Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 03:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Yes, that is how any insurance works
I have no insurance.

Doh!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 03:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I watched my mom die before the ACA from something that if she would have had insurance would have been caught early enough to save her life.

Thats how those numbers are calculated. Its also why I am so adamant about this sort of thing.
Same deal with my brother in law. And what killed him was not the preexisting condition.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Everyone pays when children born with severe health problems and the poor elderly are denied health care. Who will pay? We all have to pay somehow, unless you want millions of children and poor elderly to die in the streets.
I told you, my mom, once middle class who is now poor is denied healthcare.... doors slammed in her face (2 yrs ago), sure she was cared for in the hospital but when she came home but still needed help she was told no when I know for a fact that the uber poor get all kinds of help at home. We found out that safety net help was only meant for the uber poor... who keep demanding more from people like her when we can't get any help when she needs it.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:10 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No I am not. I have no health insurance for people to sponge off of me.

My tax credits zero out my tax liability therefore I essentially pay no tax. I usually get a huge refund.
Are you exempt? For the year 2016, how did you avoid a tax penalty?

Old 05-04-2017, 03:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
No one is a bigger proponent of universal healthcare than Trump. Right now, anything resembling that is dead on arrival in Congress. Sooner or later it will happen. People need to start protesting and demanding it. That's the only thing that will change the minds of Congressmen now in the pockets of insurance companies.
Really? Then why has he been championing this bill? Why has he been twisting arms to get it passed?

And why hasn't he proposed UHI as this debate has been raging on? If, as you say, he is a big proponent of it there would have been no better moment than now to bring it up. And yet, he didn't say a word. Hmm...

You have been conned. And you are so far into the weeds of cultism that you can't even see it.

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
I'm looking at it this way: this will speed up the implementation of single payer by years instead of decades now. Thanks GOP!

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
This is just so disgusting. We have no idea the ramifications of this bill. We don't have a CBO score.et

Under this pre-existing conditions include rape, domestic violence and c-sections. I wonder who the Republicans were targeting? I am absolutely disgusted this was passed. I understand 100% the ACA needed to be reformed somehow. But to pass something to 'stick it to the dems' is what is happening.

We need to strip every government official from their government sponsored health care and level the playing field. They have no idea what the every day person has to deal with.

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Hahaha!

I can't wait till the insurance companies start combing through medical records and putting hundreds of thousands of people in the pre existing condition pool.

The insurers are really going to clean up.

Get ready people. If the insurers find ONE set of vitals with a B/P of say, 142/80 they will assign you a Hx of Hypertension. Ever complain of back ache, knee pain, etc? Welcome to the pre existing conditions pools. Did you have gestational diabetes, preeclampsia? Gotcha!

I'm gonna have to stock up on popcorn.
No universal definition of condition, as in preexisting. Many states left it up to insurers to decide.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:13 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's all moot when you can't afford the premiums, correct?
Which is why I support universal healthcare.

Premiums are only going to go up for the most vulnerable people. Keep in mind that those of us with disabilities, chronic illness, or acute medical emergencies are also most vulnerable in the workplace. We are, as an aggregate, significantly less able to handle the growing expense.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Ba ha ha ha... Nancy Pelosi said "do you want grandma living in the guest room"? News flash Nancy that's exactly where grandma is because although she is poor she is not poor enough, just a few dollars above the income limit to be considered poor, and she couldn't get help from government.

Let the Democrat fear mongering begin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies