Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2017, 09:32 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSearcher
I am still hoping President Trump takes advantage of a terrorist attack and declares martial law and suspends congress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Do the words "Reichstag Fire" mean anything to you without googling? That ended pretty badly, IIRC.

Trump and his devoted followers - exhibit A above - show the danger of internalizing the propaganda put forth by one's own side.
I'm still waiting for BookSearcher to come back and tell us what kind of terrorist attack he is hoping hits our shores. It really doesn't get any more un-American than hoping the U.S. suffers another attack so that Trump can declare martial law and become the dictator he always wanted to be.

Maybe even BookSearcher realizes this wish of his crosses the line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 09:35 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
can you imagine the Stumbler-in-Chief's reaction when informed that the job required him to work weekends too?

Old 04-28-2017, 09:37 AM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Sympathy. It's in the dictionary between S***, and syphilis.

Unfortunately, the joke isn't just on him, but the whole country.

It IS quite possible to laugh, and cry, at the same time. It's all that's been happening since his inauguration.

Being President, who would have thought it would be so complicated?
IF Trump thinks it tough NOW, with having the majority in both houses of congress... Just wait till the 2018 elections. It's not like he wasn't told how hard it is before by BO, but then again BO didn't not have both houses for over 6 years. plus opposition by the GOP bent on obstruction. I'm amazed how he even got anything done.

One of the biggest problems is that Trump has only filled a fraction of the positions necessary to actually operate. I know GOP claim Dem's are dragging their feet.. but Dem's aren't in the drivers seat of governing on any level. They actually have been disregarded on all levels ..then Ryan complains they aren't cooperating. Well, when they get locked out of discussions, then get blamed for inability to get things done sort of tells you. GOP party has lost the ability to govern. NOW, they have perfected the art of OPPOSITION to the point that even in charge they are spending most their airtime still blaming and opposing the Dems.

Trump, hasn't even nominated the ambassadors, staffers that support the leaders of cabinet positions. It's like running a manufacturing business with out any people to do the manufacturing. How can anybody succeed running a business or Administration on a skeleton Staff?

Trump has admitted it's HARD.. but he sure isn't helping himself with his self-inflicted wounds caused by his weird tweet habits.. and inarticulate way of expressing himself. Zero consistency , zero details, and of course inability to acknowledge his mis-statements. Yep, It's going to get a lot harder in the next few hundred days especially trying to put out all the fires he's started with allies, and enemies alike. I just pray that no nuclear bomb gets dropped caused by some mis-step he may ignorantly takes or causes.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:38 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
can you imagine the Stumbler-in-Chief's reaction when informed that the job required him to work weekends too?
He doesn't work weekends. He plays golf.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:42 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,304,236 times
I feel like Frank Grimes talking to Homer Simpson.

"If you lived in any other country you would've starved to death long ago."

Old 04-28-2017, 09:46 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive....html#comments

Is it possible to laugh and cry at the same time?
This president actually does something every day . Trump is of course finding all kinds of problems that Obama created for the people. Trump is working to undo the many mistakes Obama created.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:47 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,505,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He doesn't work weekends. He plays golf.

I guess this what that poster meant. Imagine how hard Trump's life would be if he starts doing anything (other than the golf) over the weekend.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This president actually does something every day . Trump is of course finding all kinds of problems that Obama created for the people. Trump is working to undo the many mistakes Obama created.
I'm pretty sure he couldn't find his ample ass with both hands.

You have got to be joking.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:50 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,304,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
He didn't have to take the job.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:50 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
All he had to do is look at the changes in W's face or Obama's hair to realize how difficult it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies