Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 03:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
yeah when they hit you with a $300,000 or $500,000 bill that little HSA aint' gonna do squat. I've got an "HRA" account, which was one of the ideas that they aborted, similar to the HSA. The whole idea of savings account for medical care is some idiotic libertarian fantasy.
I'll be poor then and can get all kind of freebies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 03:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
The GOP makes me sick. Let's see how people who support this feel when they lose or can't get health care and then get a dire medical illness. See how it feels then to be told they are sick because they must not be "good people."
They will probably feel the same way as the millions of others that have been in this situation forever.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:40 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
These "scammers" were subsidized with Obamacare.
No argument. Obamacare was the Heritage Foundation plan to save the private insurance model from the Clintons.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:41 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
If you lead "good lives" you won't have pre-existing conditions. According to this a-hole Republican, poor health is a moral failing. This is the kind of person who voted today.

So I guess by his logic, he should be cancer-ridden with heart disease any day now.

Alabama congressman: “People who lead good lives†don’t have preexisting conditions - Salon.com
Those infants that are born with medical conditions should have simply led a good life and they wouldn't have been born sick.

Where do these guys come up with this stuff?

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No argument. Obamacare was the Heritage Foundation plan to save the private insurance model from the Clintons.
Cop out and why the GOP is in charge now.

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The Left gets so angry when things don't go their way. Death warrants?
True, last time they were laughing because a health care bill couldn't pass Congress. Now they're crying because it did. Anything a Republican does is going to be evil and anything a dem does will be the salvation of mankind. Wasn't Obamacare going to be the salvation of mankind at least in the U.S. since we're the only country stupid enough not to have some kind of universal healthcare in the civilized world.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:43 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
True, last time they were laughing because a health care bill couldn't pass Congress. Now their crying because it did.
i could not care less whose "team" "won" and i don't understand why anyone does

this is going to seriously screw up a lot of peoples lives

Old 05-04-2017, 03:44 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This is going to hurt the healthcare industry, not just patients. My state has seen a huge boom in healthcare investments - new clinics, hospitals, specialty centers - since Obamacare and the medicaid expansion passed. It is estimated that repealing Obamacare will cost this state alone 40,000 healthcare jobs.
You're making a not insignificant point.

Pretty easy to hate the game, but don't hate the players, most certainly at the delivery level. There are a lot of really good humans that do the work of patching us up so we can continue whatever it is that we're meant to do on this mortal coil.

Nearly every interest at the delivery level said this bill was madness. Yet immediately after the House voted themselves an exemption, they decided that standing on peoples necks, and being well funded to do so, made for a easier transaction than doing the peoples work. Don't for a minute... think the folks that shove the thermometer in your throat, help get your fat rear end up on the imaging table and a hundred other things that can and do happen on your next medical visit ...Don't for a minute think these folks aren't worth every penny they earn. This will hurt them as well.

America lost bigly today.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:47 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hey, how about if you pay my $920 a month healthcare insurance bill every month and I'll shut up.
You are the one who support this Trumpcare bill that the puppets you vote for have exempted themselves from. Wonder why?

I dont even support the health care insurance industry at all. You are the one who support their stooges in Congress. This bill is bought and paid for by the second biggest lobbyists in DC after Wall Street, the health insurance corporations.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:47 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i could not care less whose "team" "won" and i don't understand why anyone does

this is going to seriously screw up a lot of peoples lives
Anything short of universal healthcare for everyone is going to screw up a lot of people's lives. There's no way around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies