Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 05:32 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,751,154 times

Advertisements

We all knew that you, Canadian Stephen Colbert, was always a complete LOSER. You pretended to be a Republican during your job at Comedy Central. Now you want us voters for President Trump to like you?

You should be ashamed of what you said to the United States American President.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:37 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
We all knew that you, Canadian Stephen Colbert, was always a complete LOSER.
I think Trump said it best. Andrew Jackson would have preserved South Carolina in the Union. If Andrew Jackson had his way there is NO WAY South Carolina would be a province of Canada.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:40 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Typical, self-edifying, left wing attack against those with whom they disagree - and never an ounce of compromise in their ego-centered belief that they are the center of the universe and speak for the people of the United States of America.

Here's one for Colbert and his ilk: "When you insult the elected President and the office of the Presidency, you insult the people of the United States, our freedoms and the system upon which our government is founded. You promote yourself as being smarter than the millions who put him into office and all of the worthy opponents he defeated, while you denigrate the elective system upon which America was founded and operates.

You have not 'demolished' anything other than your own credibility and self-inflated sense of importance -- as you set aside all established standards of common decency and respect. Gloat while you are in the limelight, but, you are nothing more than a mediocre entertainer and lead nothing, but your own shadow.

You make no decisions and face no issues that influence anything beyond your own small, temporary circle of watchers. You will be long forgotten, while the President whom you so belligerently publicly insult will have an enormous influence on the world and country --- and will be long remembered. Enjoy your 15-minutes of fame ... then slink off into the bitter darkness where you belong.
IMO the comments made by Colbert are a reflection of his own decayed little mind, and the fact that those remarks are cheered on by left wing Trump hating minions says more about them than they do about the man those words were meant to attack.

Can you only imagine their reactions had Colbert directed those words against the Obama?

Old 05-03-2017, 05:48 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
We all knew that you, Canadian Stephen Colbert, was always a complete LOSER. You pretended to be a Republican during your job at Comedy Central. Now you want us voters for President Trump to like you?

You should be ashamed of what you said to the United States American President.
umm, he does not want Trump supporters to like him, why would you think that? They know exactly who watches the show and it is NOT trumpers. The truth is he does not care a nickel what trumpers think, he knows most of them are lost and nobody really cares.

It is the middle of the road folk who are not zealots. and frankly Trump called a well respected member of the media nasty names directly to his face. If Trump wants to be a rude nasty jerk, well so can Colbert.

i am delighted Colbert is not afraid of Trump and stands up to his bullying. and it is so funny just so so funny.

(BTW we all notice you played the old colbert is born in the USA card and thus weakened your case instantly)

Old 05-03-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
IMO the comments made by Colbert are a reflection of his own decayed little mind, and the fact that those remarks are cheered on by left wing Trump hating minions says more about them than they do about the man those words were meant to attack.

Can you only imagine their reactions had Colbert directed those words against the Obama?
yeah but obama did not insult people to their faces like Trump did. If you watched it you would know colbert was giving Trump what he dished out and more. Trump used his position of power to be nasty and extremely rude to the man interviewing him. Trump should be absolutely ashamed of himself .

Trump shames our nation and the Office when he sling mud at a polite honest frank respected journalist the way he did. but i guess you think it is OK for Trump to be rude to a man who has never disrespected him just because he is in the media?

Old 05-03-2017, 05:54 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
What's the problem? Colbert is a comedian and has been insulting politicians for the last 10 years that I know of. Is Trump some kind of snowflake that should be exempt from criticism and insult? He is a public figure - he wanted the job, now he has it and all that goes with it.
There is good natured "ribbing", and light hearted "insults" that everyone knows are not meant to be taken seriously, and then there are obscene vicious personal attacks made over and over again that cross the line of decency. I don't think it should take much in the way of intelligence to know the difference. But then, we are talking about my way or the highway libs, so....

Old 05-03-2017, 05:55 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
It figures that the left would defend his comments, it's because they agree..

However, if anyone on the right would have said it....there would be outrage....far beyond what the left is showing......CNN...not a thing...that I've seen....

Quote:
“In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s **** holster.
Imagine this being said about hillary, or even obama? Where is the outrage?

Old 05-03-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It figures that the left would defend his comments, it's because they agree..

However, if anyone on the right would have said it....there would be outrage....far beyond what the left is showing......CNN...not a thing...that I've seen....

Imagine this being said about hillary, or even obama? Where is the outrage?
much much worse is said about them all the time. The only difference is the Right does not control MSM, but they have daily internet shows and radio shows saying much much worse.

pizza gate is infinitely worse, it goes beyond insults and directly to accusations of utterly horrible crimes .

and just as importantly Hillary does not insult the media daily like trump does, so why would they seek to punish. Trump simply needs to keep his mouth shut if he wants others to. I am glad to see the media fight back, Trump has been extremely abusive. They are cutting his airtime because he is so offensive to almost everyone on the planet.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:06 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
There is good natured "ribbing", and light hearted "insults" that everyone knows are not meant to be taken seriously, and then there are obscene vicious personal attacks made over and over again that cross the line of decency. I don't think it should take much in the way of intelligence to know the difference. But then, we are talking about my way or the highway libs, so....
And I am sure you complained all the time about the personal insults hurled at President and also toward Mrs. Obama - not only by comedians, but also by right wing leadership. Unless you have and can show it, your lamenting about light hearted vs. vicious attacks will mean nothing to me.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I didn't watch. No great loss for me.

Just more of the same tired crap from the so-called late night hosts.
Um, why are they "so-called late night hosts?"

I mean, if someone hosts a show and it airs late in the night, what else would you call him or her? A morning show host?

Frankly, I think Seth Myers wins first prize, although I watched all of the late night talk show monologues on my laptop and Colbert was really good, but Seth Myers read a letter from a Civil War soldier to his wife that cracked me up. The letter begins @ 2:50.

[youtube]o6Am5RS5AoA[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Am5RS5AoA[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies