Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 06:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

Trump wanted the status without any thought for the actual job itself.

And even worse -- is not that he is overwhelmed and taken by surprise by the job....but that he is unable to lead and manage a team that might help him in this cause.

It makes you wonder who has been running Trump for the last few years.

A really good business leader doesn't have all the answers but they know where to get them.

Trump's inability to control his blustery outbursts, his lack of knowledge of history, the political process, the Constitution, the legal system, the Executive branch -- oh you get what I am saying...is startling for a man who spent two years telling us he had all the answers.

It's crazy. Absolutely crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 07:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher View Post
Nonsense...if Clinton had won then they wouldn't have even been considered...just more jobs NOT created and more Americans jobs sent overseas! Like I said some will whine and complain no matter what...the LOUDER they complain means President Trump is doing a great job!
Trump hasn't created more jobs. The job growth has actually slowed (not his fault -- it was bound to happen after so many years of consistent steady growth). He hasn't done anything yet to slow the jobs leaving the country.

We have no tangible statistics to show he has done anything to really make changes.

It's only been 100 days -- I'm not saying he won't -- but he has done little yet. More bells, whistles and show...but nothing concrete and tangible.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:02 AM

234 posts, read 122,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Interesting and kind of cool. Wow.....wow ---

He doesn't sound like a normal American. Not to me. I don't know any normal American that has ever thought the office of the President would be an 'easy' job. ??????????

What cocoon do you (not you the royal you) have to live in not to realize the complexities of trying to serve as President? That's the question with Trump....he was in a bubble so big -- he had no clue -- no real clue.

Kind of sad.
I have no idea what it takes to be President and never will. Neither does anyone else except those that WERE or ARE president. To act like someone does is just outrageous,Trump is being blunt and open he doesn't mince words and people are obviously still having a problem accepting a person of a political manner doing so...we are so used to hearing the usual double talk and BS.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:03 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
He's an idiot. With a mouth. And no plan. With a pack of lies. And a loyal base of dimwits.

God help us all.
God is most definitely NOT in your corner on this one! He's as flummoxed by Americans putting this doofus in charge as the rest of the thinking world is.

You're on your own folks; you made this mess in your house, you clean it up!

Old 04-28-2017, 07:05 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
I have no idea what it takes to be President and never will. Neither does anyone else except those that WERE or ARE president. To act like someone does is just outrageous,Trump is being blunt and open he doesn't mince words and people are obviously still having a problem accepting a person of a political manner doing so...we are so used to hearing the usual double talk and BS.
Sheesh. Is it dark in that sack?

Old 04-28-2017, 07:08 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
We have seen what "qualified" Presidents have done....the PEOPLE of this country were ready for a real change...Its a fun and fascinating time to be alive! Every day is an adventure and I am enjoying it.
You enjoying his tax plan to benefit the wealthy and his cabinet full of Goldman-Sachs types?

The only CHANGE he brought with him was increased corruption and lack of political acumen.

To citizens who know anything about US government, this is scary, not exciting.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:08 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Immigration is down drastically. Pipeline will be built. NAFTA will be redone. Hillary isn't president. I can go on. I know it won't matter some people just need something to whine about so go ahead.
For a C-D newbie, you're really hitting the ground running.

The pipeline is using steel from a Russian/Canadian company to move Canadian oil across our nation where it is already contracted out to foreign nations. So exactly how is allowing Canada to use Russian steel to move oil across our nation a win for the U.S.? Looks to me like we got the short end of that deal.

NAFTA is not going to be repealed and it is unlikely to get redone.

ACA repeal and replace is an on-going cluster duck.

Behind the scenes, Trump and the Republicans have passed a bunch of stuff to make life easier for our corporate overlords, rolling back environmental regulations, working to free up land that belongs to all of us so corporations can rake in the profits, ....

If our luck holds, Trump and the Republicans will be able to pass a bill today to postpone the government shutdown for a week.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:10 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
We have seen what "qualified" Presidents have done....the PEOPLE of this country were ready for a real change...Its a fun and fascinating time to be alive! Every day is an adventure and I am enjoying it.
You cannot be serious! An honest to god nuclear exchange not being this close to reality in over 60 years and the doomsday clock moving onward doesn't strike you as something other than simple, puerile entertainment?

Couldn't you have just ponied up for a new X-Box and avoided scrapping the planet by electing this retarded azzhat?

Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Well, we are still getting the same old double talk and BS from President trump, based on the amount of flip-flopping he has and continues to do on his "core" issues from the campaign. And don't bother arguing that he's "flexible" - anyone who makes one statement on a policy in one day and then changes his tune on that policy the same day isn't "flexible", he's freakin' Gumby.

Oh, and the people who would have an idea of what it takes to be President are people who are or have been personally involved with the government and its inner workings for at least some period of time. You know, like civil servants or constitutional attorneys or actual previously elected officials. Duh.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:14 AM

234 posts, read 122,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You enjoying his tax plan to benefit the wealthy and his cabinet full of Goldman-Sachs types?

The only CHANGE he brought with him was increased corruption and lack of political acumen.

To citizens who know anything about US government, this is scary, not exciting.
Lol....the tax plan will benefit EVERYONE,he picked the best and brightest for his cabinet not JUST Goldman Sachs types.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
For a C-D newbie, you're really hitting the ground running.

The pipeline is using steel from a Russian/Canadian company to move Canadian oil across our nation where it is already contracted out to foreign nations. So exactly how is allowing Canada to use Russian steel to move oil across our nation a win for the U.S.? Looks to me like we got the short end of that deal.

NAFTA is not going to be repealed and it is unlikely to get redone.

ACA repeal and replace is an on-going cluster duck.

Behind the scenes, Trump and the Republicans have passed a bunch of stuff to make life easier for our corporate overlords, rolling back environmental regulations, working to free up land that belongs to all of us so corporations can rake in the profits, ....

If our luck holds, Trump and the Republicans will be able to pass a bill today to postpone the government shutdown for a week.
The steel that was already ordered yes is not American the steel that WILL be ordered WILL BE American...I never expected NAFTA to be repealed I expected it to be negotiated to favor the US more and its already been agreed to by Canada and Mexico. Indeed I agree the ACA is a major bomb right now...I wish Trump would tell the "freedom" caucus to go take a long walk off a short pier and get together with moderate democrats and the Tuesday group and get something done....That's what Americans want INCLUDING people who voted for Trump. Regulations HARM the economy and tie the hands of companies and cost MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of money. Oh and no I doubt anything gets done with the government shutdown..the democrats are throwing a fit still so let it shut down...time to trim this sucker down some let some of it that shuts down to stay shut down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies