Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 04:21 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,867,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Barry was formally ADOPTED by his Indonesian step-father. He LOST his US citizenship.
Uh, you don't lose your citizenship in that scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 05:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Why are we still debating this? Holyyyyyyy crap.
We're still debating it because the issue may come up again, and we need to know. I do believe that the Framers view was that a "natural born citizen" was the child of parents who were both U.S. citizens at the time of the child's birth. Not one parent a citizen, but both.

It's important to study this issue from the perspective of the Framers and English history, which formed the basis of the thinking of the Framers of our Constitution. The roots of our Constitution are in English history. Our Framers didn't just come up with their ideas when they sat down to write our Constitution. They relied on English history. For example, our Declaration of Independence mirrored the Grand Remonstrance of 1641.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:08 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
What is this OFA he keeps talking about? This is the only place I've seen that. Must be a new trumpette talking point.
Dunno what he means either. Maybe it's an Alex Jones code word when he's warning about the invasion of the Lizard People.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:11 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We're still debating it because the issue may come up again, and we need to know. I do believe that the Framers view was that a "natural born citizen" was the child of parents who were both U.S. citizens at the time of the child's birth. Not one parent a citizen, but both.

It's important to study this issue from the perspective of the Framers and English history, which formed the basis of the thinking of the Framers of our Constitution. The roots of our Constitution are in English history. Our Framers didn't just come up with their ideas when they sat down to write our Constitution. They relied on English history. For example, our Declaration of Independence mirrored the Grand Remonstrance of 1641.
It HAS been studied, and debated. He was legally allowed to be the president. It's time to move on. Seriously.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:15 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That depends on who you believe. I have questions about Ted Cruz now that I have done more study on that topic, and I found one Constitutional Lawyer who travels the country doing seminars on the Constitution and on law who gave an excellent presentation on the "natural born citizen" issue, using writings from the Framers as well as the Federalist Papers, which seem in disagreement with the opinion of a court in the case involving Ted Cruz. It was so well presented that I was convinced that neither Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio OR Barack Obama are "natural born citizens." You see, what the Framers wanted to avoid was any allegiance to a foreign nation whatsoever. I'm telling you, when the speaker was finished, I was so convinced that I had to change my view.
That seminar and $5 will get you a nice latte at Starbucks. You can always find one Attorney on line to support what you think that the Founding Fathers intended. What counts though is the broad consensus of legal scholars and legal precedent. That ship has sailed and it isn't coming back.

Say stare decisis.

You're not going to suddenly get a new Interpretation of the Constitution that supercedes 200 plus years of precedent.

That would take a Constitutional amendment.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precedent

Last edited by Bureaucat; 06-14-2017 at 05:57 PM..

Old 06-14-2017, 05:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Most Trump real estate isn't sold to persons or LLCs; most of it is sold to anonymous shadowy shell companies:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lcs/102399558/

Sounds like money laundering to me.
I don't know about Trump but i do know that real estate is one of the top ways to launder money.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:12 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know about Trump but i do know that real estate is one of the top ways to launder money.
And viola! Trump Organization With Kushner Properties specializes in selling real estate to foreign entities who prefer to remain anon and in the shadows.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:47 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
That is so absurd.

I have a different LLC for every property that I have.

Newsflash! This is the way sophisticated people buy and own real estate. We're not talking about standard little 3 bedroom homes in the suburbs here. We're talking about properties that are marketed towards the 1%.

Hardly shocking. Yet you guys who don't understand it and/or just don't like Trump, have to label it as shady or sinister.
Please....
The average Joes use a single-member LLC to buy property or properties to protect their assets, so that they personally will not be liable if it is rented out, or to use as a tax deduction. Some, in fact, are little 3-BR homes--depends on the investment. It is not the way one would hold ownership of their own domicile in a place like Florida, or you would not get the Homestead property owner tax cap, nor would it allow one to legally register to vote in Florida, as Bannon illegally did.

But an LLC is also very handy for hiding owners who become a member of a multi-member LLC, which then holds ownership of the property. In most states, you cannot find the identity of the members of a multi-member LLC without reading their operating agreement, and operating agreements are not required to be made public--they are private documents.

Most states require that you only name the manager(s) of the LLC, in which case the identity of all other members remain private. In addition, an LLC may be a member of another LLC, and so on, and it becomes quite a chore to follow the chain of ownership and find the actual owners of the LLC or to find the amount of interest they hold in the LLC.

LLCs are also allowed to appoint managers who are not members (i.e., owners of the company) and thereby keep the owner's identity totally unknown. So it is also a good vehicle for non-citizens or shady business people to hold property or businesses and not divulge their identity.

Last edited by Enigma777; 06-14-2017 at 06:58 PM..

Old 06-14-2017, 07:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
How about Hillary and Bill selling 20% of our uranium to Russia?
You already know that is a lie.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:59 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
That's what the game is all about. Property is provided to be bought anonymously with dirty money, then it's re-sold and becomes clean and respectable. The Mafia has been using real estate for a long time, to do the same thing. It should be prosecuted as racketeering. The name of Boss Tweed will be eclipsed in its infamy, as being the ultimate in political corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies