier than his old life

DUH!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:27 AM

30,392 posts, read 19,184,321 times
I love having an honest President for a change.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:32 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Trump is used to having absolute power and being surrounded by yes man and not having to answer to anybody.

But he now is held to a very strict set of rules, has limited power, is part of a system with checks and balances to ensure he never has too much power, and is surrounded by A LOT of people who do not agree with him (most democratic politicians)

But he thought being president was going to be EASIER?! Shows you just how little thought Donald really put into this whole thing.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:37 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
I'm sure the majority of the country would have no problem with his resignation--many would thank him--give him a send-off weekend at Maralago. Melania would be ecstatic. The world would breathe a sigh of relief at having dodged a bullet, and America can get back to doing as well as it was before this loon stepped in.

The problem is that he believes--as he believed when leaving The Celeb Apprentice--that he can just bestow leadership and name his successor--Ivanka, of course. And I don't think Jared and Ivanka would be happy giving up their new-found power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies