Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 07:33 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
To each their own, but my wife and I tried to watch Dr. Ken and that was just awful. I am surprised it made it this long.
It is understandable if they lost viewers, or the actors start demanding more and more money. And as far as the political part, the earlier seasons had many more digs to the left than the current episodes. I would really hate to think they cancelled it due to political reasons...
I really don't think they did. I also didn't find the "digs" or political jokes to be any more than other shows that are on ABC or other networks.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:38 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You want to see hapless husband, watch Fixer Upper on HGTV.

Chip's a former baseball player turned contractor and she's a designer of homes that you just want to flop down and live in.

Tim Allen is okay, but a little of that goes a long way. Here you can also see some sweet remodels in Waco, Texas of all places.
Last man standing is mostly boring. Kyle is the best character IMHO.

I like fixer upper because the budgets are not high six figures into low seven figures. If I see one more 1.2 million budget person whine about a house...

Old 05-12-2017, 07:41 AM

29,510 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Last man standing is mostly boring. Kyle is the best character IMHO.

I like fixer upper because the budgets are not high six figures into low seven figures. If I see one more 1.2 million budget person whine about a house...

My parents binge watch that Fixer Upper show. I've tried to watch a view episodes and the hosts are just annoying to me. I do like a lot of the styles they chose though. It is funny seeing how some of these young twenty something couples can buy a $400k house and have a $60k budget to fix it up.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:20 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
My husband likes that show. I bear it when it is on. I, as a conservative woman, found the show very offensive. The constant sexist comments were an issue. The superiority of a male in the household was constantly being played out, something that my husband could only dream about in our household.

In the beginning it was kind of cute. Conservative leaning? Poor taste leaning. It was a trainwreck!

I was thrilled to hear it was cancelled!

My husband is still insisting it has to do with "conservative-leaning", but this isn't the first time my husband has been wrong! Yeah, his next wife will agree with him!

Old 05-12-2017, 08:27 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
I'm starting to feel that euthanizia via Fox News brain waves
is the only hope for America at this point.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:31 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGonnaHappen View Post
ABC Cancels Conservative Tim Allen Sitcom 'Last Man Standing' Despite Strong Ratings

Disappointing for sure,ABC continues to show the open mindedness and fairness in media....I loved this show really the ONLY reason I watch ABC. Guess it can be deleted from our tv channel list now. I hope FX or CMT or someone picks up a sure winner of a TV show.
Umm...Fake news?

Where is the evidence that it was cancelled because of conservative leanings?

Old 05-12-2017, 08:32 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,757,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Oh yeah it didnt have anything to do with politics, it is one of abcs highest rated shows and gets more viewers than liberal shows like blackish, "the real oneals" a sitcom featuring a teenaged character who came outas homosexual to his family members based on the life of foul-mouthed Dan Savage or When We Rise, the show chronicles the leaders who agitated for LGBT rights in the US Civil Rights movement

of course it had nothing to do with politics
It gets lower ratings than Blackish, so it makes sense they would renew that show over LMS. However, in case you hadn't heard, the Real O'Neals was cancelled too. The ratings were not much worse than LMS.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:37 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I really don't think they did. I also didn't find the "digs" or political jokes to be any more than other shows that are on ABC or other networks.
I'm a flaming liberal and that was one of my favorite programs. Tim reminded me of the old Archie Bunker character with the son-in-law thrown in for balance.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:53 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,562 times
Are these the same liberals that accuse us of not being tolerant?!

Old 05-12-2017, 08:55 AM

9,889 posts, read 7,226,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
It gets lower ratings than Blackish, so it makes sense they would renew that show over LMS. However, in case you hadn't heard, the Real O'Neals was cancelled too. The ratings were not much worse than LMS.
It may get higher ratings but it doesn't generate the same revenue or profit for the network:

30 second ad on Blackish: $139K
30 second ad on Last Man Standing: $76K

TV Ad Pricing Chart: 'Grey's Anatomy' Returns to the Top 10 | Media - AdAge

Further, Anthony Anderson gets $100K per episode and Tim Allen gets $250K so it's quite possible that Blackish costs ABC must less than Last Man Standing. Last, Blackish is owned by ABC so they have a vested interest in ensuring the show makes the 100 episode magic number in order to syndicate it profitably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies