Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 03:01 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
As a Repub, I'd be very happy to be rid of the obese orange clown.

Let's get a real economic conservative in there....while Pence is too religious for my liking, he's an improvement.
Sure... you are a conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,249 times
Quote:

Let's get a real economic conservative in there....while Pence is too religious for my liking, he's an improvement.
While I'm no Rep or Dem I'd prefer Pence over loony toons any day.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:10 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
It's no secret the Republicans have never liked Donald Trump. But they took a lemon and made lemonade when they realized Trump was ripe for being taken advantage of. So they put one thing after the next in front of him to sign and sign away he did. No need to go through the usual dog and pony show because Trump will sign anything. But the voters are falling like dominoes and the Republicans are getting worried about mid-terms.

Then came The Plan: Get rid of Trump in time for the Republicans to recoup from the damage the party is experiencing now. Dump him by the end of the year. That should give them enough time to get back in good graces with voters before the 2018 mid-terms, otherwise it will be a blood bath and the Democrats will take control of Congress.

But Trump has to cooperate with The Plan that will oust him. And he's been doing okay but still needed to do more. Then Trump fired Jim Comey. The people began screaming and the Republicans began wringing their hands.

The Dems are now cooperating beautifully with The Plan by loudly comparing Trump to Nixon and calling the firing a Constitutional Crisis. Perfect! Let them rally to remove Trump while the Pubs pretend to stand behind their leader.

Once public opinion shifts enough, the Pubs will slowly drop their support of Trump, because, well... they have to, you know. Then Pence steps in and the Pubs will have succeeded in carrying out The Plan and 2018 won't be the end of their dominance.
Do you write a lot of fiction? I think if you clean this up you might have good enough story to market.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:

I am not nearly as conservative as that, but I want that man out.

I have a theory (one of several, I am not sure) that Mr Trump will step down after a while and retire with dignity, citing bone spurs as the reason.

Old 05-11-2017, 03:28 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I am not nearly as conservative as that, but I want that man out.

I have a theory (one of several, I am not sure) that Mr Trump will step down after a while and retire with dignity, citing bone spurs as the reason.
The bone spur nonsense is just that. No one with bone spurs that could be seen as a 20 yr old would be standing as much as trump did on his campaign. He doesnt have bone spurs.

Source-personal painful experience with them when they showed up in my mid 30's

Old 05-11-2017, 03:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The R's endanger themselves by acting like Globalist Progressives. It's not Trump damaging them, they are doing it all by themselves.

These are the people that will be primaried to hold them accountable.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:14 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
You are giving the GOP too much credit for actually having a master plan, they had no choice. Just sit back an watch how this success story turns out, so far not to well.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:54 PM

727 posts, read 390,579 times
When they put a rifle in my hand and told me to go out into the jungle to "kill them gooks" I believed I was fighting for American freedom. LBJ was in the White House and, say what you will about him, he made you believe in fighting for freedom. I thought Trump was the answer to breaking the stronghold the elite had on our country. I was wrong.

McCain knows Trump is screwing up and isn't afraid to say it. There are a lot of us out there who are happy he's standing up for the country we believe in. Trump isn't the leader we thought he would be and the people are getting tired of the lack of leadership. That's what the Republicans are seeing and that's what they are reacting to. We've lost faith in our president.

There are a lot of spineless politicians waiting in the weeds for the winds shift. And these are the ones Trump needs to worry about.

Once the tide turns, the silent, spineless politicians will start saying, "We had no idea but now that we know, we will do what's right for America." What they will do is what's right for them and that means getting re-elected. And if sacrificing Trump is what it takes, that's what they will do.

The one thing about Trump is he's transparent. Firing Comey was a preemptive strike. The FBI investigation is scaring the crap out of Trump. Where there's smoke... The Republicans have no choice but to cut and run.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:04 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Sure... you are a conservative.
What makes you think he isn't?

Sure... you aren't a troll.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:07 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Anti-Trumpets have gone insane for a year and it appears they still are refusing to take their medications...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies